Double din install with pioneer

• @Mmahoney79 I installed a pioneer avic 5200nex with that kit. It is very tight, it is a pressure fit. I had to do some very light sanding on the sides or you will have issues removing it later without taking apart tthe dash. One more thing is to ensure all the wiring is kept to the back or sides and none is trapped underneath the unit when you install it or the mount kit will not fit flush. Don't pry on the flanges of the mounting kit, they will break.

• @Mmahoney79 I installed a pioneer avic 5200nex with that kit. It is very tight, it is a pressure fit. I had to do some very light sanding on the sides or you will have issues removing it later without taking apart tthe dash. One more thing is to ensure all the wiring is kept to the back or sides and none is trapped underneath the unit when you install it or the mount kit will not fit flush. Don't pry on the flanges of the mounting kit, they will break.

thank you. What parts did you sand? I am going to put the 4200nex and during my dry fit, didn't look like it was going to work. wasnt sure if I needed to put the head unit in first and then the bracket, cause it didn't look like it was going to do it together for a drop in from the front. Also, if I did remove the dash, I think I run into the same problem since it won't just slide in the hole....(first time I'm having this problem)...l

• I sanded the left and right outside of the mount kit just enough to make it slide easier, not too much. Put the head unit in from the rear of the mount kit first and secure with the flathead screws. Then slide the unit in the dash. I reached in from the engine bay to keep the wires out of the way while sliding it in.

• I sanded the left and right outside of the mount kit just enough to make it slide easier, not too much. Put the head unit in from the rear of the mount kit first and secure with the flathead screws. Then slide the unit in the dash. I reached in from the engine bay to keep the wires out of the way while sliding it in.

Thank you. So you sanded the mount kid not anything on the sling, correct? Huge help Joe!

• Great advise reading this thread. I'm looking at fitting a mounting kit with an Android unit in it. Everything will be very tight and the advise will help me a great deal. I will also be needing to fit some additional parts (additional European DAB - Digital Audio Bradcast- radio receiver, GPS reviver, 4G phone antennas, additional multi camara recorder and associated feeds...)

When completed it should be a great set up but may take a long time to complete properly. But above all of this, I first need Polaris Britain to sort out the original radio/camara instalation so that I know everything works fine before further developing the rest of the system.

If things progress well I'll post the results, however I may be back for some additional advice as things proceed.

All the best, from UK_Paul

• Works for me, anyhow the gist was that I couldn't get the camera to work when I finished the hookup and @WraithSS told me that it might be off on the unit itself by default. I went through the setup screens and found he was right.

Odd. Thought it might be because I was using an iPad but won't work on my PC either. I am about to buy a Pioneer unit and was just looking for anything that might be helpful in the install.

• Here was my solution, I cut off the square OEM Camera connection and bullet connected a Yellow RCA plug to the wires then plugged that into my head unit, I then wired the reverse gear signal input (purple) from the head unit to a dash switch so I can just flip a switch anytime I want the camera on. no fooling around with the transmission connection or reverse switch

• Hi all, has anyone installed a pioneer avh4100bs, with a 7" screen? I am in the process of making a custom bracket so the screen sits vertically straight. I noticed that the sun would shine onto the screen making it impossible to see it clearly. I will post pics as soon as I am done. If anyone has this unit in their sling, can you please post some pics?

Drive so you can drive tomorrow, and remember that fun is always on the sunny side up.

• Hi all, has anyone installed a pioneer avh4100bs, with a 7" screen? I am in the process of making a custom bracket so the screen sits vertically straight. I noticed that the sun would shine onto the screen making it impossible to see it clearly. I will post pics as soon as I am done. If anyone has this unit in their sling, can you please post some pics?

I have the avh4800 it has the screen and chassis, here are a few pics

• Nice set up Chowder. Neat and tidy. Do have an amp installed? I just picked up a JL MX280/4 amp, I'm starting install as soon as I read the destructions.

Drive so you can drive tomorrow, and remember that fun is always on the sunny side up.