Report your current weather here.

• Why not just stay in Canada with Sparcky? I doubt many of us will miss you and I for one am so sorry you are inconvenienced with your air BNB while others are trying to survive. Enjoy your time in Mexico, careful with the water and don’t take any fentanyl from strangers.

Yup, I have no problem with staying up here for now. Will be done there end of Nov in Orlando.

Sad to see the damage that many have to deal with. My thoughts are with everyone that is in FLA going through this (and also in our Atlantic provinces, that just had to deal with Fiona also).

It's kind of surreal when you have never been through anything like that and are looking at it from the outside.

Stay safe

• Why not just stay in Canada with Sparcky? I doubt many of us will miss you and I for one am so sorry you are inconvenienced with your air BNB while others are trying to survive. Enjoy your time in Mexico, careful with the water and don’t take any fentanyl from strangers.

Rws904 thankfully the majority of US USA citizens dont think the same as you. Having my airbnb cancelled wasnt a inconvenience but a disappointment that I would not be able to visit friends and spend my money at the local establishments that rely in the tourist travel. I really feel bad that the people of Florida have experienced this act of devastation and hope they can get thru this. Hopefully your wise ass comment about the fentanyl was not a personable comment as that was truly in bad taste. The whole country is affected by the fentanyl addictions that I am sure many would not find that comment appropriate. Have a great day. :00000014:

• Rws904 thankfully the majority of US USA citizens dont think the same as you. Having my airbnb cancelled wasnt a inconvenience but a disappointment that I would not be able to visit friends and spend my money at the local establishments that rely in the tourist travel. I really feel bad that the people of Florida have experienced this act of devastation and hope they can get thru this. Hopefully your wise ass comment about the fentanyl was not a personable comment as that was truly in bad taste. The whole country is affected by the fentanyl addictions that I am sure many would not find that comment appropriate. Have a great day. :00000014:

Gooseman, I want to apologize for my bad taste and for angrily misinterpreting your original post. I hope your friends are all ok and you get to visit them soon. Safe travels

• Sparcky, I hope you have good weather in November when you visit down here. Thoughts and prayers with the victims of Fiona up there and Ian down here. I don’t agree with you often, but I’m with you on this all the way. If you find yourself passing through Jacksonville, I’d be happy to catch up with you. Safe travels.

• Thoughts and best wishes for your relatives. My sister and brother-in-law live in the Port St. Lucy area and they're fine. We were finely able got in touch with them late yesterday. Communication network is not good as I'm sure you know. Hoping that's your case & glad you are fine. Many people on this forum eventually get to meet down the road. Hopefully you'll get the opportunity to meet Tom. He is one of the best and I'll bet he'll offer some great Canadian maple 🍁 syrup. I'll assure that he meant no disrespect, I'll bet everything his intentions are nothing but good & simply felt it improper to vacation in an area surrounded with the necessity of all the tasks in hand and that's a good thing. The forum is a good place to post his change of plans as many here know him.

Great second response, we're all with you!

Thanks for putting things in perspective, Frankie. I appreciate your voice of reason. It’s been an emotional week and I read Gooseman’s comment in the worst light possible at the time I posted. Clearly, I was wrong. Wishing all of you all the best.

• I may complain about the short riding season in Maine. But at least we don't have to deal with hurricanes, 🌪, forest fires and floods.

Just Noreasters, ice storms, frost heaves, and black flies ......... tongue-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

Edited once, last by Orangeman ().

Just Noreasters, ice storms, frost heaves, and black flies ......... tongue-squared

Noreasters dont really affect us and ice storms are nothing like hurricanes etc.. And blackflies are up north not where I live. No chance of losing everything.

• Noreasters dont really affect us and ice storms are nothing like hurricanes etc.. And blackflies are up north not where I live. No chance of losing everything.

Her family is from Richmond and our property is outside of Rockwood so ..OK.......if you say so ..... laugh-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Was a very nice 69° for my morning ride to my wife farmers market this morning. They say the high today should be 99° and then slowly back up to 104° by next Tuesday - By Thursday it looks like we will drop back below 100° and most likely stay there for the long haul. Of Course I am sure there will be exceptions considering the fact that historically we hav broken the 100° mark in virtually every month at one time or another.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Too hot for me!

You would be amazed at how comfortable anything under 100 feels after almost 4 months of days of 110° and higher - - add to that the fact that I have lived here for 35 years and I suspect that much of what you think is comfortable I would consider downright cold 8o

perspective - - it can be different and it can and will change

• I can tell ya - Louisiana is hotter than Satan’s balls - Edward Neal - I would take your 110 over a coonass land 90 any day :00008172:

You got me there - even we are what I would call "humid" I would bet its downright dry by your standards - if fact right now its 97.7° with 31% humidity and to me it seems a bit sticky out

• You got me there - even we are what I would call "humid" I would bet its downright dry by your standards - if fact right now its 97.7° with 31% humidity and to me it seems a bit sticky out

I just looked - July in Louisiana is 79% relative humidity with a yearly average of 76%. Orangeman in FL beats us out by .5%. Bet if ya asked him that .5 percent is offset by the ocean breezes - it is only cooler out in the Gulf in LA - I left cause the Gulf kept trying to come to me instead of me to it :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it