Awesome off-road 2x2

• 2 years ago I bought a ratted out Honda Fat Cat for $700 just to have some fun & make a few $. They are highly collectible due to limited production years (along with the Yamaha Big Wheel - very similar). Put another $700 into it, sold it for $2200 (made $800 & rode it out in the desert all summer!). Whole lot of fun. Engine ran fine but owner said it had a cutting out problem he couldn't figure out (I figured out it was just a bad ignition coil/coil wire; :thumbup: $10 fix). Rest of $ spent mostly on cosmetic restoration, along with a new drive chain & a carb rebuild. Restored to stock but bought a custom embroidered seat cover to cover ratted out old seat & added front & rear luggage racks, rifle rack & tool tubes. Came out sweet!

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• 2 years ago I bought a ratted out Honda Fat Cat for $700 just to have some fun & make a few $. They are highly collectible due to limited production years (along with the Yamaha Big Wheel - very similar). Put another $700 into it, sold it for $2200 (made $800 & rode it out in the desert all summer!). Whole lot of fun. Engine ran fine but owner said it had a cutting out problem he couldn't figure out (I figured out it was just a bad ignition coil/coil wire; :thumbup: $10 fix). Rest of $ spent mostly on cosmetic restoration, along with a new drive chain & a carb rebuild. Restored to stock but bought a custom embroidered seat cover to cover ratted out old seat & added front & rear luggage racks, rifle rack & tool tubes. Came out sweet!

NICE!!!! I had a choice in mid 80's to get one, but picked a 70 Quad back then..Thats where it all started.....

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

• ROKON's have been around in one form or another for many, many years. Interesting history. They are extremely reliable & hold their value very well (& they are PRICEY for what they are). They are difficult to find used - people just keep 'em! They even make some for our military to use (also US Forest Service). 3 different models available. Not much on top end but they'll get ya' about anywhere - perfect bug out vehicle. Still may add a Rokon to my stable one of these days. Quite happy with my TW200 though (& it's street legal)...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• I have a fat cat and have ridden a rokon. Both awesome. I had a Honda trail 70 when I was younger was my dad's when he was a kid. Fat cats are hard to find got mine from a relative who was getting rid of it.

• If I remember correctly, the Fat Cat only had power at the rear wheel, right? And it wasn't quite as light as the Rokon.

The Russian bike that @Orangeman mentioned...I've seen that video, even explored trying to buy one, but they aren't in production, and their website is now down, so I sincerely doubt we'd ever find one.

One of you friggin' geniuses needs to come up with a lightweight, inexpensive competitor to the Rokon. I'd buy like four. :P