Amp input question

• Yup @Neosolidus is right, I know it gets confusing but that's why we were suggesting a "speaker level" input capable amp in order to keep it less confusing. With the amp you purchased the converters will be needed unless someone knows a trick using the factory harness under the dash that I don't know about.

• If you use something like the cable posted by tripod and directly connect it to the RCA input on the amp there is a 99.9% chance that you will automatically fry the amp(the digital decoders to be exact ) unless you have an amp that has a dual purpose RCA that has a 1x/10x selector, this is very uncommon now a days and only older amps tend to carry it.

Here is a popular Line Converter(LC)
    Amazon.com: PAC SNI-35 Variable LOC Line Out Converter: Car Electronics

Personally i try to avoid "LC" like the plague because they introduce a lot of distortion most of the time.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I ordered one of these, @TheRock mentioned it, has not come in yet. His diagram on the other thread was something I can do, I think. Then, can I just plug in the RCA? I haven't bought any RCA cables yet. What kind? and how will the 2 front speakers power 2 front, 2 side, and 2 rear speakers? Thanks for help

• I would like my amp to turn on and off when I start my SS, I think I can do this by using my remote wire. Does anyone know what or where the wire is under the dash? Plus, I'll have the positive hooked to the battery and negative hooked to the frame. Won't my amp stay on all the time and run my battery down?

• If you tie the remote amp wire to the ACC/Ignition (Red), the amp will turn on anytime the slingshot is turned on. It will be on even if the radio is off, but will shutoff with the ignition. You can verify this once wired as most amps have a green light when on, cycle it.

• If you tie the remote amp wire to the ACC/Ignition (Red), the amp will turn on anytime the slingshot is turned on. It will be on even if the radio is off, but will shutoff with the ignition. You can verify this once wired as most amps have a green light when on, cycle it.

Awesome, thank you sir, that's what I need to know. To test the wire, can I just see if it's hot when the key is on, off when the key is off? Then hook into that wire? Should I have a fuse in that wire? Sorry, I'm a beginner.

• The way you describe is the correct way, use either a Volt meter or test light . A fuse is optional as that circuit is already fused in the main fuse block, but if running wire a long way could be an option. I likely would not in that case, but defer to others. Not though, if you run ANYTHING to the battery, specifically anything not already fused, you MUST use a fuse. I would assume your amp will go to the battery, and if so the amp power wire MUST have a fuse.

• Can I tap into the red wire here?
    polaris-slingshot-aftermarket-stereo-wiring-harness-base-model.jpg

Where is this harness located and is it the same on a 2018. I'm having the same questions as to where to hook up the blue wire from the amp so it can power up only when the Sling is turned on and not have it on constantly.. I can't seem to find the blue wire everyone says the stock harness has.

Ok so who is next. Haters are gonna hate regardless

• Where is this harness located and is it the same on a 2018. I'm having the same questions as to where to hook up the blue wire from the amp so it can power up only when the Sling is turned on and not have it on constantly.. I can't seem to find the blue wire everyone says the stock harness has.

Wow, been a couple years sense I did mine. I'm no expert and others can direct you better. The harness should be behind your radio. Not sure if the 18 is different from the 15,.. I'm thinking it's about the same. The blue wire we were referring to is part of the amp and not stock with the sling. I tied mine into the stock harness so it will power down when the sling is off. With the help from members here, they got mine setup and it rocks. I now have 8 speakers and 2 subs behind the seats. These guys are good and know what they are talking about. My sling is home and I'll try to get more info for you when I get tonight. I just can't remember how it's hooked up

• Wow, been a couple years sense I did mine. I'm no expert and others can direct you better. The harness should be behind your radio. Not sure if the 18 is different from the 15,.. I'm thinking it's about the same. The blue wire we were referring to is part of the amp and not stock with the sling. I tied mine into the stock harness so it will power down when the sling is off. With the help from members here, they got mine setup and it rocks. I now have 8 speakers and 2 subs behind the seats. These guys are good and know what they are talking about. My sling is home and I'll try to get more info for you when I get tonight. I just can't remember how it's hooked up

I understand the blue wire is from the amp but what I need to know is where to hook it up to behind the stock radio for the amp to power up when I power up the SS. The harness in the picture shows the red wire as the possible option. I want to know if the 2018 has that same harness before I take things apart

Ok so who is next. Haters are gonna hate regardless