Report your current weather here.

• Okay, I am getting ready to leave for work in about 8 minutes. The sun is not up yet, first light will start on my ride in and sunrise itself will not officially happen until about 6 minutes after I get to the office.

Right now its 41 degrees and clear expected high today is 83 - - next 7 days we are expected to hit 87 to 91 and no rain or clouds in sight

Love it!!!

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• At least its sunny, I'm going out for a ride this morning!

humidity 89% - - - - - Dang!!!

its 15% here and dropping

• humidity 89% - - - - - Dang!!!

its 15% here and dropping

Yeah, I miss the low-humidity environs of the low desert! Still, don't be fooled - at these low temps, the air can hold almost no water. "89%" at 27 degrees is comparable water load to 15% at 85 degrees. We really don't suffer from high humidity here except maybe from July 1st through late August.

The ride this morning was exhilarating!

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• last week we were in the low 40's in the mornings and highs in the 70's. I was actually thinking it might b time to break out my full helmet (ears get too cold when its 41 in the 1/2 helmet) and I was also planning on shutting down and winterizing our swamp cooler.

now I am thinking I might have to put those things off for a little longer

i-NtFW2Dp-XL.png

• US National Weather Service Caribou ME

❄️Snow expected Thursday and Friday❄️

The first widespread snow of the season is expected later Thursday into Friday. Motorists with travel plans, especially Thursday night into early Friday, should prepare for potential hazardous driving conditions. While it is still too early to talk specific amounts, the attached graphic shows the probabilities of any location seeing 2" or more of snowfall.

No photo description available.

• US National Weather Service Caribou ME

❄️Snow expected Thursday and Friday❄️

The first widespread snow of the season is expected later Thursday into Friday. Motorists with travel plans, especially Thursday night into early Friday, should prepare for potential hazardous driving conditions. While it is still too early to talk specific amounts, the attached graphic shows the probabilities of any location seeing 2" or more of snowfall.

No photo description available.

Feel for you my friend! NE is a beautiful place but you can keep the winters!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• oh wait, they changed their minds..

"Thursday Night
    Snow. Low around 23. Light northeast wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible."

I do believe this marks the end of SS season.

• Really didn't want to 'like' but understand. I never put mine 'up' in Northern Indiana have it ready to ride when the roads are dry.

• Really didn't want to 'like' but understand. I never put mine 'up' in Northern Indiana have it ready to ride when the roads are dry.

that was my plan, but I moved further north and the last 2 winters, once it started snowing up here. the roads (at least my road, the 1st 3/4 of a mile) aren't the greatest. never really dry. and can't assume it's not black ice. that's probably why it's a snowmobile access route to the ITS system.

so for now the SS is tucked into the garage hooked up to a solar panel/charger to keep it at def con 2

on the plus side (I guess) I can ride my snowmobile at least 100 miles south and 200+ miles to the north to either the Quebec or New Brunswick border, then however far Canada's snowmobile trails are. I know people who travel to Montreal and Quebec City for dinner.

• Heading North soon too. 😎
    Going to have to get out the heated seats!

One of these days I think my wife and I might do a weekend getaway to The Inn at Death Valley - Formally the Furnace Creek Inn - - beautiful 4 diamond resort / hotel built in 1927 - - - went there many times with my parents back in the 70's and from what I have read they have expanded it and made it even nicer

back to your trip - I highly recommend that you take the time to take a tour of Scotty's Castle its just north of the valley and very much worth the effort

• back to your trip - I highly recommend that you take the time to take a tour of Scotty's Castle its just north of the valley and very much worth the effort

I will look that up! Thank you for mentioning it. We have a full plate with death Valley, valley of fire, and of course Vegas and red rock. Have a 33rd anniversary coming up. How lucky am I that I have a wife that wants to take a Sling trip for our anniversary!

• Guess we can take this one off the list but thank you for mentioning it...

That sucks !

• If you are interested you can read about Death Valley Scotty - Death Valley Scotty

The castle is really pretty amazing especially when you consider that all of the materials to build it and to furnish it had to brought out from all over the world to Death Valley - - it even has a organ on the first floor that when played actually plays real musical instruments that are in a room upstairs overlooking the lower level and there is / was an underground river that ran generators to supply electricity - - - bummer that its closed

• If you are interested you can read about Death Valley Scotty - Death Valley Scotty

The castle is really pretty amazing especially when you consider that all of the materials to build it and to furnish it had to brought out from all over the world to Death Valley - - it even has a organ on the first floor that when played actually plays real musical instruments that are in a room upstairs overlooking the lower level and there is / was an underground river that ran generators to supply electricity - - - bummer that its closed

I had no idea! Great recommendation- it is “on the list “ when it reopens. Flash floods can be brutal!