Disapointing experince with vendors

• It is very disappointing in how slow to non existent some of these vendors are who sell modifications to our slingshot are.

Big props to those companies who actually respond to emails, Answer phone and call back even if it is just saying. We are working on the project for you and will get back to you Tuesday. Then actually follow up on what they say they will do. That really goes a long was with me and most people. I appreciate those who are on top of business.

That is better than leaving someone hanging for weeks and weeks or over month in some cases.

The ones who do not. SMH.

I have money to spend on major projects. I am getting tired of waiting with little to almost no communication.

End Rant!

Slingshot LIFE!!! #SlingshotHouston Find us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Youtube

• Are any of those vendors on this site? No names, just curious.

So I personally don't see an issue with calling vendors out. I do think that the tactful thing to do is to try and handle things on a private basis first, because... well... sh!t happens! Life happens! And we are all human. I don't expect perfection... every time, but some of the vendors have made it a pattern and a way of doing business.

Calling them out does 2 things in my opinion.

1) The vendors are here for us, not the other way around. I see my fellow Slingers as family and I am loyal to you guys first and foremost. If I feel there is someone out there that I wouldn't do business with or who didn't provide good customer service/products, I see it a responsibility to warn my fellow Slingers.

2) Calling them out publicly (after private communications fail to resolve an issue) holds them to a standard and accountable. If we call them out publicly, others will be weary of doing business with them. This will force them to either rise to the occasion or to fail and disappear into the background.

On the other hand, I think it's important to give kudos publicly to OUTSTANDING vendors!! @slingmods is a shining example of what all vendors should be striving to be. These guys provide nothing short of exceptional customer service and great product options!

Thank you again for being AWESOME @slingmods @SlingMods Brandon @SlingMods_Josh!!!!!!!

• @TheRock really appreciate the shoutout and the kind words my friend!! Please if you ever have any problem with any of our vendors please let us know and we will get the problem, whatever it may be, solved for you!!

Our Collection:
    Rykers: 2019 Ryker 600 | 2019 Ryker 900 Rally
    Spyders: 2017 F3-S | 2018 RT Limited | 2019 F3 Limited
    Slingshots: 2015 Base | 2015 SL | 2016.5 SLE | 2018 SLR

forum-footer-image-2.gif

• This went from a vendor complaint thread to a praise Slingmods thread! While I'm at it, all hail Slingmods! I've had nothing but awesome experiences with them. Probably gonna go buy that carbon fiber fender dress up kit.

• I completely agree with @TheRock. Vendors stay (or lose business) based upon customer service. There are some superb vendors in the slingshot community and they are as much a part of this as we are because they truly care. @slingmods, @SlingMods_Josh, @'Turbosling,' Alpha Media, @RichArlt @Dave@DDMWorks @JeffWelter and @Noel Hughes to just name some that I have personally had wonderful communication and customer satisfaction with that I will be a repeat customer and tell all my friends about. That's you. You all are my friends, and should be warned about vendors in the not so caring category.

Alpha Supercharger is still spinning fine... it gets rode hard, every time.

• Last year at an event, I had a vendor really piss me off. I ordered a wind restrictor from one place, prior to the event. While at the event, a vendor said they had them there and could install it for me. I told them I already ordered one, but thanks for the offer. They told me my order would not go through for a least 2 months because he had cornered the market and had all of them being made. Plus he said the vendor where I ordered it, was laying to me. Well I fell to the pressure and tried to cancel my order on the spot. When I called, they said it was shipped and could not cancel. The vendor on site again, said they were laying and call to cancel my order. Well, I really wanted the restrictor so I told him when and if it comes in, I'll ship it back. Vendor 2 went to the trailer to get one and guess what, he had none! Really, I went through all that for nothing? After the event and I got home, what was waiting for me? My new wind restrictor from my first order. I will only order from that first vendor. The second vendor blew it. I felt bullied after, like it was all about the money and sale. I'm not mentioning names because a lot of people here love the second vendor. The first vendor is Slingmods. I love them. Sorry for not trusting what you said, Won't happen again. At this point, I won't even look at the other place!

• @slingmods is awesome quick communication replies and service. Got some Baker Air Wings for the windshield they look and work great!! easy install clamps to the windshield, highly recommend both Slingmods and these Air Wings to anyone. No more roasting in the cockpit with this things.

• Last year at an event, I had a vendor really piss me off. I ordered a wind restrictor from one place, prior to the event. While at the event, a vendor said they had them there and could install it for me. I told them I already ordered one, but thanks for the offer. They told me my order would not go through for a least 2 months because he had cornered the market and had all of them being made. Plus he said the vendor where I ordered it, was laying to me. Well I fell to the pressure and tried to cancel my order on the spot. When I called, they said it was shipped and could not cancel. The vendor on site again, said they were laying and call to cancel my order. Well, I really wanted the restrictor so I told him when and if it comes in, I'll ship it back. Vendor 2 went to the trailer to get one and guess what, he had none! Really, I went through all that for nothing? After the event and I got home, what was waiting for me? My new wind restrictor from my first order. I will only order from that first vendor. The second vendor blew it. I felt bullied after, like it was all about the money and sale. I'm not mentioning names because a lot of people here love the second vendor. The first vendor is Slingmods. I love them. Sorry for not trusting what you said, Won't happen again. At this point, I won't even look at the other place!

I have seen the same attitude. @slingmods gets most of my money.

• I can't tell @SilverCarbon what to do. But if you felt the need to bring the problem to the forum I would think you could post the vendors name... I think you would get thier attention and maybe save some of us from the same fate. You apparently have an issue that made you upset. So why would you want a fellow member to go thru the same issues.