Looks like I have a new doggie.

• Today I was in town working at one of the doctors offices and I noticed the rain had started coming down in sheets.. I finished up what I was working on and went out to my truck to head home. And when I cranked the truck this Golden Retriever jumped out from under my truck. As I pulled out of the parking lot he followed beside me right by my door..I turned around and went back to the clinic and the whole time I was inside he stood in the pouring rain right beside my truck door.. He even had a collar with NO information on it.. Everyone in the clinic said he was from "up the hill". Which is a bunch of houses that go for miles and miles.. I decided I would take him to the only Vet in town and see if they knew who he belonged to. The Vet said he always roaming around town and was 1 of the 5 "city dogs".

I just brought him home and gave him a bath and noticed he had infected red smelly ears. And he was pretty old.. But he was the coolest dog ever. He knew how to sit, shake, lay down, and he knew how to use the doggie door and go outside to use the bathroom.

So unless someone wants to claim him and explain the neglect I have a new dog. I guess his name is Duke. He looks just like the Bush baked beans dog.

• He's beautiful ( in a very manly way). Congrats.

#02828 January 2015 build date.
    Here to assist anyone in the Denver area.

• I have cleaned his ears up and used q-tips and some peroxide to clean them out. He just tilted his head and let me. I cut all the matted hair off of him and gave him a bath with Bath and Body Work Vanilla Bean soap. ( to cut through the filth) and he is laying in the living room on the couch now.

I guess you could say he hit the doggie lotto today.... I think all my future dogs will be old dogs. They are way better behaved than the hyper young dogs....... He is super chilled out.....

• So if I sit by your slingshot in the pouring rain and jump into the passenger seat, you'll bring me home and adopt me too? I'd be part of the family, and my ears are fine. Maybe you'll let me drive once in a while

You can come live with me anytime....

And if your nice and don't shed or mess in the floor you can drive my SS.. :p :p :D:D:)

• Hey I just love my dogs and animals. The way I see it : if my fat ass can eat and stay dry so can they.... I don't want any of them to do without ....

However on the flip side of that coin..... I hate those sad commercials on TV. They make me feel like shit for some reason. If they would take that advertisement money and buy some food and pay for some gas to go out in the communities and help the animals it would be much better spent.

• Cool dog! Great Job! I wonder if he has the secret recipe?

Both of mine are rescues, I can't see paying for a dog (more mods) when they are being put to sleep daily in the shelters. I'd love to take mine in the Slingshot, but he is way to hyper. I'd need some kind of super harness that wouldn't let him move out of the seat or he would eat the children and bicyclist going down the road. At least he thinks he wants to try them.
    He looks so calm in the picture, but he is a maniac outside...

• I may have found his owner. My wife found pictures on Facebook that indicate he has a family in town. The owners are nice people if it's actually their dog and they have two young children. Maybe they just need to be reminded he needs some extra attention to keep him happy at home... It is pretty evident that he has been trained and fed by someone so if it's actually their dog he needs to go back home.
    If it is their dog I will ask them to come by and pick him up. I can keep an eye on him for a while and make sure he isn't roaming the streets.

I will let yall know how this story turns out later today. Either way I will make sure he gets his ears fixed up and make sure he doesn't roam the streets.

These are a few pictures of him with the kids that my wife found on Facebook. I would say that it is the same dog...