Questions about smoking the taillights with spray tint.

• I am wanting to smoke my taillights and am looking for advice. Seems like the only options are to spray tint them with either Plasti-dip or VHT nightshade. I am a perfectionist and they must look perfect however I am afraid to try this with the SS because of the hard angles the taillights have. The Plasti-dip can be removed if you make a mistake, however it seems like you have to put it on in pretty thick coats which increases the chance for runs. VHT looks better but you get one shot or it is going to cost you new taillights.

I am also wondering if it would be best to dismantle the taillights and tint the inside of the clear lens. I think any runs would be less noticeable and you will not have to clear coat them. I have never seen a great job with anyone that has spray tinted their lights so I am apprehensive.

So has anyone here done this and did you like the result? Do you have any up close pics?

Thanks

Always be yourself unless you can be Batman.
    Then be Batman!

• I used the VHT nightshade, and I liked the look. But after having several people say they couldn't see my turn signals. I only had two coats on and I had no problem seeing my signals, I decided to remove it. I had clear coated over it as well. I lightly sanded through the clear coat, and then wiped the VHT off with lacquer thinner and alcohol. It left the lights looking like new. So if you ever decide to remove the shading, it's possible as long as you take your time, and don't get too enthusiastic with the sand paper. I wouldn't recommend using sandpaper if you haven't clear coated them though.