Report your current weather here.

• Had frost this morning in South Jersey. Waited for a warm up. Plugged in the heated seat covers and did a 120 mi. ride on some back roads. Great fall foliage but nowhere safe to pull over for a picture.

• Five weeks ago with hurricane Ian, this area looked a war zone. So much damage to trees and "junk" all over the cities alomg with street after street with flooded homes with water up to 2 to 3 feet inside their homes. There didn't appear to be much roof damages though and that was with a hurricane that hit land just shy of a category r level. This storm looked like it was going to be nothing more than a heavy rain storm. WE (I mean my wife and I as well as most of our neighbors and friends) had no issues. No loss of power roof shingles or flooding. Once the curfew was lifted today< i got out to check into our other property on the river. Roads were flooded and I could not get close enough to take a look at the condo. All the bridges East of the river to the beach side (along A1A) were closed to East bound traffic so emergency crews and first responders could deal with the horrible devastation this tropical storm did to the beach as well as MANY beach front homes, condos and hotels. Damage numbers won't even be close to accurate for several days, yet they're expecting the loss for this county alone to be in the 10's of Billion dollars. Take a look at this video and you'll see that when local officials say to evacuate, you get the fuck out and don't say that "I've been through stronger storms than this". My heart goes out to those who sustained these damages and hope they're able to get the needed assistance to rebuild. It could be months or more before Daytona Beach is able to reopen safely and it may never be the same. Ian took out the Southern West coast beaches of Florida 5 weeks ago, and Nicole took out the 138 miles of East Coast beaches this week. It puts life into a whole new perspective after seeing this happen in your own backyard. I know for sure Bill Martin knows what I'm talking about as he lived through much worse personally. This one is just awful to witness

https://www.usnews.com/news/us…cane-pounds-florida-coast

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• little cool but getting back to normal next week - despite needing gloves I am loving my morning rides

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Supposed to be 66 here in Oceanside today

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

Images

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I really think it is hard for people to grasp what these storms can do just by watching a video from your easy chair until you have seen the devastation close up and personal. As what Phil described is horrible but if you can even imagine a 100 mph increase in wind speed pushing the ocean inland is what we experienced in SW Louisiana. I know the weather in FL is fantastic….until it’s not!! That’s why my ass is a long way from the coast after spending the biggest majority of my life there. Gimme a little cold and snow any day - I got plenty coats :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it