• Tire size and availability both depend on which model and wheel size you have. For the Base Slingshot, the largest tire that will fit on the stock wheels is 295/30R18. If you want an inexpensive tire, check out the Nankang NS-20 from Discount Tire Direct. It comes in a 275/35R18 size which will mean you're doing around 66 mph at an indicated 65. If you want the widest tire solution at the cheapest total cost, check out the American Muscle 10th Anniversary Cobra Style 17 x 10.5 wheel and a Nitto 555 G2 315/35R17 tire. It's dimensionally almost exactly the same as the stock 265/35R18 tire, so the speedo is still reasonably accurate. The only drawback is the wqheel is only a +28 offset, so the wheel/tire is starts at almost the same position on the right as the stock tire, but it extends almost 30mm to the left, meaning the wheel/tire will be slightly off-center. Didn't bother me and I got my wheel from American Muscle for $149.99 shipped an the tire from DiscountTireDirect for just over $240 with pro-rated 3-year road hazard coverage or just over $200 w/o the warranty.
    I posted about looking for a 17" wheel in this thread - Wheel/Tire question for Base Slingshot. I got a little over 10K miles on each of my first two Kenda Base tires (the factory and an aftermarket). I then tried a Sumitomo HTR Z III 295/30R18 and only got around 5K miles for my $270. I then got a Nankang NS-20 275/35R18 for around $120 installed thru DiscountTireDirect and installed by DiscountTire. I currently have around 5-6K miles on the Nankang. Looking forward to using the Nitto once I wear down the Nankang.
    Most folks seem to look for larger wheels/tires. I wanted the largest tire at a decent cost, so I went with a smaller wheel and bigger tire.

Edited once, last by BKL ().