Cams + Supercharger = Happiness

• We have been super busy, but finally had time to test some custom cams we had made for us and the results were pretty awesome.

For those that are not super familiar with the cams on the LE5/LE9, the cams have integrated passages in the front that allow oil to flow up to and back from the cam actuators on the front of them. This VVT mechanism is really a nice benefit, but because of the passages in the front of the cams, cam blanks are not available. This has left the options for cams in the past limited to reducing the base circle on the cams slightly, which does increase lift, but does not really change duration much. The duration is what is going to allow the engine to breathe in the upper RPM range and is what we were after with these cams, since it also complimented the power profile of the Rotrex supercharger also. The custom cams we had made for us increased the duration of the intake cam 19 degrees and the exhaust cam duration was increased 25 degrees overall. This allowed the engine to breathe much better on the top end of the RPM range with some drop in torque in the lower RPM range, which was the tradeoff that we were looking for, the end result was 358HP at the wheels @10.5PSI.

We will be posting up more information on the pricing and install of these in a little bit. These can be installed on an otherwise stock head also without any modifications.

As always, if you have any questions, just let us know!
    Dave

• Would be interested in seeing dyno results for a NA Slingshot with the new camshaft...

Yeap, we are too. The engine that we tested this on was a stock engine and we are about to pull it and put a built engine in, when we do that, we will also pull the test cams out and put them in our test slingshot which is actually completely stock right now, except for our intake. It will probably be a little bit until that happens though since we have a lot going on in January. With the supercharger we saw about 20-30HP over normal power at 8.5-10.5psi, so I would guess that on a naturally aspirated engine, probably 10-15HP should be in the ballpark naturally aspirated.

• Awesome... This was with a stock engine /DDM Works supercharger with the normal 100mm pulley....this is super HOT! Cant wait to see the price. GREAT work guys!!!!

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• Awesome... This was with a stock engine /DDM Works supercharger with the normal 100mm pulley....this is super HOT! Cant wait to see the price. GREAT work guys!!!!

I thought the superchargers with the included pulley were 8-9PSI? So, at 10.5 that's a pulley change and belt? Can't wait to see the price point on these....first I need that exhaust and header @Dave@DDMWorks...hint hint, wink wink ;):HEADERSS:wink-squared

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• Did yall have the parking brake on when you made that dyno pull.. lol. :):):):)

JUST MESSING WITH YA @Dave@DDMWorks

That is pretty damn good for a stock engine and a blower.

• I thought the superchargers with the included pulley were 8-9PSI? So, at 10.5 that's a pulley change and belt? Can't wait to see the price point on these....first I need that exhaust and header @Dave@DDMWorks...hint hint, wink wink ;):HEADERSS:wink-squared

Ahhhh yes I think your right @WraithSS - I will be refreshing the DDMWorks website every hour....Price price price...Please Sale... Please Sale.... Please Sale......ding ding ding SOLD!!!! @rabtech we need a picture of a CAM shaft now PLEASE Brother!!

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,

• I thought the superchargers with the included pulley were 8-9PSI? So, at 10.5 that's a pulley change and belt? Can't wait to see the price point on these....first I need that exhaust and header @Dave@DDMWorks...hint hint, wink wink ;):HEADERSS:wink-squared

The stock 105mm pulley typically puts out around 8 ish PSI, this setup was running the 95mm pulley and that is the increase in flow and boost pressure. The pressure is actually slightly lower than typically what we will see with the 95mm pulley though, since the cams flow better, the pressure is actually lower but the airflow is higher :)

@Dave@DDMWorks Question... no need to change the springs ...like stronger springs or lifters?

Thanks

No need to change the valve springs since the rev limiter is not changed and valve lift is pretty close to stock cams.

• The stock 105mm pulley typically puts out around 8 ish PSI, this setup was running the 95mm pulley and that is the increase in flow and boost pressure. The pressure is actually slightly lower than typically what we will see with the 95mm pulley though, since the cams flow better, the pressure is actually lower but the airflow is higher :)

No need to change the valve springs since the rev limiter is not changed and valve lift is pretty close to stock cams.

The stock 105mm pulley typically puts out around 8 ish PSI, this setup was running the 95mm pulley and that is the increase in flow and boost pressure. The pressure is actually slightly lower than typically what we will see with the 95mm pulley though, since the cams flow better, the pressure is actually lower but the airflow is higher :)

Thanks Dave... That lower psi is a safe thing... this makes the engine much happier... I like this!!!

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,