Slingshots Uncorked (Fri, Apr 7th 2017, 9:00am - Sun, Apr 9th 2017, 12:00pm)

Date

Slingshots Uncorked

Fri, Apr 7th 2017, 8:00 am - Sun, Apr 9th 2017, 11:00 am

Clarksville, VA 23927, USA

Participants

17 participants, 1 undecided and 1 does not participate

Closing Date: Apr 7th 2017, 8:00 am
  • Holy cow @MACAWS this just got Beth's approval. She loves wine, so we will be there!

We're is @ethermion? He is a wine connoisseur.

In. Need to talk to my lovely bride, but will post even if I have to ride solo.

Too humble (y'all know me) to say I am a connoisseur, but I do enjoy wine. I enjoy wine often. Very often. And I am focusing on Virginia wines - hit 77 wineries so far.

• In. Need to talk to my lovely bride, but will post even if I have to ride solo.
    Too humble (y'all know me) to say I am a connoisseur, but I do enjoy wine. I enjoy wine often. Very often. And I am focusing on Virginia wines - hit 77 wineries so far.

Connman loves wine as well. His favorite wine is: I want to go to FLORIDA

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Connman loves wine as well. His favorite wine is: I want to go to FLORIDA

Yeah, sure. Just got back from a few days in Florida. Few people there look like that. Lots of tats, lots of ugly in bikinis, lots you can't tell gender. And, median age is 75. I want to stay in VIRGINIA.

Never trust a conman.

• In. Need to talk to my lovely bride, but will post even if I have to ride solo.

You know we did consider calling the event _ Slingshots and Eric's Favorite Thing To Do

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• We don't know yet. Have to see what KayTwo's orders look like. Hoping things will start solidifying by the end of the week, but depends on the Navy, so who the hell knows?

@av8ingtom - What she said. Everything from February through May is in flux, and could go as long as June. And, once we do get our plans solidified, we have to do something as a departure party!

We order you to come - the hell with the Navy

Sounds good to me, but I don't think that would play too well with a few other folks who kind of have a vote on it....but we'll try.

• UPDATE on Wine Festival Tickets

I spoke with the organizers today and tickets will not be available until sometime in February, I have requested a group discount on advance purchases for Slingshots and they are going to work on it for me.

I also spoke with Brewer Cycles and they are happy to put something together for Friday April 7th once I can give them a firm head count. Please make sure you update that you will participate.

I would like to poll everyone coming as to what you would like for us to do on Sunday morning, boat rides on the lake were a great hit at our last event.

Thanks
    Mitch

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Yeah, sure. Just got back from a few days in Florida. Few people there look like that. Lots of tats, lots of ugly in bikinis, lots you can't tell gender. And, median age is 75. I want to stay in VIRGINIA.
    Never trust a conman.

It's not my fault you were either in South Florida (sorry Ivor) or the WEST coast of Florida. That's where we banish all the ugly bikini wearing people

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• @av8ingtom - What she said. Everything from February through May is in flux, and could go as long as June. And, once we do get our plans solidified, we have to do something as a departure party!

Sounds good to me, but I don't think that would play too well with a few other folks who kind of have a vote on it....but we'll try.

You know we hate to see you leave this area. It is because of you and @V-SHOT that I found out about this forum. Yes I was on the dark side then. We will have a departure get together for sure. I for one will miss @sideseatdriver cookies, but I think @V-SHOT will have major withdrawal issues. You might consider setting John up on a monthly cookie allotment just to ease the withdrawals. We will however always stay connected thru the forum, and hopefully continue to see each other at slingshot gatherings.

• I will not be able to get there until Saturday morning, so I would not be able to attend any Friday functions. As far as Sunday goes, I am up for a ride on the country roads around Kerr lake/Dam area. Beautiful area to ride in.

• You know we hate to see you leave this area. It is because of you and @V-SHOT that I found out about this forum. Yes I was on the dark side then. We will have a departure get together for sure. I for one will miss @sideseatdriver cookies, but I think @V-SHOT will have major withdrawal issues. You might consider setting John up on a monthly cookie allotment just to ease the withdrawals. We will however always stay connected thru the forum, and hopefully continue to see each other at slingshot gatherings.

We're keeping @sideseatdriver and the kids with us!!! @KayTwo is transferring by himself!!!!!! COOKIES FOR EVERYONE!!!!! :00008172::00008356:

• I would like to poll everyone coming as to what you would like for us to do on Sunday morning, boat rides on the lake were a great hit at our last event.

The boat ride was indeed awesome, but I suspect that the beginning of April has the potential be quite raw and miserable out on the water with the wind whipping down the crack of your ass.

My dad always used to say, "You gotta be a little miserable to be happy," and we sure had some happy days out on the water or in the woods when I was a kid, but my better half does not subscribe to that philosophy, and the kids are too young to appreciate their old man's sadistic tendencies (if we bring them).

• We can check in to the "Magnuson Hotel @ 2 PM so around 3 PM we can participate in what ever you plan.

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch