Slingshot's future

• After This Slingshot I will probably not get another. Ticks me off Polaris is pumping out 2-3 models a year and changing every time. I get it, keeping up with what people want, but when a SS is "Out dated" a year later, Not good for owner. Plus trade in will probably deplete like crazy. MHO

While Polaris does make model changes several times per year, every Slingshot produced to date still has varied only in the cosmetic aspects and still has the exact same motor, transmission, drivetrain and steering we all enjoy/suffer with, so I don't really see anything other than how old, how many l miles it has and how well it's been maintained affecting Slingshot value.

You can get a kit or a complete version. Kits are about $25K and complete is about $35-$40K. The company is about 100 miles from where I live. They contacted me last year and had a rolling chassis complete, with everything, minus motor for $22K. I was all set to buy one a couple years ago, before the SS was released. I went with the SS and having a ball!

While I don't mind the looks of the T-Rex and its clones, none of them offer the level of engineering safety (aka nanny controls) at anywhere near the Slingshot's prices.

• Owner of dealership I just picked up Sling said he just got back from CA Slingshot meeting. Navy Blue is a fact and a custom model w/ top, seats, tires, But the Turbo he said is FALSE INFO....

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

Edited once, last by BONES ().

• After This Slingshot I will probably not get another. Ticks me off Polaris is pumping out 2-3 models a year and changing every time. I get it, keeping up with what people want, but when a SS is "Out dated" a year later, Not good for owner. Plus trade in will probably deplete like crazy. MHO

While Polaris does make model changes several times per year, every Slingshot produced to date still has varied only in the cosmetic aspects and still has the exact same motor, transmission, drivetrain and steering we all enjoy/suffer with, so I don't really see anything other than how old, how many l miles it has and how well it's been maintained affecting Slingshot value.

You can get a kit or a complete version. Kits are about $25K and complete is about $35-$40K. The company is about 100 miles from where I live. They contacted me last year and had a rolling chassis complete, with everything, minus motor for $22K. I was all set to buy one a couple years ago, before the SS was released. I went with the SS and having a ball!

While I don't mind the looks of the T-Rex and its clones, none of them offer the level of engineering safety (aka nanny controls) at anywhere near the Slingshot's prices.

Owner of dealer I just picked up Sling said he just got back from CA Slingshot meeting. Navy Blue is a fact and a custom model w/ top, seats, tires, But the Turbo he said is FALSE INFO....

While the 2015 survey did ask about offering a turbo'd Slingshot, Polaris would need to lose a significant amount of weight from the Slingshot to meet their weight target. I'd still like to know the exact circumstances behind their weight limit as I've not been able to locate any US or State weight limit for a motorcycle.

• Polaris has reduced the weight of the Slingshot the past couple years, but I believe the current weight reductions are to allow for the new roof and probably wouldn't allow the roof AND a turbo.

I can license them a top that would allow both... :D

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup: