We're giving away a Slingshot and Need Suggestions on how to do it...

• Hey Guys,

In a partnership with with a local radio station and a trade show event in Michigan, we are going to be giving away a brand new 2017 Slingshot live in Feburary on the last day of the show. (where and when soon to be announced)

Everything in set with a small exception... we don't know how to do it.

I'm hoping to get some creative ideas that could be used for consideration. I figured why not ask a huge group of Slingshot owners what the best way to give one away was. I'm looking for something that's fun, relatively safe, and outside the box enough to attract a lot of media attention.

Here's what we do know:

1. In the weeks leading up to the show, the radio station will be qualifying finalists (think caller 10 wins). During the show people will have the additional opportunity to qualify as well. Ultimately on Sunday we want to have 40-60 total people as finalists all with an equal chance to compete to win live. We plan to steam it on facebook live.

2. The time we have to do this from start to finish can be no longer than a few hours. So however people are eliminated, it needs to be quick. (rules out some type of endurance contest)

3. the space we have to do this in is limited... the booth is only 20x30 but there is a good deal of surrounding area for lots of people to float around.

4. However we do it, there has to be a clear and undisputed winner, I have nightmares thinking about doing this and ending up in a lawsuit because multiple people thought they won.

5. It also needs a name and the Rado Station wants it "Slingshot" related, some type of cheesy play on words.

So guys... 40 or more people, 2 hours, how do we get down to 1 person and give this thing away?

Thanks in advance.

• I am soo winning this Chris! Mainly because of location and my perfect plan to eliminate contestants.

1) You ask the crowd, "Who here is Wolf on Slingshotinfo.com".

2) I accept my prize. ;)

Alternately you could get a couple Matchbox car ramps. A big box of Matchbox cars(Slingshots would be awesome, haven't seen any though). People pick their race car and you can have one and done, two and done...elimination, depending on how long you need it to take.

I know there are companies that can put yours, I-Heart Radio's and the Slingshot logo on Matchbox cars. You could also just have one of our resident sticker guys make logos to go on them( @STYLN or @StickerDick). Could be a cool consolation keepsake for those that lose to mine. :)

Edited once, last by WOLF ().

• the company I work for did a similar giveaway at the SEMA show three years ago.
    My suggestion would be to have keys made (40) but only one of the keys cranks it. 39 almost correct keys 1 that works.

Make sure you make extra dummy keys and triple check that they do not work. You do not want to have two that work.
    39 confirmed non-working keys and the one working key are place the in a bag and have the 40 people pull blind.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Rope off a large area and take said slingshot turn off traction control and see who can do the most consecutive doughnuts. Whoever does the most wins. Breaks in the motor properly. And really who doesn't want to watch a slingshot burn rubber. Crowd pleaser for sure. :thumbsup:

• the company I work for did a similar giveaway at the SEMA show three years ago.
    My suggestion would be to have keys made (40) but only one of the keys cranks it. 39 almost correct keys 1 that works.

Make sure you make extra dummy keys and triple check that they do not work. You do not want to have two that work.
    39 confirmed non-working keys and the one working key are place the in a bag and have the 40 people pull blind.

A marina/radio station/dealer did something similar here a couple years ago.... it was very anti-climatic when the first one that pulled the key worked, i know the odds of that are high but it does ruin the whole contest for a lot of people since " you don't get your money's worth of entertainment"

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• People divided in groups, they have to do something quick (either in groups or individually), such as build a Lego slingshot, or build a high structure using a set group of materials (toothpicks, straws, etc)... Pick the top 3 or so and then do the key thing with those that remain...

Or because it's February... Cupid's Slingshot... Shoot a Slingshot (rubberband type) at red, pink, white balloons on a large board with a key in each balloon (or some keys and some with chocolate or whatever)... Those with keys stick around to try and win...

• Grab a couple kiddie pools, make numerous fake keys and hide them within about 5 kiddie pools of jello, mud, slime or whatever. Make the actual slingshot key the one they have to find. You get a show while they are trying to find the key. Do like 8 people per kiddie pool and let them go wild. Or you could have a gold key in each of the kiddie pools and the top 5 do a radio station quiz to win overall.

• Low Octane Racing
    32 contestants draw numbered poker chips out of a bucket.
    In numerical order each person picks a new in package Hot wheel car. .
    1 vs 32, 2 vs 31, 3 vs 30 etc.
    Highest number calls coin flip for track choice.
    2 identical tracks come off a podium and drop, running across the floor.
    Winner of each drag race advances to next round.
    Don't forget the high speed camera at the finish line for close finishes and a giant monitor for all to see.
    Should last just over an hour if each race takes a couple of minutes.
    Last winner gets a Hot wheel..... Well and the Slingshot.

• Haha some great suggestions guys...

I don't have much in terms of actual ideas for competition, however I came up with "King of the Sling" as a catchy promo name... need some king of the hill style contest to go with it.

• SHHH.....could everyone just quite down for a while??!!! I'm working on my acceptance speech thankyouverymuch!!!! :00007555::00000019:

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Its called "Sit your ass in a sling". Pick a start line 4 foot from the Slingshot, time people on getting to the vehicle, sitting in it and latching the seat belt. Then unlatching, getting out and back to the start line. You have a Judge sitting in the passenger seat to verify the seat belt get latched. If you have ever seen someone try to get in and out of a slingshot in a hurry, its hilarious. Make sure they sign a waive.

• Its called "Sit your ass in a sling". Pick a start line 4 foot from the Slingshot, time people on getting to the vehicle, sitting in it and latching the seat belt. Then unlatching, getting out and back to the start line. You have a Judge sitting in the passenger seat to verify the seat belt get latched. If you have ever seen someone try to get in and out of a slingshot in a hurry, its hilarious. Make sure they sign a waive.

great idea but they have to be careful legally speaking. Let's say one of us old guys are one of the 40. Some young 20something would be quicker.... Then you would have a discrimination lawsuit on you hands.... We are a protected class you know...
    :rolleyes:

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup: