Parting out "The Ultimate Trailer"

• I was one of the first to buy their enclosed model, same issues and design problems. I realized fairly quickly their concept had serious flaws, put it in dispute with my credit company, got a full refund (minus the exorbitant MA sales tax I had to pay), and UT paid a shipping company to have it picked up. I don't know why they did that, definitely wasn't worth the cost to ship it back, but that was their decision. Never looked back, and am now happy with an open model Slingthing trailer.

• @roadog1aj, I think the fact they left it there shows their mentality! Or they are reporting it stolen!

@Bill Martin, thank you - if I knew where to begin! I checked 'Would not recommend' on their survey - next screen was 'what is the problem & how can we fix it?' I can't help but wonder if something has them a bit worried. I would have said, 'give me a new trailer', but I sure as heck don't want it!

Not long ago, I got a voice mail and an e-mail from them letting me know they now could finance a trailer. The guy left his name and number. When I called the number, it is to the girl I usually talk to at U-T. I asked for the guy and she hesitated, talked to someone and then told me he was out of the office. Did not offer to take a message as I recall. Gettin' pretty fishy.

• @roadog1aj, I think the fact they left it there shows their mentality! Or they are reporting it stolen!

@Bill Martin, thank you - if I knew where to begin! I checked 'Would not recommend' on their survey - next screen was 'what is the problem & how can we fix it?' I can't help but wonder if something has them a bit worried. I would have said, 'give me a new trailer', but I sure as heck don't want it!

Not long ago, I got a voice mail and an e-mail from them letting me know they now could finance a trailer. The guy left his name and number. When I called the number, it is to the girl I usually talk to at U-T. I asked for the guy and she hesitated, talked to someone and then told me he was out of the office. Did not offer to take a message as I recall. Gettin' pretty fishy.

Chances of getting a cash refund without litigation would be pretty slim IMO knowing what little I do about this. The fact that you don't want to deal with them or the defective trailer further complicates the issue. It is a shame that the powers that be never deemed it necessary to create a "lemon law" for trailers. It still really burns my butt when vendors don't stand behind their product.... especially with what they are charging for this sub standard piece of equipment. If there is anything I can do - I will do anything I can! I know that sounds pretty lame...almost as lame as Ultimate Trailers. :(

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• You are right @Slunglow - MANY times an attorney letter greases a squeaky wheel, but, I believe UT is manufactured in Colorado?? Consequently a letter from an out of state attorney would be kind of an empty threat since @adventure4me doesn't want to haul the defective trailer back to the manufacturer - ya gotta give em a chance to make it right even though they have not been able to do so thus far. Just a very sad situation!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Use the most evil tool on earth the internet

Start a website about you experience with the trailer pick a heading that will pop up anytime someone searches.
    Something like Honest Reviews of the ultimate trailer

The will come to you to have it taken down - then you can deal.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Hey Anita, I am really sorry to hear of your predicament with this awful product. You stand to lose a good amount of money, on something the manufacturer said was first rate. It's just not right. Your troubles with this trailer are documented for sure. If that company would just refund your money, it might help salvage their reputation. However, I fear that will not happen, and they'll be happy to keep shovin it up the ass of the next customer in line.
    Again, I'm really sorry this has happened.

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• I'll wait a bit to see if they respond to my reply to their survey. I had already planned to send them a letter that won't be complimentary. Since they are willing to 'fix' it, I believe that leaves me nowhere. Certainly will try to get the word out there as @MACAWS suggested. What they have done isn't right, but at this point of my life, I'm all about living. Of course, you could all start a letter/email campaign to tell them what a**holes they are for cheating a little ole lady! :) Thanks for all the support!

• Anita, Your name is available !!!!

[*]

• Online Marketing

[*]Even the best products go unsold if customers don’t know where to find them. Give your
    <a class="btn btn-purchase nextStep ng-binding" ng-class="(currentlyPending < 1 && (exactResult.isBlocked || (exactResult.isNotAvailable && !exactResult.isPremium && !exactResult.isPrivateSale && !exactResult.isAuction && !exactResult.isPremiumWithTmsData)) || (!exactResult.isPurchasable && (tmsDisplay.free_indicator == 'false'))) ? 'btn-purchase nextStep flt-btn-inactive' : 'btn-purchase nextStep'" ng-click="(currentlyPending < 1 && (exactResult.isBlocked || (exactResult.isNotAvailable && !exactResult.isPremium && !exactResult.isPrivateSale && !exactResult.isAuction && !exactResult.isPremiumWithTmsData)) || (!exactResult.isPurchasable && (tmsDisplay.free_indicator == 'false'))) ? '': continueToCart()" ng-hide="hideContinueToCart">Continue to Cart Search Again 1 domain selected0 domains selected<a class="font-base showSkipToCart ng-binding" ng-click="skipConfigAndGotoCart()">Continue without my free domain > 0 && !tmsDisplay.hide_banner">We can give you only one domain for $8.99, but feel free to add others at regular price. We were unable to complete your search. Please try again.Yes! Your domain is available. Buy it before someone else does. honestreviewsoftheultimatetrailer.com <a class="btn btn-primary btn-lg ng-binding" ng-click="addDomainToPending(exactResult,'dppsr_extnd_avail')" ng-show="!exactResult.isSelected && !exactResult.verifyDomainAvailability && !exactResult.failedToAddDomain">SelectSelected <a class="btn btn-act action-remove btn-lg ng-binding ng-hide" ng-click="removeDomainFromPending(exactResult); removeBundleIfSelected();" ng-show="exactResult.isSelected && (tmsDisplay.select_and_continue !== 'true' || tmsDisplay.select_and_continue === 'true' && tmsDisplay.offer_not_qualified === 'true' )">Remove Verifying availability... This domain isn't available. $14.99* $2.99/year* when you register for 2 years or more.1st year price $2.99 Additional years $14.99Learn More Restrictions apply. Restrictions apply. honestreviewsoftheultimatetrailer.us Add this: $1.00/year* honestreviewsoftheultimatetrailer.us - Verifying availability... honestreviewsoftheultimatetrailer.us - This domain isn't available. when you register for 2 years or more.1st year price $1.00 Additional years $19.99Get 3 and Save 69% Add this and save 69% All domains have been successfully added to your cart Select<a class="text-primary action-added ng-binding ng-hide" ng-click="removeBundleFromPending(domainBundleResult)" ng-show="domainBundleResult.IsSelected">Selected <a class="btn btn-act action-remove btn-lg ng-binding ng-hide" ng-click="removeBundleFromPending(domainBundleResult)" ng-show="domainBundleResult.IsSelected">Remove $53.97* $17.00* Verifying availability... These domains are not available.

• honestreviewsoftheultimatetrailer.net
    • honestreviewsoftheultimatetrailer.org
    • honestreviewsoftheultimatetrailer.info
  • I'll wait a bit to see if they respond to my reply to their survey. I had already planned to send them a letter that won't be complimentary. Since they are willing to 'fix' it, I believe that leaves me nowhere. Certainly will try to get the word out there as @MACAWS suggested. What they have done isn't right, but at this point of my life, I'm all about living. Of course, you could all start a letter/email campaign to tell them what a**holes they are for cheating a little ole lady! :) Thanks for all the support!

I think we could get a forum driven letter campaign going.

If someone with a little legal experience could draft a letter letting them know that they need to refund the purchase amount as fair compensation for all the aggravation and expense it has cost our most valued member or we will circulate this letter to everyone on every slingshot forum and every slingshot dealer.

We could copy the letter add our names and addresses and mail them. e have over 850 members here!
    That would be a pretty impressive mail bag!

I am in

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!