UK_Paul's - Slingshot Build & Other Adventures -

• Great news today.

I finally got over to the Slingshot today, to check out the modification that I'd made to the earthing strap, on the battery.

Due to bad health it had taken, almost 2 months, to get this done and try turning the engine over.

Everything worked fine. The engine sprung strait into action after more than a year sitting, doing absolutely, nothing.... it sounded just so, so sweet.

My next job is to reconnect one of the angel-eyes (that has a broken lead, running to it). Then it will require, its yearly testing for road worthiness (known in the UK as an "MOT Test." https://www.gov.uk/getting-an-mot/the-mot-test ).

Assuming that all goes well, with the test, then my wife and I may get to enjoy the use of it, this year.

So one little step forward today, but a masive leap towards rideing again.

All the best, from UK_Paul

• Another update for you all, now.

Here is a picture of a Christmas present that my wife, Elaine, got me.

A unique, phone case, with the UK_Paull, Slingshot, printed on the cover. it came out great.

• GREAT NEWS.

But it's not directly Slingshot related:

😁

I have just received notification that I am approved for an SPK (Simultaneous Pancreas & Kidney) transplant.

😁

It is hoped that this can be carried out in the next 12-18 months, but I must have an apropriate match, first. So who knows?

My approval was dependent on some successful tests, after a heart opperation and these came through as OK.

Hopefully things are on the up for me, at last.

Wishing you all well.

UK_PAUL

Or as someone just said on Facebook.

😃 "Across the pond Sling brother." 😃

• Following up on a recent post.

I have today been activated on the transplant list so could get a call any day, from now. However it will probably take a very long time.

I have also been very worried that I may loose my driving licence, due to possible deterioration in my eyesight, but yesterday received a letter confirming that I had reached the leagal eyesight requirements, so may retain my licence.

Two pieces of great news.

:00008674:

• Well, with all this Carona Virus going about, I haven't been up to much recently. I've been self isolating, for almost 2 weeks.

Due to my various health problems and I'll remain total in lockdown, (never leaving the house), for at least another 11 more weeks, then who knows how much longer will be added on to that.

I hope you are all keeping well and protecting yourselves along with each other, from spreading this. It's going to get much worse, before it gets better, so...

Stay Safe.

• Well, with all this Carona Virus going about, I haven't been up to much recently. I've been self isolating, for almost 2 weeks.

Due to my various health problems and I'll remain total in lockdown, (never leaving the house), for at least another 11 more weeks, then who knows how much longer will be added on to that.

I hope you are all keeping well and protecting yourselves along with each other, from spreading this. It's going to get much worse, before it gets better, so...

Stay Safe.

We're doing the same UK_Paul but please don't believe what 'they' are telling you. This isn't the end of society as we know it. We made it this far and we'll continue on. Our government would like us to believe they are protecting us. They are not. Take care of yourselves while we do the same. Peace Brother!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• UK_Paul Considering your health issues it really is the best to stay at home and don't take any risks. Its sad now the weather is getting better, gas prices are cheap but not worth the risk.

Don't really think the UK had the peak yet but I hope it does.

It's not easy when you got a lot of time now but can't do anything to spend it. No rides, no sports to do or watch, ... its sad. But we'll have to get through it and keep on doing nothing for a couple of weeks (at best)

I'm happy to be still at work, otherwise I would get crazy. Being a truckdriver it now is very calm on the roads, almost no traffic.

• Well guys, it looks like many of you appear to think that the end is in site, soon. (We also get the reports of Trump pushing that veiw & saying it will all be over by Easter).

Unfortunately, the rest of the world, tends to think, this is just the start.

It will not last just a few weeks and we can then all go out to play again. The European veiw is that we may he living with this, continuing, for up to another 2 years, or untill an afective & safe immunisation appears (in 6-18 months). Or untill - 80% - of the population have contracted it and we achieve "herd immunity."

Our press appears to show Americans not taking this as seriously yet, as we are, in Europe.

Don't belive everything your leader tells you, as most of it is just to talk up the economy.

Things will get way worse, before they get any better.

Sorry to be so downbeat about it all, but I think that this is better to take a far more realistic veiw of our situation and prepare to dig in.

Stay safe

Edited 3 times, last by UK_Paul ().

• UK_Paul how are you doing over there these days? I've been feeling the isolation and have spent a lot of time on the phone with friends lately. I just want to hear your 'voice' and what is going on in the UK. Hope all is well with you and yours!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Well this is the latest, from your friend UK_Paul.

Everything is continuing on, the same way over here. We still appear to be isolating, way more strictly, than the US and it looks like that's borne out by the figures showing the rate that it's spreading, in our respective areas, at present. With an "R" factor of 0.5-1.25 in Europe and 2.5-3.0 in the US. (R = number of people infected by one person).

Personally I have only been in contact with 2 people, (other than my wife) in the last 6+ weeks. The two people were ambulance crew, and I had no option, other than to see them or report to Hospital, Casualty.

The weather is starting to improve a little now and I will go into our garden. However, will not go outside our ground, even though I live in the countryside. I'm unable to work on the Slingshot, as it remains, in storage and would be ileagal to try and bring it home. (Yes our European lockdown is that strict).

I hope you are all keeping your spirits up and dooing well.

We have a great community and it spreads a long way. It is good to be able to keep in contact, with such good friends.

Stay safe