Alpha Header HP Gain

• I was curious if anyone knew what the HP gain would be with the Alpha Headers. Added the Alpha header/Variable Exhaust combo in the shopping cart on Slingmods.com, I noticed that they stated the 1320 Headers "while gaining a manufacturer claimed 9HP over stock." but did not have that type of information included on the Alpha Headers. Not sure if Alpha just didn't supply the info???

I was just curious is someone from Slingmods, Alpha Powersports, or anyone that would know, could chime in with the HP gain from the Alpha headers.

Thank you SS community. Next up is to figure out who to send the ECM to for an update...

• Here is the website for the infamous Bob -

OBD Diagnostics

I am not sure if that is against forum rules, posting up that link, so if it is, very sorry, please delete this.

As for the power gained with the Alpha header or the 1320 header, I believe that is really going to depend on what other mods have been done to your Slingshot. We will be running a test of the Alpha vs. the 1320 with our supercharger kit this Saturday to see if there is any difference and will post up that info when we get done. It is not going to be completely relavant to a naturally aspirated setup, but will show if there is any difference at the flows of the supercharger kit.

Hope that helps,
    Dave

• "As for the power gained with the Alpha header or the 1320 header, I believe that is really going to depend on what other mods have been done to your Slingshot. We will be running a test of the Alpha vs. the 1320 with our supercharger kit this Saturday to see if there is any difference and will post up that info when we get done. It is not going to be completely relavant to a naturally aspirated setup, but will show if there is any difference at the flows of the supercharger kit.

Hope that helps,"
    Dave[/quote]

Wow, thank you for your help Dave, i currently only have the Alpha CAI installed. Was looking at the DDM short shifter vs the Alpha short shifter, people seemed to love the DDM short throw, so that's what I am going to go with, along with the Headers and exhaust.

• @JoeF. 's Slingshot was the first one we have had in with the Alpha header, most of the time we have had the 1320 headers coming, so we have wanted to get as much testing with those headers as possible. This morning we tested the Slingshot we are doing an engine build on which has our Rotrex Supercharger kit, 95mm pulley and Alpha header. We ran a dyno run on it earlier in the week and the runs were pretty consistent with what we saw originally (360HP today vs 358HP on Tuesday). After verifying that the power was consistent between the days, we then wanted to see if there was any difference between the Alpha header and the 1320 header at these power levels. We swapped the Alpha header to the 1320 header onto @JoeF. 's Slingshot and saw the peak power, peak torque and area under the curve increase. These power levels are probably well above what Alpha or 1320 designed their headers for, but at this power level there was a definite difference between the 2 header options. I am not sure if we will get the chance to try this on a naturally aspirated setup, but if we get the chance we will do it and I will try to get the results posted up for everyone.