Report your current weather here.

• Bill Martin looks like you better get those cigars in a waterproof container. Be safe and stay dry.

Always got plenty cigars and fine Kentucky bourbon - looks like we got lucky where I am and it is going to be pretty much a non event here. We’ve had worse storms that didn’t even make the news - so far - but folks to my east are really gonna have to battle flooding. It’s just a way of life here - I don’t get too excited until it’s a Cat 3 - then I’m lookin to bug out

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• dangerdarrell Are you in that Flash flooding they are having in Arkansas? If you are be safe. Might not want to take the slingshot out today. I heard they hydroplane pretty easy!!! =O

Appreciate it Bro but no flooding in NW AR. Really cloudy right now but only 20% chance of rain. Getting ready to ride in about 5 min. I’ve ridden in rain many times. Not my favorite thing to do but I probably have 2000+ miles in the rain and only slid about 45 deg. once. Just slow down and pay REALLY close attention to all the feelings coming through. One of the few times I get in touch with my feelings :00008356:

• Agreed, riding in the rain isn't too hard, but you have to know your vehicle and pay very close attention to how it feels. Knock on wood, I've never had an accident from hydroplaning in any vehicle. When it starts raining, slow down, if you feel it get loose, slow down further, never jam on the brakes if it's loose. If I'm in my truck or the sling, I down shift for braking anyway, but letting off the gas is usually enough.

• Agreed, riding in the rain isn't too hard, but you have to know your vehicle and pay very close attention to how it feels. Knock on wood, I've never had an accident from hydroplaning in any vehicle. When it starts raining, slow down, if you feel it get loose, slow down further, never jam on the brakes if it's loose. If I'm in my truck or the sling, I down shift for braking anyway, but letting off the gas is usually enough.

I down shift more than break --- in rain don't down shift to hard, that can cause trouble also...

• Current weather?

Its Hot! 118 yesterday predicting 114 today - - - - - then we are going to really cool down mid week to 110 or less.

:thumbsup:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• 2 pm here and its hot and still going up

i-sZtKdWB-X2.jpg

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• My wife and I are so ignorant!!! Went to lunch in the Slingshot. We looked at the weather radar and it was raining in Terre Haute about 90 miles west. (For those of you who go to the Indy 500, "It is raining in Terre Haute" is some of the most iconic phrases spoken at the track. For the rest of you, your just saying - What is this idiot talking about!!!) Anyway, ate lunch ran an errand with no rain. We got close to our house and thought, we can ride just a short distance farther. We hadn't got anymore than about a 1/4 mile past the road to our house when the temp does one of those 15° drops in about a minute. For those of you who know Midwest thunderstorms, you know what that means!!! Torrential downpour and small hail on top of that!!! We got soaked and beat to death!!! The sad thing about it is that we both know better!!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• My wife and I are so ignorant!!! Went to lunch in the Slingshot. We looked at the weather radar and it was raining in Terre Haute about 90 miles west. (For those of you who go to the Indy 500, "It is raining in Terre Haute" is some of the most iconic phrases spoken at the track. For the rest of you, your just saying - What is this idiot talking about!!!) Anyway, ate lunch ran an errand with no rain. We got close to our house and thought, we can ride just a short distance farther. We hadn't got anymore than about a 1/4 mile past the road to our house when the temp does one of those 15° drops in about a minute. For those of you who know Midwest thunderstorms, you know what that means!!! Torrential downpour and small hail on top of that!!! We got soaked and beat to death!!! The sad thing about it is that we both know better!!!

That's the thing about playing...

Logic goes out the door and funsense kicks in.

Glad you enjoyed it. :thumbsup:

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

I've never been to the Indy 500. It's about 70 miles from my home (been around the track on a Yamaha, Harley, 1967 GTO clone, and a 1970 numbers matching GTO). But I know the weather, and can seriously appreciate what you say! Glad you were not far from home, and yes.... you knew better!

• [quote='Goats_Hogs','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/2545-report-your-current-weather-here/&postID=277651#post277651']

My wife and I are so ignorant!!! Went to lunch in the Slingshot. We looked at the weather radar and it was raining in Terre Haute about 90 miles west. (For those of you who go to the Indy 500, "It is raining in Terre Haute" is some of the most iconic phrases spoken at the track. For the rest of you, your just saying - What is this idiot talking about!!!) Anyway, ate lunch ran an errand with no rain. We got close to our house and thought, we can ride just a short distance farther. We hadn't got anymore than about a 1/4 mile past the road to our house when the temp does one of those 15° drops in about a minute. For those of you who know Midwest thunderstorms, you know what that means!!! Torrential downpour and small hail on top of that!!! We got soaked and beat to death!!! The sad thing about it is that we both know better!!!

I've never been to the Indy 500. It's about 70 miles from my home (been around the track on a Yamaha, Harley, 1967 GTO clone, and a 1970 numbers matching GTO). But I know the weather, and can seriously appreciate what you say! Glad you were not far from home, and yes.... you knew better!

[/quote]

One of the other famous phrases at the Indy 500 is "And Mario is slowing on the backstretch". I have way to much time on my hands and a very feeble mind!!!