Disapointing experince with vendors

• I can't tell @SilverCarbon what to do. But if you felt the need to bring the problem to the forum I would think you could post the vendors name... I think you would get thier attention and maybe save some of us from the same fate. You apparently have an issue that made you upset. So why would you want a fellow member to go thru the same issues.

I more wanted to vent. But you and several others are right I should mention vendors name. At this time I am keeping quiet on who they are. I want to see how it pans out as I reached out to them all again when I originally posted this same post somewhere else.

I am a business owner myself and know what it is like to go though huge growth and what it takes to adjust to keep up with it. Which is why I even gave the vendors so many chances. I think a normal person would have moved on the first time and found it somewhere else.

I will keep everyone updated.

Slingshot LIFE!!! #SlingshotHouston Find us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Youtube

• I can't tell @SilverCarbon what to do. But if you felt the need to bring the problem to the forum I would think you could post the vendors name... I think you would get thier attention and maybe save some of us from the same fate. You apparently have an issue that made you upset. So why would you want a fellow member to go thru the same issues.

Im with @rabtech on this one but will only add my experience as it comes to the aftermarket accessories world (Jeep side). Also soon I want be able to chime in on these types of discussions for good reasons.
    Contact the vendor first and try to work it out there. If not to your satisfaction than further action is reasonable. Just make sure you state all the facts from both sides accurately.
    I would even suggest letting them know your plans and email them a draft of your response before hitting the send key. Sometimes this can help both sides see each other's position and a solution found before further actions are required. Hope to never be in such a position but you never know what can transpire or what the causes of the issue are from 10,000 feet.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Im with @rabtech on this one but will only add my experience as it comes to the aftermarket accessories world (Jeep side). Also soon I want be able to chime in on these types of discussions for good reasons.Contact the vendor first and try to work it out there. If not to your satisfaction than further action is reasonable. Just make sure you state all the facts from both sides accurately.
    I would even suggest letting them know your plans and email them a draft of your response before hitting the send key. Sometimes this can help both sides see each other's position and a solution found before further actions are required. Hope to never be in such a position but you never know what can transpire or what the causes of the issue are from 10,000 feet.

I really like the idea of sending a draft to the person before publicly posting. I never thought of that. Good one! I just may use it. Or....may not use it depending on circumstances.

Slingshot LIFE!!! #SlingshotHouston Find us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Youtube

• I have had nothing but good experiences with All Sling vendors. Had a few issues, imperfections issues I wasn't happy about, but end result is always great and easy. Sling vendors in my eyes are top notch..

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

• Just curious - Is Keith still running the show @slingmods? I haven't seen his name mentioned lately.

Keith is our President and CEO! I (Will / William) have just taken over forums so he can focus more on running the show and getting more amazing products on the website!

Our Collection:
    Rykers: 2019 Ryker 600 | 2019 Ryker 900 Rally
    Spyders: 2017 F3-S | 2018 RT Limited | 2019 F3 Limited
    Slingshots: 2015 Base | 2015 SL | 2016.5 SLE | 2018 SLR

forum-footer-image-2.gif

I would double and triple like this if I could. Why start a thread about a bad vendor then leave everyone hanging? Could be several members about to purchase from the same place.

• Last year at an event, I had a vendor really piss me off. I ordered a wind restrictor from one place, prior to the event. While at the event, a vendor said they had them there and could install it for me. I told them I already ordered one, but thanks for the offer. They told me my order would not go through for a least 2 months because he had cornered the market and had all of them being made. Plus he said the vendor where I ordered it, was laying to me. Well I fell to the pressure and tried to cancel my order on the spot. When I called, they said it was shipped and could not cancel. The vendor on site again, said they were laying and call to cancel my order. Well, I really wanted the restrictor so I told him when and if it comes in, I'll ship it back. Vendor 2 went to the trailer to get one and guess what, he had none! Really, I went through all that for nothing? After the event and I got home, what was waiting for me? My new wind restrictor from my first order. I will only order from that first vendor. The second vendor blew it. I felt bullied after, like it was all about the money and sale. I'm not mentioning names because a lot of people here love the second vendor. The first vendor is Slingmods. I love them. Sorry for not trusting what you said, Won't happen again. At this point, I won't even look at the other place!

Shatneyman, I went through Slingmods, go figure and the pictures I sent were sent back with a etched picture in a week. Followed with my Wind Restrictor at my door the next week.

• How long is too long to wait for equipment/products ordered to be delivered, past advertised lead time?
    How long is too long to wait for communication to be acknowledged, via phone, text and email?
    Have had some contact, though VERY minimal in the past 60 days, though my turbo order was last July 24,2016, to the tune of $6,827.50, which to date still do not have complete setup in hand!
    In September, decided to buy motor and a few accessories @ $6,050.00
    In November decided to go ahead a do another add on, to do everything at once and have a complete project @ another $2,770.00.
    So at about $15-16,000.00 paid in full, have had nothing but empty promises of communication and failed shipping dates, now can't even get a reply to emails, can't seem to get a phone call answered and last I tried voice mail was full so couldn't even leave voice mail.
    Bill Hahn and Hahn Racecraft, I do still respect you and have full faith in your knowledge of these motors, though not so much in your promises of communication and ability to supply promised products.
    Hopefully I will receive some sort of response before I decide to give up and to return to my original thoughts of ordering else where, and then began the quest of trying to re coop dollars already spent.