Howdy everyone! Can you please take a moment and post how you found this forum?

• I just saw a SS locally ( Denton,Texas) and have been doing research since then. I registered on another form a couple weeks ago put haven't been approved yet. I guess they have slow admins, or not enough of them.... :( I found a link on the same forum to this one. I will most likely be a lurker for awhile, until I can learn what model I want. But thanks for the quick registering!!

Lurk on! Or even better post a thread if you have any particular questions to help you make a decision. I can promise you that 90% of the people here are full of good information and the other 10% are full of something too!

• Lurk on! Or even better post a thread if you have any particular questions to help you make a decision. I can promise you that 90% of the people here are full of good information and the other 10% are full of something too!

Yeah...I was full of something too......up until about 20 minutes ago!!!.....It's all good now..... :00000441:

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Man, This place has a different "feel" already. I just started looking at the SS recently so I'm seeing there are different models. I'm thinking about getting the basic base model and upgrading the areas as i see fit. I'm not seeing a reason to purchase things that i will be changing out in the future Also that i would be paying interest on as I pay off the vehicle.
    I'm a 50yr old that found a great job working at a local lake for Texas Parks and Wildlife. I have other cars/trucks to drive in bad weather. Just want something to enjoy driving.

• Lurk on! Or even better post a thread if you have any particular questions to help you make a decision. I can promise you that 90% of the people here are full of good information and the other 10% are full of something too!

I would like to submit that I am fully qualified to be in the "other" 10 percent and have the credentials to back it up :)

Being an over achiever I plan to get my Masters Degree soon

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Man, This place has a different "feel" already. I just started looking at the SS recently so I'm seeing there are different models. I'm thinking about getting the basic base model and upgrading the areas as i see fit. I'm not seeing a reason to purchase things that i will be changing out in the future Also that i would be paying interest on as I pay off the vehicle.
    I'm a 50yr old that found a great job working at a local lake for Texas Parks and Wildlife. I have other cars/trucks to drive in bad weather. Just want something to enjoy driving.

Okay well here's some advice. I bought the original 15 SL. I've removed everything about it that makes it an SL except the radio. Everyone will most likely agree that the radio is bad. You can take the 2k that you would pay for that infotainment center and get a rather nice sound system. If you like the SL wheels, guess what? You can buy a set for much cheaper from a member. They get switched out often. Or you can buy yourself a set of wheels and tires for less than the 1890 it costs for the SL wheels from Polaris then sell your base wheels. Your big decision is going to be color. If you like the base colors then there's really no question which is the better way to go.

• This place has that "I can't believe the admins actually post and participate" feeling.

I would get the base and add what you want as you can. The way I see it is people buy the other models for their color more than the added features.

Basically if Polaris had offered the Red as a base with no options I think a lot of people would have went that direction. And this would have been true with Orange and Black. I think their is enough info out now that people know they can have better add-on products than what is provided by Polaris.

• This place has that "I can't believe the admins actually post and participate" feeling.

I'll tell you this....I have been a admin on multi-able sites for different hobbies. The admin's job is NOT a glorious one. If your heart is not in the middle of whats going on, it's so easy to get burnt out or tired being the referee. You have my respect!

• I just saw a SS locally ( Denton,Texas) and have been doing research since then. I registered on another form a couple weeks ago put haven't been approved yet. I guess they have slow admins, or not enough of them.... :( I found a link on the same forum to this one. I will most likely be a lurker for awhile, until I can learn what model I want. But thanks for the quick registering!!

Shaun, Good place to learn a lot, Lots of fun, and lots of great people willing to share there ideas and experiences. Put the word out that you might be willing to buy pie & coffee and somebody in your area might stop by and take you for a ride. I would but --- about 1,000 miles one way. Did have a guy follow me home ---took him for a 20 min ride. He's ready to give up the Vette for a Slingshot.

• I received sage legal advice from a Louisiana Lawyer...it was kinda odd he kept saying "Chrome is the way"....I thought he meant my chrome book...

Sorry, off topic (something I RARELY do :rolleyes: ), but are you & our other "Houstonites" all okay?! Lots of flooding & power outages per the news...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Sorry, off topic (something I RARELY do :rolleyes: ), but are you & our other "Houstonites" all okay?! Lots of flooding & power outages per the news...

Not off topic my friend! Thank you for checking! I went into the hospital about 4:45am and there was already some street flooding...over half of my patients made it in which is quite impressive! More rain is expected...which means more flooding...I'm on the ride out team...if they need me I go in and stay until we are back to normal operations...but we are alright!!!

You will find lots of opinions as to what to buy - me I bought a base and did it my way. May I suggest going to the blogs and reviewing some of the builds posted. Lots of great ideas and you can save money at someone else's expense.
    No matter what I am sure once you own one neither you are you credit card will ever be the same again. Enjoy be safe

Sling ON

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!