Steering wheel play AFTER the recall

• Took mine back in Thursday. Check engine light and traction control light started coming on in hard turns. =O Had to shut off and restart 3 times. They reflashed everything and it seemed ok Friday. Today my wife and I made a run to Eureka Springs. Same issue after hitting some hard turns except it seemed like the fuel would cut off. Finally figured out when I went into hard right turns electronics would shut off and then come back on after a second. Speedo would drop to zero then everything would come back on. ?(?(?( Reset system 4 times and everything seemed ok. My wife was driving and went into a hard right turn and electronics shut off again for a second. Only on right turns. Kept doing it the rest of the way until we got to easy turns and straights. Going back to dealer Tuesday!!! X(X(X( Can't tomorrow because it will be raining.

Check the two wires down by the steering knuckle to ensure they are not catching on the bolt. Polaris started re routing them . I had the same issue in 2014. Turn wheel engine would die. Drive slow with easy turns no problems.

• Has anyone been turned down by a dealer saying the play is normal and nothing to worry about it?

Today I stopped by the dealer to see if they could look at my steering since it has like an inch of play which feels rather unnerving when doing 80 on the interstate.

The tech that came out and looked at the sling say that it was normal and that it was nothing to worry about, I said that it was not and when and checked the 2 brand new slings that they had on display and they were nice and tight.

He then popped the hood and looked at the steering components and determined at a glance that everything was fine or so he tells the service rep and they are about to send me on my way, I mentioned that i read on the forums that this had happened to other slingers after the recalls were performed at which point they looked very annoyed and grunted that I was the first person to ever complain about that play.

Needless to say that dealer has lost my business.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Took it to my arch-nemesis(tousley) today and they quickly diagnosed the problem, matter of fact they had 2 of them getting the same treatment in the bay, my service rep even knew the part number from memory.

Steering Rack needs to be replaced, they ordered it and will call me back once they have it in.

Truly surprised about the friendliness and how quickly they were able to get me in and get me diagnosed, I have had nothing but bad experiences in the past with my snowmobiles.

Another thing that made me happy is the fact that they have a metric frack ton of slings that they are fixing up(at least 12 on their lot waiting for parts and 4 were in the bays being worked on) so at least I know that their techs are current(I hope) on Sling lingo.

How does the saying go "Don't spit in the air because it will hit you in the face" the last dealer I wanted to work with is the one that gave me no hassle and knew how to solve my problem(allegedly).

Will report back once they have it done.

• My purchasing dealer wouldn't even acknowledge it was a problem so I stopped by tousley as a hail mary type of thing with no expectation that they would do anything, I thought that I would have to make the trek to altoona to see sport rider.

I explained the issue to the service rep and he went out and checked it, they drove it in the bay(once one opened up) to confirm that it was the steering rack, he explained in detail but I was just so happy that I was not given the " it is within specs BS" so I didn't pay much attention to the finer details, all that mattered to me was "covered under warranty".

The service rep said they have done a bunch of them and that two of the 4 sling in the bay were having that done right now.
    He even knew the part number from memory, that tells you how many times he has had to order it.

So I assume if you dealer contacts polaris and explains your issue , that you have play in the steering(mine was like 1" ), they should say oh yeah XXX part needs to be replaced, once I get mine replaced and have the paperwork I will post a copy.

• After I had the recall done I noticed the same play in my steering so I called the dealer and he said it was normal after reading this I believe I'll take it back in and have it checked ....i'll let you know what they say

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• It's NOT normal. The tech and I have gone back to the showroom and checked new slings that had the recall and some end up with the play and some don't. My steering was rock solid before the recall. I now have 1/2 to 1" of play.

• So today I stopped by my new dealer to check the status of my steering rack, when i found my service rep and one of the techs messing with another that also had steering play issues.

It turns out that whoever did my recalls and the recalls on the other slingshot(both slingshots recalls were performed at a different dealer), left a bolt loose and that was what was causing the steering play.

The bolt is located under the steering column and can be accessed without removing anything, so @jorgebri60 get int here with a light and look at everything and see if there is anything you can tighten.