Open trailers and rest stops

• We made it to the keys monday(beautiful weather low 80's and breeze) .I have seen about 4 or 5 other slingshots down here (anyone one here?). Now to the forum title,We stoped and slept at rest stop on the turnpike . I checked the trailer and all straps when we stoped every thing looked good. About 7 am I heard a noise from the trailer, by the time I got my pants on and when to look no one was around but a 2" strap was cut ( or miraculously broke in the middle ,this was a new strap). Moaral is check all your straps/tie downs before pulling out from a stop. Luckily I use twice the tie downs needed and carry extras.

• Speaking of open trailers...
    A biker buddy of mine is a over the road truck driver specializing in "VERY" large and wide loads. (GE gas fired power plant turbines, blades for wind farm generators and such.) So the other day he tells me he was hauling a tank and when he came out of the truck stop and did his walk around inspection he found some homeless dude asleep in the tank...
    Well I'm picturing a "tank" like a tanker truck, he says no a "TANK" as in M1 Abrams !

He told the guy "Hey man you can't be in there... you gotta go! The guy grabbed his backpack, climbed out and took off walking. Sad part is my buddy has no idea how long (how many miles) the guy was in there. Probably a homeless vet saw something familiar and decided to go for a ride. :/:(

• Speaking of open trailers...
    A biker buddy of mine is a over the road truck driver specializing in "VERY" large and wide loads. (GE gas fired power plant turbines, blades for wind farm generators and such.) So the other day he tells me he was hauling a tank and when he came out of the truck stop and did his walk around inspection he found some homeless dude asleep in the tank...
    Well I'm picturing a "tank" like a tanker truck, he says no a "TANK" as in M1 Abrams !

He told the guy "Hey man you can't be in there... you gotta go! The guy grabbed his backpack, climbed out and took off walking. Sad part is my buddy has no idea how long (how many miles) the guy was in there. Probably a homeless vet saw something familiar and decided to go for a ride. :/:(

That's badass. I'd hitch a ride in one of those just to turn the gun to the rear and train it on passing/tailgating vehicles to make people freak out. Who cares where I end up, just hop a freight train back!