• As I may have mentioned I went solo in my own business towards the end of the year..about November.
    For years & years now I have used Turbo Tax online to file income tax, but this year (2016) I do have some self owned business funds I made & next year (2017) will be completely self owned business funds. Any recommendations from anyone? My business is an LLC and in Texas there is no state tax. Thanks for any information as trying to look it up online is a mess of a headache lol.

• When I incorporated about 10 years ago, I found a local CPA I trusted, and started having him do taxes. Now he helps with a lot of other stuff, including payroll and whatnot, but the bottom line is that small business owners have a much bether chance of being audited by the IRS, and I wanted the peace of mind knowing I hadn't screwed it up on my own. Let the pros do it.

It's also worth the money to not have to spend the time, in my opinion. Small business owners never have enough time as it is - give yourself the break.

• Get yourself a trusted CPA and let them handle that for you. You DO NOT! want to go through an IRS audit, been there done that... NEVER want to go through that again. If you need help, PM me. My wife is a CPA and has a virtual CFO practice and can either help you out or point you in the right direction.
    Good luck and may the force be with you :P

• Yea get yourself an accountant. We own a business and in 10 years been audited 2 times. Couldn't imagine going through that without one. And with the tax code changing from year to year. You need someone who's on top of that stuff.

• Definitely get a CPA - tax code way to complicated and continually changing. The best advice I can give you - NEVER get the IRS on your ass - it's a hemorrhoid you will never get rid of!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• After we moved to Texas, I continued doing my own taxes. A year or so later, a local CPA situated in our local HEB grocery store offered a free review of several years taxes. We paid him a portion of the refunds he found us (I thought I had been doing a pretty good job on my taxes) and also suggested we form an LLC. We've used his services ever since. Typical cost is about $700/yr and we've consistently gotten money back since we started using his services.
    I suggest you look for a similar offer in your area and give a CPA trial run.

• As I may have mentioned I went solo in my own business towards the end of the year..about November.
    For years & years now I have used Turbo Tax online to file income tax, but this year (2016) I do have some self owned business funds I made & next year (2017) will be completely self owned business funds. Any recommendations from anyone? My business is an LLC and in Texas there is no state tax. Thanks for any information as trying to look it up online is a mess of a headache lol.

We are just south of Dallas and use an accountant in Ennis and have for over 25 years. Have referred many folks to them thy were using high dollar Dallas accountants. Our business taxes are quite complicated since we have 6 lp's, llc's and s-corps. If you want some information just pm me and I will get you their number.

• @MiM Yes sir. Midlothian to be exact. 30 miles south of Dallas and the cement capital of Texas. Lol We would love to do that but this weekend is out. @Bill Martin and his lovely bride are special folks to us so missing out. We will be in the hill country in April if you will be there?

• @MiM Yes sir. Midlothian to be exact. 30 miles south of Dallas and the cement capital of Texas. Lol We would love to do that but this weekend is out. @Bill Martin and his lovely bride are special folks to us so missing out. We will be in the hill country in April if you will be there?

I thought it was the Beef Jerky Capitol after that mountain of it you shipped to Crystal when she was in Afghanistan! :thumbsup:

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Holy cow! Literally! That's a lot of BJ...

Any who, yes, I'll be in Kerrville! :thumbsup:

See you then sir! Looking forward to meeting you and everyone else I haven't yet...

A lot of BJ?!?! X( Hey, that's my daughter!!! :D

• Just finished filing my 2016 taxes - federal + 2 states. Glad to get THAT out of the way! :thumbsup:

I NEVER file before April 15 and most of the time get extension - don't see the benefit giving the government my money 1 minute before I have too!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I NEVER file before April 15 and most of the time get extension - don't see the benefit giving the government my money 1 minute before I have too!!

I keep it as close to zero as possible & usually get a small return (hate giving them too much of an interest free loan) so in my case, the earlier the better.

• If you guys are worried about your taxes, just do what I do. Every year the IRS wants me to send in a quarterly payment based on how much I think I'm going to make during the year.

I fill out that form and send it in unsigned. I figure if I have to guess how much money I'm going to make, they should have to guess who's sending it in!!

(Disclaimer: The above statement represents the sole opinion of the poster and is not made, or to be interpreted as, sound tax information. It is solely posted as a comical release for the daily stresses of life and a shameless attempt to earn a free t-shirt for the most posts during the month)
    :)

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE