Need You Electrical Knowledge

• Well it was 20 degrees here yesterday and going to get 6 to inches of snow tonight so I wrapped up the install of the Madstad Stinger top.

I went with the electrical add-on for the top - courtesy lights and LED bar.

I already had the Accessory Fuse Block and Wiring Harness Kit from SlingMods and that has been installed for about 9 months. All of the accessories on the fuse block are setup to power with ignition.

To power the Madstad Stinger accessories the kit uses the cigarette lighter plug behind/between the two seats.

As you know I'm not very mechanical or wise with electrical .... heck I'm darn near an idiot on most of this stuff as it takes me 2 or 3 times longer to install.

In any event, I wrapped up the install and started up the Slingshot and checked that everything was working as expected. I turned off the Slingshot, put the key in my pocket, and lite up post mod cigarette to enjoy the satisfaction .... when all if the sudden every one of my accessories from the fuse block turned on! After a few minutes they turned off on their own.

What did I do wrong? I know the between the seat plug is consistent power but I didn't touch the fuse block. The fuse block accessories never did this before. Sorry if this a silly question but I do appreciate your help

sent from my FAST red slingshot

• It's haunted!!! Burn that f**ker the the ground!!!!!!

Just kidding! Did you try to replicate the event??

Yup. I can replicate it every time I turn it on. I haven't timed how long the lights stay on after it is off but it is easily two minutes or longer

It's the Bader Badger, it can't be burned to the ground

• The fuse block and harness from slingmods has three cables coming out of it. Constant +12V (usually connected directly to the battery), switched +12V (who knows where this is connected, possibly to the back of the power outlet in the glove box) and ground.

Do you know where your switched +12V for the fuse box is wired to?

• The fuse block and harness from slingmods has three cables coming out of it. Constant +12V (usually connected directly to the battery), switched +12V (who knows where this is connected, possibly to the back of the power outlet in the glove box) and ground.

Do you know where your switched +12V for the fuse box is wired to?

Constant is to the battery and switched is to cigarette plug in glove box

• Sounds like you have the Stinger accessory lights connected via the cigarette outlet. Did you use the always-on outlet? If so, having the lights connected via the cigarette outlet and not via the fuse box may somehow cause power from the always-on cigarette outlet to trigger the fuse box into thinking the power is switched on. That still wouldn't explain why the stuff eventually shuts down, though. At least that's my guess. I don't know that there is any connection between the always-on outlet and the switched outlet, but you never know with Polaris.

• First thing always check the area you just worked on. Can you get to the plug between the seats? If so, disconnect the plug. Does it still do It? If not then plug something else into the plug. Does it still do it.
    No, it is something with the stinger.
    Yes, then start looking at the plug and it's power and ground to see if something is pinched.