DDMWorks MAP Clip

• After the thread with @jaytee and his Alpha supercharger install and the problem he had with his engine, there was talk on that thread about the possibility of the MAP sensor popping out. At this point, we have not see that happen with any of our kits that we are aware of, but @TravAZ did report he has seen it happen on his own Slingshot with an Alpha setup also. Since the MAP sensors on these Slingshots are very important for fueling, Zach who is one of the designers here designed up a little clip that holds the MAP sensor in place and locks it down. We printed the prototypes yesterday and they pop on and work great. Right now we are printing out some more that we will be sending out to make sure they work on other Slingshots also.

Once we have some more information and pricing for these, I will post it up. They should be relatively inexpensive for some peace of mind.

Let me know if you have any other questions, although I am leaving for a couple days to take an actual vacation, so it might be El Jefe that answers your questions.
    Dave

• ok, pardon my ignorance, but I have never removed the MAP sensor so up until a few minutes ago that @Dave@DDMWorks posted these pictures I wasn't sure exactly where it was. Now that I see this, I see that on my install, I have a screw with loctite placed in between the clips that DDM is designing this cover for. I'm assuming what I have on mine is what @TravAZ has on his. That being said, I wonder why disconnecting and reconnecting the gray w/white cap connector on the MAP sensor clears my error codes. I don't believe my sensor has ever actually gotten loose or come out, but rather the voltages to the sensor are intermittent for some reason (if the service code is correct, 106-4 . Perhaps a bad connector?
    Like I said on the other thread, whenever I get the error (up until now) the engine still runs fine and my AFR stays where it's supposed to be.
    Any ideas from you experts? This is getting really annoying. I get random codes pretty much every time I push my sling hard. The codes either disappear by themselves or I reseat connectors. So far the only 2 connectors I've re seated are the the MAP and I think the Air FLow.
    :|

• ok, pardon my ignorance, but I have never removed the MAP sensor so up until a few minutes ago that @Dave@DDMWorks posted these pictures I wasn't sure exactly where it was. Now that I see this, I see that on my install, I have a screw with loctite placed in between the clips that DDM is designing this cover for. I'm assuming what I have on mine is what @TravAZ has on his. That being said, I wonder why disconnecting and reconnecting the gray w/white cap connector on the MAP sensor clears my error codes. I don't believe my sensor has ever actually gotten loose or come out, but rather the voltages to the sensor are intermittent for some reason (if the service code is correct, 106-4 . Perhaps a bad connector?
    Like I said on the other thread, whenever I get the error (up until now) the engine still runs fine and my AFR stays where it's supposed to be.
    Any ideas from you experts? This is getting really annoying. I get random codes pretty much every time I push my sling hard. The codes either disappear by themselves or I reseat connectors. So far the only 2 connectors I've re seated are the the MAP and I think the Air FLow.
    :|

Try readjusting the gremlin bell I sent you... :thumbsup:

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Damn, I thought this thread was going to be about geographical maps, and I was all like "who needs a map - the whole purpose is to lose yourself".

But, since it's not, that is actually a very cool fix to a relatively serious problem. Nicely done guys!

• This is more what the final version will look like. This one is being personally hand delivered to one of our supercharger customers tomorrow for testing :) The black material is ordered for production and will be here on Monday and we will start making batches of these early next week and get them on our website for ordering. The first couple batches will be black, but we will probably have some other colors available later.

• We will get you and @MACAWS some red ones on the way soon!

hey @Dave@DDMWorks why you picking on me! I have been quietly waiting on you phone call as to when we can take the next step on my Slingshot.
    I haven't bothered you once and you still pick on me....

Great job I will take one in fast grey or faster black - NO RED

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• @Dave@DDMWorks... I'm assuming this will work on both DDMWorks & Alpha Map sensors? I may have missed that in your write-up. From what I'm learning....the DDMWorks sensors have an adapter that holds the sensor more firmly? I've got the Alpha turbo with 2 bar sensor, so I'm naturally nervous now.
    I'd like one in the Fastest Red you can print please....... :D Any other color might subtract mph from my statistics :whistling:

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi