Report your current weather here.

• Sort of temperature related - We've had temps in the mid-to-high 90s with humidity-adjusted temps closer to 105 for most of the past two weeks here in the Houston area. My electric bills had run around $200/month max for the last 2 years under my old electricity provider, so when I received my first bill from the new provider and it was almost $400, I decided to switch to a provider (http://www.griddy.com) who charges a flat $9.99 monthly membership and buys electricity for its members on the spot-market. Due to extreme demand, Texas set a new state-wide record for electricity consumption, briefly driving the spot market to $9/kwh a few days before I switched, driving some bills to over $300 for a 2-week period. My first day on the new plan, we used 141 kwh at a cost of $26 (plus grid costs and taxes). When I realized we had used around $35 worth of electricity once all costs and taxes were included, I was close to panicking like some others had and was seriously considering switching providers. I switched my pool and AC to run primarily during non-peak hours and, with the less drastic spot-market prices we've seen during the 5 days I've been with Griddy, My daily wholesale costs have run $26.01, $3.35, $4.22, $2.85 and $2.48, with my All-IN delivered costs for 687 kwh have averaged out to 12 cents/kwh, which is about what I would have been paying with my old provider, but I hope to save even more long-term. I 'll just need to keep an eye on what happens to the wholesale market in case we have anymore serious market fluctuations that will force me back to a fixed price plan. I do miss my older provider, who offered pricing closer to 7-8 cents per kwh, but it looks like those times are gone now. Time will tell how my wholesale market experiment goes.

141 kWh for 2 weeks!! $35!!!

those are numbers I could only dream about. Last month, July, our house used 2,283 kWh of power and had we not installed solar in 2016 we would have been looking at a bill of close to a thousand dollars. And this is for a 1,650 sq foot home

fortunately for the same month our 59 solar panels generated 2,694 kWh of power, and with it being the last month of our billing year with Edison they ended up sending us a check for $65 - - our only regular monthly bill is usually around 5$ to 10$ for taxes and the privileged of being connected to their grid

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Ride home from work in 30 minutes should be great, only 103 degrees today. That may sound hot to many of you, but yesterday was 14 degrees hotter at the same time 117

The average for August is 107

• 141 kWh for 2 weeks!! $35!!!

those are numbers I could only dream about. Last month, July, our house used 2,283 kWh of power and had we not installed solar in 2016 we would have been looking at a bill of close to a thousand dollars. And this is for a 1,650 sq foot home

fortunately for the same month our 59 solar panels generated 2,694 kWh of power, and with it being the last month of our billing year with Edison they ended up sending us a check for $65 - - our only regular monthly bill is usually around 5$ to 10$ for taxes and the privileged of being connected to their grid

Unfortunately, that $35 for 141 kwh was just for ONE day! We had several wholesale spot-market price surges this afternoon that probably raised our kwh average price to over $1 per kwh, so for an hour or so we may have been paying $3-5/per our for our electricity. I'll find out later tonight or tomorrow when I can see our hourly kwh numbers for today.

• Unfortunately, that $35 for 141 kwh was just for ONE day! We had several wholesale spot-market price surges this afternoon that probably raised our kwh average price to over $1 per kwh, so for an hour or so we may have been paying $3-5/per our for our electricity. I'll find out later tonight or tomorrow when I can see our hourly kwh numbers for today.

its only 7:10pm but right now our usage for the day stands at 61.1 kWh and our production from the panels which is pretty much done with the sun now down is right at 71.9 kWh

This time of year with the heat I am happy if we can come close to breaking even on consumption vs production - March through June is when our production really ramps up way above what we use and that is what we bank with the utility for the bad days

having the solar I have the ability to watch my production and consumption in real time with my Tesla app (Tesla bought Solar City

• Yesterday was only 99 and today is projected to be 98 - - first time in over 2 months where it hasn't broken the 100 degree mark. unfortunately we will be headed back up over 100 through the weekend but it won't be too long before we are below 100 to stay until next summer - - our best riding weather will be here soon :00008674:

• 90* at 7:15 in the evening. Heading out in the morning for Mayhem in the Mountains. Expecting cool mornings and warm to hot afternoons. Evenings should be warm. Rain? Not an issue. MIGHT see a shower or two, no reason to call the game on account of rain. Just slow down for a few minutes.

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• i-TdtDrcZ-X2.png

• Pulled into Nashville last night to spend couple days before heading on to Eureka Springs.....

looks like the cool weather I enjoyed in the Poconos and S Carolina are gone for now - back to hotter than donkey balls !!:cursing:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Beautiful weather here in northeast Florida. Wanted to go for a ride started my SS but engine would not go above Idle. Accelerator would not work. Stranded #^%$&^.

Didn't know if you were commenting on weather or asking for help.

Sometimes the computer doesn't boot up correctly...

and it's an electronic throttle.

Good weather for a bad day?

There's the rainbow.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• looks like we are finally done with the 100's :00008674:

i-kjqcS9w-X2.png