Looking for brighter headlights not satisfied with my Tric LEDs in there now??

• I bought slingmods tric LEDs for my slingshot and I just don't think they're that bright. The brights don't even hardly work it has this funky pattern when it shines can't even tell Bright's are on? I'm looking for advice to get something brighter and what company did you order them from if we're talking HID's or LEDs because when you look online there are so many companies out there selling these things of all different upgrades and ballast . I tried using the search function but when you type in headlights it pops up a bunch other junk. I definitely want something that's bright and is not going to burn my wiring up. So what do you guys got. I think the tric LED lumens are right around 3000 or 3300 I definitely want something more than this and that shines out farther than the stock or Current led. I just don't feel like I can see driving the slingshot sometimes because the lights don't shine out very far and the stock lights did the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I have one also and it is bright!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Morimoto in my opinion has the best HiD kits on the market. I've been using them in 5 different vehicles for years and I've never had a problem. I was told by them that the 55w is not worth the heat risk and I could be wrong but I think I remember reading somewhere that most OEM HID applications are 35w equivalent.

I put 35w HID morimoto kit in the slingshot but I also put in a set of FX-R projectors that use D2S bulbs. I also had them etch the SS logo in the lens. The light output is amazing, it's not just about what style bulbs you use but the projectors play a big part in light output. Projectors that are design for halogen bulb don't always perform well with HId bulbs and vice versa. The important thing is having a good quality wire harness to pull power directly from the battery and not through the factory wire harness. I've never seen a better quality wire harness than the ones provided buy morimoto. They offer a harness that is capable of running 4 HID bulbs.

Here's are some pics

• morimoto switch backs...on for about 1yr, lights the night...and turns are like nobody's business..

Looks good, I've been running those for almost 2 years now and haven't had any issues either. I just bought version 3.0. I just didn't getting around to making the switch. Version 3.0 has a nice fade on feature when it switches back to white from amber.

• My Sling is a 2015 and was purchased used and it already had HIDs (4, in stock locations)... A bulb hasn't burned yet! So... About 2 years and all good. Not sure the brand, but I can take a picture if needed... I agree with LEDs not shooting or projecting well, but I'm sure it depends on the bulb and the housing.

I put LEDs in my fog lights on my Lincoln MKS... Looks great at night and in the day (the housing), but no actual light output... Stock halogens lit better...

• I bought slingmods tric LEDs for my slingshot and I just don't think they're that bright. The brights don't even hardly work it has this funky pattern when it shines can't even tell Bright's are on? I'm looking for advice to get something brighter and what company did you order them from if we're talking HID's or LEDs because when you look online there are so many companies out there selling these things of all different upgrades and ballast . I tried using the search function but when you type in headlights it pops up a bunch other junk. I definitely want something that's bright and is not going to burn my wiring up. So what do you guys got. I think the tric LED lumens are right around 3000 or 3300 I definitely want something more than this and that shines out farther than the stock or Current led. I just don't feel like I can see driving the slingshot sometimes because the lights don't shine out very far and the stock lights did the same thing.

Hello Super, my apologies for any inconvenience... the tricled LED conversion should be brighter than the stock halogen bulbs. We normally get rave reviews on this product and it has a solid 59 Reviews at 5 Stars. Please give us a ring so we can make sure you're taken care of and that you do not have a defective item.

Here is our video comparison:

Thanks!

Our Collection:
    Rykers: 2019 Ryker 600 | 2019 Ryker 900 Rally
    Spyders: 2017 F3-S | 2018 RT Limited | 2019 F3 Limited
    Slingshots: 2015 Base | 2015 SL | 2016.5 SLE | 2018 SLR

forum-footer-image-2.gif

• William!,
    I'll reach out on your website as well. I want to make sure I have the right version of LED's since I've had them sitting in the box since last year.

• Cool for $300 I think they worth the gamble with free shipping. Do I need to order any of the extras when I buy them

I believe they have a single wire harness so you only need to run one power wire. Give them a call and see if it will work for your application and they can build you a kit around this harness. The power and ground wire will not reach back to the battery so you need to extend this wires.

Quad Bi-Xenon Wiring Kit - Headlight Wire Harnesses from The Retrofit Source

• LEDs do not throw as far as HIDs do. They might look bright when your looking at them but HIDs put more down the road for distance. LEDS are more like a flood light but still are not as bright. For the best output a retrofit like Ice9812 would be the best option..

I was disappointed in the LEDs from Cycle Springs. I had them install the center and one of the lights on the side, the other one already had a LED bulb (Canadian conversion). Anyways my $20 LEDs from Aliexpress that I already had in were brighter. I'm going to end up putting a 55 watt HID kit in the center and leave the side bulbs alone,

• I thought these kits were plug-and-play you just plug it into your wire harness and put the ballast somewhere and you're ready to go I didn't realize you had to run power wires back to the battery?? All the videos I've watched they just plug directly into the stock harness