Damning report suggests you'll never commute in Elio Motors' three-wheeler

• It WAS a good idea...

From Fox News:

"A United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filing reveals Elio Motors had just $101,317 in cash on September 30, 2016. That's a rounding error at best for a car company. Worse yet, the same document declares recurring net losses caused an accumulated deficit of over $123 million. The company explained it's uncertain about what the future holds.

"If we are unable to continue to obtain financing to meet our working capital requirements, we may have to curtail our business sharply or cease operations altogether," wrote Elio Motors in the SEC filing. More recent information about the company's finances hasn't been released to the public."

Read More

Boating with the dolphins, US Navy '76-'84

• I hope all the deposits were kept separately and when they do indeed fold, those customers who took a chance get their deposits back as promised

Yep...my Father-In-Law and several of his friends put deposits down. I almost went in with him as well, but just couldn't get the warm & fuzzies about the company back then. Glad I hung onto my money and used it for mods on my Sling!!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Well, to further quote the news article:

"To date, the company has taken 64,000 refundable and nonrefundable reservations, according to its official website. In the opinion of Cedric Glover, the former mayor of Shreveport, the reservation holders have lost their money for good."

Oh goody!!!! I get to rub this into my Father-In-Law!!!! HAH!!!!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• I went there to see the article as well. I didn't know the "all in" deposits were a legal (but fatal) way of giving them money and kissing it goodbye. There never was a chance in hell that this vehicle was going to be able to be produced at $6,800. But id did give them the needed money to carry out their dreams funded by those people who trusted that they would be one of the firsts to own this unique concept vehicle. Those (as well as the loss of potential jobs in LA) are the ones I feel sorry for

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Well, to further quote the news article:

"To date, the company has taken 64,000 refundable and nonrefundable reservations, according to its official website. In the opinion of Cedric Glover, the former mayor of Shreveport, the reservation holders have lost their money for good."

Kinda curious why "the former mayor of Shreveport" is at all relevant...seems random.

• This is why I hate taking pre-order deposits of any kind. Making promises are easy .... Keeping them is a total different story.

Makes sense when there is a viable product ready to go and you know for a fact delevery will take place.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Ya gotta be careful with shady coonasses - however - Elio folks are north of I-10 so we consider em Yankees :P Sad when people get screwed outta their hard earned money!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I told y'all that stupid thing would never exist. At the price point he set there never was potential other than fleecing thousands of people. That elio idiot should have just been going from town to town in a wagon selling snake oil.

• This is why I hate taking pre-order deposits of any kind. Making promises are easy .... Keeping them is a total different story.

Makes sense when there is a viable product ready to go and you know for a fact delevery will take place.

The difference with you is that I would completely trust you.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• pssst... got a $1000.00 Elio reservation ticket for sale for ONLY $500.00. Be the first in your neighborhood to be on the waiting list!

Boating with the dolphins, US Navy '76-'84