Bed Liner Questions

• Hi All,

Happy New Year! If this is already a duplicated topic, please disregard. I did a search but couldn't seem to find anything.

I am tossing around the idea of bed lining the entire slingshot. This would have to be professionally done, as I am only mechanically inclined enough to do some aftermarket mods. Definitely do not have any painting or body work skills like @ Painter.

Does anyone have any experience? Thoughts or concerns? I really like the look and the strength of it (no more rock chips). I personally think it looks bad ass. Although, I haven't seen anyone with it, so am I missing something? I am in north east Pennsylvania, and am thinking I could extend the riding season a bit more too. Won't have to worry about the salt, surface rust, etc. Just looking for some opinions. Thanks in advance.

Keep Slinging.

• I can't speak from a technical/paint perspective, but I will say that when I Line-Xed the bed of my truck, I added a couple hundred pounds to the weight of the vehicle. Done right, it's not light. Not sure if you're talking about just doing the frame, or the whole underside of the plastic tub, but I would think weight might be an issue. And if you are doing the whole underside, you'd have to think about durability on the plastic. Don't know how well it would wear on that.

Besides @Painter, the other one who might know would be @Ruptured Duck - the lining treatment seems to be popular in the Jeep community.

• Thanks for the input. Yes, thinking of coating the entire underside including the plastic tub. And then the exterior body parts, hood, etc. I was looking at Line X brand as it seems to be the most well regarded, and is the thinnest lightest material.

• Liner could be good for lower front dam, undercarriages, frame, etc. but I sure would not cover the painted panels...... unless you really want it to look like an ATV! I'm sure it would add significant weight as well.

• A fully covered sling would look very Mad Max... with the right Mickey Thompson Baja tires it would look very unique and baddass...

#02828 January 2015 build date.
    Here to assist anyone in the Denver area.

• I get it. Lol. I do like the way it looks though. Line X claims that it will only add approximately 90lbs when the entire "full size" vehicle is sprayed at 65 mils. I have a Black SL LE. I basically just wanted to cover the entire slingshot with the existing colors using the Line X. There is no way the slingshot would be classified as a full size vehicle.

Like I said just thinking about it, wanted to get everyone's valuable opinion on here and then go visit the Line X guys. Is the additional wait (100 lbs) or so something that I really need to think about?

• Line X claims that it will only add approximately 90lbs when the entire "full size" vehicle is sprayed at 65 mils.

Like I said, I have LineX, applied professionally by the company to their specs. 8 ft bed, over the rails, including tailgate, added ~200 lbs. However, that was several years ago, so perhaps they have refined their product and/or application process.

• I say do it! If you've got the cash, get your vision out there... Everyone is always crazy until they are the first, and then accepted... If it's a hit, others might follow, if not, as long as you like it...

I saw a Camaro sprayed and it looked really sinister...

• I get it. Lol. I do like the way it looks though. Line X claims that it will only add approximately 90lbs when the entire "full size" vehicle is sprayed at 65 mils. I have a Black SL LE. I basically just wanted to cover the entire slingshot with the existing colors using the Line X. There is no way the slingshot would be classified as a full size vehicle.

Like I said just thinking about it, wanted to get everyone's valuable opinion on here and then go visit the Line X guys. Is the additional wait (100 lbs) or so something that I really need to think about?

also Rhino

• Went to line x today. Total estimated weight of 200 lbs or less. Will do the entire slingshot (body panels, tub inside and out, etc) for 2k. This is Line x platinum which has a uv inhibitor and a very nice shine to it versus Line x standard.

Took the better half with me, and she likes the look based on the vehicles sprayed in the show room. They had a Nissan GT-R, Audi TT, a chevy Silverado, and a Jeep all sprayed. They even had two jet skis sprayed.

I also googled Line x full vehicle spray and found a Camaro that was sprayed inside and out. It was a joint build with West Coast Customs. I tired putting a link in to the video, but I must be doing something wrong. Anyways it looked sharp and indestructible.

Think we are going to pull the trigger in a few weeks!

• that's gonna look awesome. I'm glad I live so far away, so I can copy after I see yours.

#02828 January 2015 build date.
    Here to assist anyone in the Denver area.