Disapointing experince with vendors

• This thread is running the risk of going way off line.

It is perhaps more pertinent that if someone needs to post complaining about a company then they should perhaps name names, rather than implying things.

This has now caused a misunderstanding between a supplier that has given the most excellent service to myself and has no way let me down. However they appear to have felt that my comments (intended to be constructive) were aimed at them, when it was not the case.

Perhaps if this thread is to continue people should talk plainly, not insinuate things.

A lot of mud is getting thrown arround and it appears to be sticking to the wrong people. This does not help either the good or the bad vendors.

All the best, from UK_Paul

• You're right..I went back and read your initial post and it was just a suggestion of sorts to vendors on how to do business, not really even a rant. I got lost in all the follow up posts and took a different meaning away from it. Sorry I posted what I did which is logical advice to follow but not really applicable in this case.. I deleted my post

• The ones that suck know they suck and just keep giving the excuses.. Get some more damn help if you have too much business to handle. When it comes back on the customer it comes back on the business!

• I do not think that was being an ass. I am giving these vendors a chance to follow up. It was more a RANT. Check out the reply I just posted above. It might give you some more insight to the situation and update. The problem is far from being resolved.

I am taking my time to put them on blast as that was not the intention of this post. However, I am doing my part to follow up with questions the replies may have.

However, if anyone else has issues with vendors as I do and if they choose to put the vendors on blast on here in reply to this post. By all means they should if they feel they want to.

I wish you the best of luck. Hahn's customer service is terrible. The only time he responded in less than 2 weeks was when I was installing my turbo kit. After that it was after many calls and emails. I basically bought a turbo kit (over 5k) and have no warranty. My set up is still not perfect but it runs well thanks to many hours from @Dave@DDMWorks and some help from @Noel Hughes, and a new set of injectors I had to pay for.

• WHO IS THE BAD VENDOR!!???
    Oh my god this is like a horrible episode of Melrose Place . Either name them or don't.
    Alpha Defense is a bad vendor. Do not buy from them.
    That was easy. I just named a bad vendor to a whole Slingshot community. Do not buy from them. Their quality us crap.
    My God. Either ban me or call this thread out for the attention seeking it is trying to do.

• ^^^ For the benefit of new SS owners, @tigershark is referring to a hoorag vendor & is NOT to be confused with Alpha Powersports, who is an OUTSTANDING vendor...

Some would like to disagree with that. After 3 bad experiences you cut your losses and move on. Alpha Powersports will never be in my favor again.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• Some would like to disagree with that. After 3 bad experiences you cut your losses and move on. Alpha Powersports will never be in my favor again.

Yeah, some people have had issues with probably just about every vendor. None of them are "perfect". Slingmods is arguably the best vendor we have. I know I've had issues with Slingshot Only - however, I still use them if they're the only vendor carrying a particular product. If Slingmods & SSO both carry a product I want, I will order it from Slingmods every time.

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Yeah, some people have had issues with probably just about every vendor. None of them are "perfect". Slingmods is arguably the best vendor we have. I know I've had issues with Slingshot Only - however, I still use them if they're the only vendor carrying a particular product. If Slingmods & SSO both carry a product I want, I will order it from Slingmods every time.

You are 100% correct. I've had small issues with Slingmods and Slingshotonly. However, they were quickly resolved with amazing customer service. Each time I had an issue with Alpha I was met with an argument. After the third time it was noticed to be a pattern. Not all things were bad with Alpha and Henry is a good guy. But, they have lost my business.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• @WraithSS sucks to hear you had a few bad experiences with alpha. I've yet to have any issues with them. or any of the other major vendors. but i usually just shoot henry a text when i have a question, and he always responds with out fail. i usually use slingmods for everything easier to deal with guys just selling parts, i don't like to bother the guys creating all these mods figured they are to busy.i only go direct when it is a bigger order,like turbo and motor and a couple bigger items where i don't care for a middle man to relay the messages back and forth. and only issues i ever had with SS0 honestly was just quality i feel like you see one thing online and get something a little bit less quality in person but maybe thats just me . but still good service

• Hey Guys, Keith here with SlingMods.. I've been reading this thread and felt it necessary to chime in to just to reiterate our mission here at SlingMods!

Who is Slingmods and what do we stand for?

Automotive Enthusiasts
    We were long time followers of the Campagna T-Rex and anxiously awaited that machine to enter into U.S. distribution. We even tried becoming a U.S. distributor for that machine at one point in time. When Polaris stepped up to the plate, we were absolutely blown away that this 3 wheel machine was actually hitting the streets. I anxiously hit up Bert's Mega Mall in Covina Ca. the moment I saw the first article, to put down my deposit and secure my place in line. We were later recognized by the forum as being the 1st registered owner of the Slingshot in the U.S.! We didn't waste any time with this opportunity and immediately began to pursue manufacturers to help us make and design products for the Slingshot.

Wanted to Pursue our Passion
    We started the SlingMods website in Aug, 2014, a few months before I took ownership of my 1st Sling.

We started SlingMods because Josh (my business partner) and I were tired of our day job Selling Ink & Toner Cartridges on the internet. We'd been selling ink & toner since 2002 and it seemed to be a continual race to the bottom as manufacturers shifted away from supporting U.S. companies and began "knocking off" Ink & Toner cartridges overseas. We fought hard to try and keep our suppliers making product in the U.S... some listened, most did not.

Treating the Customer as we like to be Treated!
    Customer Service is the backbone of our business. I'm still blown away when I enter a Restaurant or Retail Store and the clerk behind the desk treats me as though I owe them something. "It blows my mind". The equation is simple. Happy Customers = Prosperous Business. This is taught and re-taught to our employees at every meeting and inherently becomes part of their DNA.

We well understand this and strive to provide some of the best service you've EVER received.

Why do we understand this? Other than the fact, than it's how I was raised. We understand this because we've been selling online since 2002 and have received tens of thousands of online reviews. This was our Master's Degree in Business! The customers are actually the teachers for business. Some businesses neglect to realize that and inevitably fail. We embrace the customer feedback and thank them for their advice!

Consolidating all Vendors Under One Roof

We actively pursue relationships with manufacturers, to try and get them to express interest in this wonderful machine. It's often quite a daunting task to get their attention and I sometimes have to "beg" to get them to make products for our customers. We understand the frustration of dealing with MFG's direct. We have inherited that responsibility on your behalf as part of our business model and I think it's partly what makes Slingmods great! We deal with the stress of getting your tracking, handling returns, revising designs, getting questions answered, etc for over 60 vendors, so "you don't have to". Think of us your personal "concierge".

I can't express in words our enormous gratitude to the Slingshot community for your continual support over the years. I felt I needed to explain to you guys where we come from and what we stand for in case you don't already know us!

We're just a couple guys from So Cal.. , following our Passion!

Our Collection:
    Rykers: 2019 Ryker 600 | 2019 Ryker 900 Rally
    Spyders: 2017 F3-S | 2018 RT Limited | 2019 F3 Limited
    Slingshots: 2015 Base | 2015 SL | 2016.5 SLE | 2018 SLR

forum-footer-image-2.gif

• @WraithSS if you don't mind me asking what issues did you have with them?

The first two items were faulty exhaust systems. The one I currently have seems to finally be "ok". The fitment is way off though. That will be coming off once a specific exhaust I'm anxiously awaiting hits the market. The third item that flat out infuriated me was a powder coated valve cover that looked like someone did it in their backyard. There was junk in the coating and they did not mask off anything or plug any threaded areas. The order was for white PC , but got almond. They tried to say it was white pearl which was laughable at best.
    People talk about Slingshotonly giving out some lesser quality items. But, that's all I received from Alpha. Which is why the only Alpha item left is the exhaust. All else was pulled and sold. Would have been the first purchaser of their supercharger, but after all the problems I switched to DDMWORKS and have been grinning ever since.

• I will chime in here. I have lots of Alpha in and on my Sling with absolutely no problems and as for Slingmods I guarantee you I was one of there first customers...both of these vendors have proven to have excellent product and customer service for me and lots of my Sling friends! I will continue to patronize both the company's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• @WraithSS ya that definitely does suck to hear wondering if it was their adjustable exhaust ?I know they had a few issues with those but I chose to stay away from it since it relied on a remote and has a valve hat opens and closes and obviously with More moving parts comes the possibility of something going wrong. Really sucks to hear about the experience you had with alpha though because they have always found a way to make things right with me and a lot of others.

• You can't go wrong with the odds @Dave@DDMWorks and Jeff@DDMWorks. Too notch and always go above and beyond. They reworked some things on my Sling for free just because they had a much better way of doing it. Those things added some reliability to the engine and made it perform better. They go out of their way to do things right and take care of the customer.

• Thank you Keith and Josh, I support you and SlingMods