Report your current weather here.

• Goats_Hogs I have never seen freezing fog. Does it crackle when it hits windshield or bounce off like sleet? Sounds like you are in for a while, but look at the fun when you get out of jail.

Just Sayin

Freezing fog normally only comes after we've had days that were in the 30's, and have a quick drop in temps. We were to get down into the mid teens overnight. The warmer areas, like ponds and such, and the moisture in the open fields (can be from snow or rain from recent) will cause fog. The fog is just that, like a mist or whatever... but it's wet not frozen. It can freeze on your vehicle as you drive. When it settles in trees, on cars, and more importantly, roadways and bridges that aren't treated with salt or calcium, it freezes into black ice. Usually makes the trees very beautiful though, leaving a light coat of ice around all the branches (which is really pretty if the sun happens to break thru later in the day). That is, unless it lasts too long, then the ice gets too thick and branches start breaking and coming down. If power lines are in the way, they can be taken out and large areas affected.

I envy your area this time of the year, but I surely don't come mid summer......

See the source image

• Reminds of something we sent to Kittyhawk dispatchers some years back. Kittyhawk was an air charter company based in Dallas Texas, were the on demand contract carrier for GM and Delphi, they were our #1 account. They had built a new facility in Fort Wayne, IN and many of the dispatchers had to move up to Fort Wayne, some were excited to see snow for the first time, so we sent them this... cleaned up the language a bit :00008359:

A Southerner moves North

Jan.10 - It’s starting to snow. The first of the season and the first I’ve seen in years. The significant other and I took our hot buttered rum and sat by the picture window watching the soft flakes drift down, clinging to the trees, and covering the ground. It was absolutely beautiful!!!

Jan.11 - We awoke to beautiful blanket of crystal white snow covering the landscape. What a fantastic sight. Every tree and shrub covered with a beautiful mantle. I shoveled snow for the first time and loved it. I did both our driveway and our sidewalk... later a city snowplow came along and accidentally covered up our driveway with compacted snow from the street. The driver smiled and waved, I waved back and shoveled again.

Jan.12 - It snowed an additional 5” last night and the temperature has dropped to 11 degrees. Several limbs on the trees and the shrubs snapped due to the weight of the snow. I shoveled our driveway again. Shortly afterward the snowplow came by and did his trick again. Much of the snow is now brownish-gray.

Jan.13 - Warmed up enough during the day to create some slush, which soon became ice when the temperature dropped again. Bought new snow tires for both cars. Fell on my butt in the driveway, $145.00 to a chiropractor, but nothing broken. More snow and ice expected!

Jan.14 - Still cold! Sold the wife’s car and bought a 4x4 in order to get her to work. Slid into guardrail anyway and did considerable amount of damage to the rear quarter-panel. Had another 8” of the white shit last night. Both vehicles covered with salt and crud. More shoveling in store for today. That son-of-a-bitch in the snowplow came by twice today!

Jan 15 - 2 degrees outside. More forking snow. Not a tree or shrub on our property that hasn’t been damaged. Power was off most of the night. Tried to keep from freezing to death with candles and a kerosene heater, which tipped over and nearly burned the house down. I managed to put the flames out but suffered second degree burns on my hands and lost all my eyelashes and eyebrows. Car slid on ice on my way to the emergency room and was totaled.

Jan.16 – Sun-of-a-bitchin' mother forking white shit keeps on coming down! Have to put on all the clothes we own on just to get to the damn mailbox. If I ever catch the son-of-a-bitch that drives that damn snowplow, I’ll chew open his chest and rip out his heart! I think he hides around the corner and waits for me to shovel the driveway. Power still off. Toilet frozen and part of the roof has started to cave in.

Jan. 17 - Six hot damn more forking inches of forking snow, forking sleet, forking ice and who knows what other kind of white shit fell last night. I wounded the son-of-a-bitching’ snow plow asshole with an ice axe, but he got away. Wife left me. Car won’t start. I think I’m going snow blind. I can’t move my toes. Haven’t seen the sun in weeks. More snow predicted. Wind Chill minus 22 forking degrees. I’m moving back South!!!!

• Rained good all day Monday and and yesterday, but today we are looking better just a bit of drizzle on my ride into work. They were saying the rain would be back Thursday, but now they are only showing cloudy - weekend will be great

i-g84KmHr-X2.png

As a side note I have been very impressed at how dry I actually stay with my MeanSling Sport Top. Wearing a jacket and a full helmet I was doing great even in a heavy rain. Just had to wipe the face shield every fey minutes so I could see and only the left sleeve of my jacket was getting a bit wet - - unfortunately it all became moot when I went through a flooded intersection and the people going the other way nailed me with their wakes

Note to self - next time avoid routs where flooding is an issue - - -=O

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Thankfully they have somewhat downgraded our forecast. Now looking at 7 inches of snow on Saturday, with 30-35 MPH winds. Much better than the worst case they originally forecast at 15 inches with the same winds. We have freezing rain and snow (slushy mess) for today, but only 1-2 inches of it. Sunday night is to be windy with actual low being -5 degrees.

I'm ready for Spring, anyone else?

• Thankfully they have somewhat downgraded our forecast. Now looking at 7 inches of snow on Saturday, with 30-35 MPH winds. Much better than the worst case they originally forecast at 15 inches with the same winds. We have freezing rain and snow (slushy mess) for today, but only 1-2 inches of it. Sunday night is to be windy with actual low being -5 degrees.

I'm ready for Spring, anyone else?

Man sounds like sooooo much fun!.....

Love ya bro!

• FINALLY got some sunshine today after all the rains.... Tomorrow in Seattle....:00008643:

Heck, I removed my MeanSling top this afternoon - looks like great weather and no rain for at least 2 weeks.

• Heck, I removed my MeanSling top this afternoon - looks like great weather and no rain for at least 2 weeks.

Edward Neal I know!!! Hanging with my mom this week so gunna be good - when I get back will get the coolant tank issue taken care of then perhaps we can meet in PS or Joshua Tree. Will be in touch 😎

Go live not virtual !!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• i-6dGQrH3-X2.jpg

71 and beautiful

• So...I will say it again...if all you got is warm and sunny, you can all go and warm outside. We have nice and cool outside...Damn... it so frizzen cold!!!!

Drive so you can drive tomorrow, and remember that fun is always on the sunny side up.