SLINGSHOTS IN THE ROCKIES,July12-16

• Well we finally got home earlier this afternoon, as you can see that's a lot of klicks in one trip.
    3387 miles for y'all down south. It was a awesome trip with today providing the worst weather, very high winds and rain on the last leg.
    It was such a great adventure, and enough memories to last a life time. Once again thank you all for a fabulous time, I can't say thanks enough to the awesome vendors and all of the extra special people we met. You all made this a memorable trip for Jane and me. If any of you are ever in the Edmonton Alberta area for what ever reason you have a open invitation to stop by (even have a place to stay if you need). I do a mean BBQ.
    Thanks once again.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• It was great to meet and hang with you Rex!

• I don't have the sheets.I presume Henry Chan or Jeff Welter do.What I can tell you is the Turbos were quicker by a few seconds on the Hill Climb which goes to show a turbo or Supercharger counts in this environment.However on the Autocross they did not count.A normal engine won that.

while the turbo did count for the Hillclimb, the times were closer than i expected.

If memory serves, there was only 5 sec between the winning N/A and the winning Turbo

• Quickest time boosted 1:52.81
    Quickest time N/A 1:57.63
    Quickest time N/A (4 wheels) 1:56.75
    Quickest time squad car 1:58.90

Thanks, I expected there to be at least a 20% or more time difference between boosted and NA on an uphill battle at that altitude.

Who was the N/A?

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Thanks, I expected there to be at least a 20% or more time difference between boosted and NA on an uphill battle at that altitude.
    Who was the N/A?

That hill was outstanding. Boosted machines were having to hold back a bit or they would spin out. N/A machines were reaching their limits. All in all, that hill was a driver's hill.

I was also one who was unhappy at the beginning thinking the N/A machines stood no chance. But many of them had better times than some of the boosted, (or engine swapped :D@StickerDick ) machines

And, Sticker, you know I tease only :) Loved hearing that machine roar up that hill.

• That hill was outstanding. Boosted machines were having to hold back a bit or they would spin out. N/A machines were reaching their limits. All in all, that hill was a driver's hill.
    I was also one who was unhappy at the beginning thinking the N/A machines stood no chance. But many of them had better times than some of the boosted, (or engine swapped :D@StickerDick ) machines

And, Sticker, you know I tease only :) Loved hearing that machine roar up that hill.

He was just waiting for it to warm up.

Alpha Supercharger is still spinning fine... it gets rode hard, every time.

• no no i am not ashamed to admit that i was disappointed in my machine at first...... Then i watched my gopro videos, and it was me that was slow.... Not the machine! I just did not know how hard to push it and such a small amount of driving time in the machine showed in my times. Ill get it faster the next time

• no no i am not ashamed to admit that i was disappointed in my machine at first...... Then i watched my gopro videos, and it was me that was slow.... Not the machine! I just did not know how hard to push it and such a small amount of driving time in the machine showed in my times. Ill get it faster the next time

No doubt you will get that beast figured out Stickerdick and then look out!!! Everybody knows you have one hell of a sling and will have it dominating soon.

:GRAYSS: Its all about that base :HEADERSS::MOTOROILSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch, Welter duels

• And if @FunCycle would have been there... 1:47 n/a... :evil:

I sure wanted to try it, but there was just no way I could leave home that long. I would have had to find someone to stay with Brenda and still did not want to drive straight there and straight back with no site seeing. I am glad that everyone had fun with the mountain with the exception of @Otter and I am glad no one was hurt.

@StickerDick I'm sure you will bud, and then we can call our "beer bet" even, lol.
    You did way better than me, so hats off to ya.

• I sure wanted to try it, but there was just no way I could leave home that long. I would have had to find someone to stay with Brenda and still did not want to drive straight there and straight back with no site seeing. I am glad that everyone had fun with the mountain with the exception of @Otter and I am glad no one was hurt.

You did the right thing... Just giving you the much respect I have for you, never meeting you (yet), but reading all the great things here... :thumbup: