Sling Wings & Air Wings ... Looking for user feedback

• As of right now, I am running with the stock tinted windshield.

I am wanting to go to the F4 +5 windshield and am looking for feedback with regards to people who have either the Sling Wing or the Air Wings on their machine.

1) How much air movement do they help with?
    2) If you have a raised windshield with yours, and the Wings , are they worth the purchase? Or do they simply make it too hot in there?

• I have the slingwings, and they are mounted as suggested by the company. I had to drill a couple of holes in each side to accomplish this. They worked great with the stock windscreen. I then upgraded to the Madstad 9" and it extends further than the stock, almost rendering my previously drilled and mounted wings useless for airflow. They work great for keeping rain out, as they extend the Madstad even further, but they suck now at capturing air flow.

I wish I would have waited and bought the Baker's that mount to the windscreen. They seemed to have figured out a way around it.

Alpha Supercharger is still spinning fine... it gets rode hard, every time.

• I have the baker air wings and love them. It brings in a LOT of air in to the cockpit. I never installed it on to my factory ripper windshield that came with the LE model yet but it is on my F4+4 windshield. The reason I went with the baker air wings is that I didn't want to drill in to my dash.. The baker just clips on to your windshield and clamps down and tightens

• As of right now, I am running with the stock tinted windshield.

I am wanting to go to the F4 +5 windshield and am looking for feedback with regards to people who have either the Sling Wing or the Air Wings on their machine.

1) How much air movement do they help with?
    2) If you have a raised windshield with yours, and the Wings , are they worth the purchase? Or do they simply make it too hot in there?

I am running the stock tinted blade, but I cut it down level with the notch to get rid of the distortion that was in the top edge. So the top edge is about 1/2 inch above the bracket. I do not like looking thru the windscreen so now I can see over the top. I also cut 2 1/2 inches off of my stock clear blade. Which makes it perfect for me at 42,000 miles.

• I have the Baker wings on a stock SL blade and love the airflow from croch to chest. And when closed my outside shoulder stays dry in rain. Also like that they connect to the blade with no drilling.

#02828 January 2015 build date.
    Here to assist anyone in the Denver area.

• That is exactly what I was looking for, thank you everyone.

I am really wanting to get the wind up and over my head and allow myself to sit in that "sweet spot" where you can just enjoy the quiet ride.

I like the fact that the Baker wings do not require drilling either, which is why I am considering them over the Sling Wings. (I mean really, who wants holes if you can avoid them?)

My wife is looking for something to keep her shoulder a little warmer too and it sounds like the Wings provide that little extra protection we're looking for.

All in all, you've sold me with my decision to move forward with the F4 +5 and the Baker Wings. Thanks again everyone.

• I've put 42,000 miles on the F4 5+ tinted with the Baker 'Air Wings' --- love the combination...

I am wanting to make sure I get the tint combo right with the F4 and the Baker Wings. The Wings come with 2 levels of tint. Which did you go with, light or dark tint? They look like they match pretty close.

• Random thought....do the Wings get in the way of the Mirrors?

I have one of the very first F4 5+ tinted that Don Frank sold....and than Don working with Bruce Baker wanted to get the Baker 'Air Wings' on some of the Slingshots. Bruce installed mine at his shop in Ohio....as a test sample, I can tell you that I got them at a real NICE price. If you order from Don at F4 windshields he will make sure that they match. Air Wings/mirrors on the passenger side
    you are looking thru the Air Wing into the mirror so at times there is a little
    distortion. After driving a few miles it won't be a problem.

Hope I got you totally confused NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• I have one of the very first F4 5+ tinted that Don Frank sold....and than Don working with Bruce Baker wanted to get the Baker 'Air Wings' on some of the Slingshots. Bruce installed mine at his shop in Ohio....as a test sample, I can tell you that I got them at a real NICE price. If you order from Don at F4 windshields he will make sure that they match. Air Wings/mirrors on the passenger side you are looking thru the Air Wing into the mirror so at times there is a little
    distortion. After driving a few miles it won't be a problem.

Hope I got you totally confused NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Likely going through Slingmods, just for convenience sake. Gotta make those points climb to buy another Mod right?

• 42,000? jeez how many miles total do you have on your sling?

Little over 44,500 --- That's actually a total of the 2015 and 2016 --- Put the F4 5+ on the 2015 and changed it over to the 2016 when I picked it up. I had one of the first F4 5+ tinted that came off the line.