NASCAR Spectators

• It’s been fun to watch the race tonight. The finish at the Xfinity last night was pretty awesome. Half the cars wrecked early on and another wreck just now with 3 laps to go as I type this. Not sure how many cars are left to finish

• It’s been fun to watch the race tonight. The finish at the Xfinity last night was pretty awesome. Half the cars wrecked early on and another wreck just now with 3 laps to go as I type this. Not sure how many cars are left to finish

I don't care who wins I just like watching them crash. Fun, fun.

• I couldn't care less if they ever run another race. While I'm sure there a lot of good hard working people that depend on that industry for a living the fact that the drivers like the Hollywood actors have decided they are all knowing and should tell us who we should vote for have permanently killed my desire to watch muchless go to another race.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• The sanctioning body formally know to me as nascar is dead to me as well. Got tired of chasing them all over the damn tube. To many different sponsors as well, can't keep up, is it infinity this week and something else next week. I liked winston cup racing. Brian France is killing the golden goose, beady eyed little shit is selling himself and the sport like a two dollar hooker all over the place. Give me a break, mandated air wrenches now, what's is next leased from nascar haulers. Pure crap now.

LC

• Just an FYI

F1 racing is now on ESPN2. They race just about every other weekend. This week was at Silverstone. The dude at pole went from 1st to last in less than 8 seconds.

@penrose F1 is ok but it too has issues. As you noted the fastest car and a good driver can move up fast through the field but otherwise can get rather dull. The biggest complaint I have with F1 are the tracks themselves. They have tried to make everything so safe that the tracks have HUGE runoffs at all corners and along the straights. To me racing is also knowing what you can and can't do. These tracks allow huge cut though and slide bys if something goes wrong or an bad decision is made on the driver. No consequences to their actions if you will. They are also loaded down with BOPs and regulations as well.

Now I watch the IMSA Weather tech series and recommend it to anyone looking for some of the best racing around. They can be found on FS1-3.
    (1) LMP2 / DPI prototypes
    (2) LMPGT - production based
    (3) GT Daytona - basically US version of GT3 racing.

All three classes run at the same time and is just a blast to watch.

Now Nascar did buy the series about 3 years ago but has really been a good thing so far (fingers crossed). Attendance is rising fast and in 2020 a new class of cars will be added. These are Hypercars from various manufacturers. They are trying to get away from Spec type cars in the LMP2 class. The only things that are a pain are the BOP they throw around during the season.

In October Tina and I attend the Petit LeMans at Road Atlanta and we are there for the entire week. Saturday is the 10hr race and anyone in town is welcome to join us for some of the best racing you will see these days. Attendance will be well over 120k and we have an RV camp spot along the back straight away. Cars fly by about 20' away. Bring ear plugs.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• You want to see how bad it is !!!! Turn the TV to the Bristol race right now. It looks like maybe 1/4 of the stands if that. That is the worst I have seen at any race. I just turned the TV on to the race. I have not watched in about 4 years now at least. Since the Rebel Flag issue anyway.

• Most common folk lost interest when the drivers started thinking they should tell us who to vote for. We haven't watched a race in a long long time.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• I turn to it just to see how many people are in the stands. NASCAR has got to be in trouble "BIG TIME"

I hate it for all the hard working people and their families that keep nascar going and all the supporting business that it brings but nascar done it to themselves.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• I used to be a Bristol season ticket holder and it was one of the hardest tickets to get in sports. I gave mine up several years ago as it is just not the same when going to a race. The cost for the common race fan has skyrocketed for camping permits etc. ( used to be $60 for a camper, now upwards of $200 per person) I can not tell you when the last time I have watched a race. NASCAR better do something quick or they wont be around much longer. They need to go back to the basics and get the average Joe back in the stands

• The first problem was when they wanted to go to a nation wide market. The second was when they went to all of the night races. Then there were 4 or 5 more things that they did wrong, I made a list of all of it while it was happening that I have somewhere and told Brenda that this was the beginning of the end of NASCAR. Then the straw that broke the camels back the Rebel Flag, all they had to do was keep their mouth shut. But to the people that had carried them since NASCAR was started in 1947, the South East. "THAT WAS THE LAST STRAW"

• Well it looks like NASCAR is going to find out what it looks like with no spectators. For those that have not followed NASCAR, a few years back NASCAR removed around 1/3 of the seating at most of their tracks. Daytona is the only number that I remember and something 89,000 seats were taken down and all the new seating plus more have been taken down in Charlotte. Even today they are lucky to fill half to 3/4 of their seating at any of the races and sell out's are rare. GOOD LUCK NASCAR. I have been a race fan since around 1955 and I rarely watch NASCAR anymore since the flag issue. The Straw That Broke The Camels Back for a lot of the spectators.

• Yup pretty much done with them. Was a die hard fan until they started screwing with the rules. Cut the 43 cars field back because they could not fill it, leasing tires to teams, mandating rear gears, issuing shocks, issuing ignitions and so much more. Had to level the playing field for under financed teams. Then they wanted to be like other sports by having the play off crap. The France family has made millions, maybe billions, off they backs of the people in the sport and who watched the sport, no more. They killed their golden goose. Goodbye NASCAR.

LC

• The thing I find interesting is not the lack of spectators - with all of the noise from the cars and the concentration required I seriously doudt the drivers even really notice the crowd - - - what I think is really going to make a difference is the complete lack of practice rounds and qualifying - - - absolutely no track time to test car settings and tire choices before the actual race could make for some interesting happenings and also for pitstops and tire changes that otherwise have been avoided

I also dont understand why they felt skipping practice laps and qualifying was needed - I just dont see how it would have increased virus risks to let the drivers have this pre-race time on the track.

anyway, I hope I am wrong, but it just seems to me that putting cold drivers out on the track for the first time in months in untested cars that have not been fine tuned for the days track conditions is asking for trouble

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies