Curb Rash Minus the Curb

• Unless you use that Catch -22 as an alibi. Because surely you aren't dumb enough to follow through on a crime you had been so publicly discussing...

• Nothing less than a full replacement of the wheels. There is no warrenty on your life after the old wheels are repaired. IMHO

• Tried to quote Sir Tripod, but it ain't workin' for me. Scroll up a bit to see what I am talking about.

Well, not sure I would put it that way.

But, all Rocky really needs is to be a good lookout. I can cover the rest. Gray slings are good because we can flee without attracting attention. Nobody will notice a gray sling or two running at 800 mph away from the crime scene.

• So, I took my wheels to the local tire shop to get my new Nitto 555 G2s mounted and balanced this morning. I used this specific tire shop because I have used them for my truck and my wife's car with good results. So I get to the shop this afternoon to pick up my wheels and the front desk guy meets me in the parking lot. He asks me come inside the garage portion of the shop, that we need to talk. I immediately knew this was not good news. They aren't too bad, but they are bad enough. The guy was extremely polite, apologized profusely, offered to have the wheels repaired and painted (or whatever it took to make me happy.) He never specifically said that replacing the wheel was an option, but I feel like he eluded to it. So my question is this, are repaired and painted wheels an acceptable offer or should I be insisting that these guys replace the damaged rims?

I didn't take a full picture of either rim, but on one of the wheels every single spoke is rashed...

I would ask for a replacement, IMHO you can always see a repair. :thumbsup:

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• We had a gouged wheel as a result of an accident. The insurance company sent the wheel to a repair shop while the rest of the car was being repaired. When the wheel came back, you could never tell it had been repaired. Unfortunately, your rims had far more gouges than we had. I can see repairing one or two gouges per wheel. As many as are shown in your pics, if the wheels show the least bit of repair, I'd hold out for replacement wheels.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• I would have them replace the rim. A repair and paint can come out great. If you want to see, I can show you on my A6, but I am not sure on those spokes a paint and repair would go over well with you and how much detail you put into things.

@TheRock