FIXED THE FLAPPY FENDERS!

• just read this thread and is it correct that those vents from "zero db" are the same as the ones from @gpcustoms?

I love the look and the fact that they are functional as wel!

And where can you buy the matching center ones?

Yes Sir they are.
    Craig at Zerodecibel helped me raise a rather large sum for St.Judes
    Super good guy with talent to spare. :00007510:
    You may wish to hold just a little bit for the hood vent,...There may be a new version of the flat available soon that fits much better than the hump vents being used. :00000156:

• just read this thread and is it correct that those vents from "zero db" are the same as the ones from @gpcustoms?

I love the look and the fact that they are functional as wel!

And where can you buy the matching center ones?

This is the center vent make sure you tell him that you need only one the price listed is for 2
    Engine Cover (Hump) Vents | zero decibel motorsports

to mount it what i did was cut the center of the OEM plastic one and then mount the louvre on top.

Mine is painted with a rattle can(sorry painter gods i have sinned)VHT Wrinkle paint to give it a somewhat OEM fit look.

Once you set your mind to it and have all the components the whole thing took 30 mins to do.

By far the cheapest and most functional mod i have done.

• Heh @2SierraRomeo and @Flybuddy I just decided to read through this thread in its entirety . I had the pleasure of meeting @kenny_h at Daytona Bike week and he showed me the new vents he had installed and I hope I relayed to him, right on brother you nailed it, I couldnt think of a better way to relieve that high air pressure area below created at high speeds ,and I COULD TELL, KENNY WAS THE KIND OF GUY WHO LIKED HIGH SPEED, LOL So I finally took the time today to read his thread. Well flybudy as a fellow flyer, I can tell you, I too almost spit my milk and cookies when i read post 108 and first saw those Naca ducts placed backwards and totally used in the wrong application !
    First thing I Thought was hell, he has to get that sling up to100 mph in reverse to change any air pressures and he's just going to increase the air pressure under that hood not relieve it ! Then i thought no, hes a pilot here too ,hes up to something here, better read on a little further and see if i can figure it out LoL. Now after reading further into post 120 where he says,they,ll work when I,m done
    Now I see where he's going , I think. The use of the Naca duct above is just to make aesthetically pleasing, the soon to be air outlet , that the air inlet of the Naca will become, when he adds some sort of ram air plenum underneath the hood funneling that high pressure air buildup area out through the backwards naca duct.
    Yes that will be a great idea, my apologies for momentarily second guessing you @2SierraRomeo
    But please tell me, the way that cowls oriented in its post I cannot figure out for the life of me , what kind of aircraft your building ?

Sent from my SM-G903W using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• Yes, with the Naca ports, just needed a hole to direct air through, which looks carbon-fiber attractive up top. When I get around to it, I'll fiberglass in an aluminum scoop to catch even more air.

I built my Searey several years ago, but just improving the airflow in the cowling, which worked like a charm to keep the Honda engine happy.

• This forum is going to make me spend more money than I had planned on the SS.

I hate the fender flap and never liked the buttons. Message sent for a set of the fender vents and will stand by for hood vent to match. My vented hood center is functional, but once I install fender vents, I'd prefer to match the center hood vent.

Great job @kenny_h and @gpcustoms

Edit: heard back from Zero DB this am and placed my order. Looking forward to cutting holes in my fenders!

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

Edited once, last by 2W2X1: Moar deets. ().

• I can go awhile without any problems from the latches and will then experience problems with one or more latches not holding properly. You'd think with the hood opening forward that if the latches came undone the hood wouldn't rise up, but I had that happen at night at 60 mph. Fortunately, the road was curving left and I could see around the hood enough to slow down and safely pull over. Quite the pucker factor! Sometimes I seem to have to stop and re-secure different latches several times during the same trip. I always check my latches before each ride. Most of the time I don't have to worry about it, but other times...

Edited 2 times, last by BKL ().

• IO can go awhile without any problems from the latches and will then experience problems with one or more latches not holding properly. You'd think with the hood opening forward that if the latches came undone the hood would rise up, but I had that happen at night at 60 mph. Fortunately, the road was curving left and I could see around the hood enough to slow down and safely pull over. Quite the pucker factor! Sometimes I seem to have to stop and re-secure different latches several times during the same trip. I always check my latches before each ride. Most of the time I don't have to worry about it, but other times...

I assume you are referencing the factory latches?

• Wow, never had the hood lift while on the road.

@mniron installed the buttons at MV and they work great.

I do think the hood expands with heat as it requires a little more finess to close when it's hot out our the motor is hot.

But once closed properly and the buttons clicked in, it's tight and secure.

• Ok @kenny_h and @Trooper Any pointers on bending the vents into place so they are all the same angle?

Was surprised when they arrived and were flat. Ready to bend and then paint in prep for install.

Still deciding on what I want to use for a gasket.

"Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• For a gasket I used tool box drawer liner. Comes in mutiple colors. As far as bending the tabs...just put the edge that you want to bend against a table edge and bend it up. You will need to "twist" the vent a little to get it to follow the bend of the hood. I also drilled 2 more sets of holes in each vent to help hold them on better.

• @kenny_h I like that idea for gasket material and will seek some out in black.

Still not 100% sure on how to bend these, but will give it a shot. I didn't even consider having to shape the overall vent to match the contour of the fender. I'll be sure to take a peek. I had planned to measure and mark out the cuts before bending the fins, but now think that is the wrong approach.

I should set the fins, then shape the vent to match the contour and then measure for cuts.

I like the idea of adding additional mounting points to help keep these secured and will mirror that. what type of bolts/screws did you use? They looks awfully flat. Was considering riveting them on myself with a backer to spread the load.