Tire size difference

• For those of you that have driven a SS with a 17" and a 18" tires combo. Then went to the larger 18" Cast Aluminum Front Wheels, 20" Cast Aluminum Rear Wheel combo. What differences could you tell?
    Thanks,
    Shaun

• Here is what i felt in seat of the pants and steering wheel...when on SOME roads that have the "tire ruts" from years of cars using these roads, the 17's n 18, seen to fit in the ruts with less issues...BUT..when i went on same road or like road,,the 18's and 20 ..would pick up the ruts more..and make ss ss ss wobble more...thats how i felt it to be..hope that helps/ on a straight and smooth road,,they (18-20 were really nice//:)

• Listed yes....reality no ........

As @NatomasSlingshot1 mentioned the nose is higher on the SL/SE ...the rear has a different shock clevis that helps the back end height .....

speaking of...I've never understood how base and SL have different size tires, nonadjustable shocks and yet factory ride height is listed the same for both...?

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Different length rear shock linkages. When you switch from Base to SL wheels/tires, you have to switch out the rear linkage (and I think have the dealer reprogram the ECU for proper speed/mileage). BTW, I say linkage, but if it's called something else, it's the piece that the lower part of the shock bolts to the swing arm.

• Different length rear shock linkages. When you switch from Base to SL wheels/tires, you have to switch out the rear linkage (and I think have the dealer reprogram the ECU for proper speed/mileage). BTW, I say linkage, but if it's called something else, it's the piece that the lower part of the shock bolts to the swing arm.

Correct term is clevis but we know what you meant! ;)^^

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• speaking of...I've never understood how base and SL have different size tires, nonadjustable shocks and yet factory ride height is listed the same for both...?

Ok, So I just learned something!! Are you saying the base model does not have adjustable shocks? But the other models do? What is the purpose of the adjustable shock? height,ride,handling?

• Nope, neither do...but I had to start studying up on shocks and ride height when I was looking into an upgrade (I ended up with the JRI/Alpha 2-way adjustable...they're unbelievable...completely different machine...)

Supporter H&P Animal Alliance