• $35.00 per hour wet (including fuel) when I started flying. Those days are gone.

I have all my classroom and 20 hrs seat time but decided it was too rich for my blood 2 yrs ago. The going rate here is 275hr instructor and plane. Every time I went up for 1-1/2 hrs which seemed like minutes was a $400 bill. Or in US funds $35. Wife asked me why I was taking flying lessons and I really didn't have a answer for her so I kind of gave it up.

• I have all my classroom and 20 hrs seat time but decided it was too rich for my blood 2 yrs ago. The going rate here is 275hr instructor and plane. Every time I went up for 1-1/2 hrs which seemed like minutes was a $400 bill. Or in US funds $35. Wife asked me why I was taking flying lessons and I really didn't have a answer for her so I kind of gave it up.

@gooseman

Flying was my passion for 9 years. Flew several nights after work, and on the weekends. My daughter was my CoPilot. I had my own Plane back then so it was so much easier.

Went thru a Divorce in 2000 and had to sell my plane. Still rented planes but my flying decreased a lot. Was riding Harley's for 35 years and my multiple knee surgeries ended that. Then the SLINGSHOT. I had no idea when I purchased my Slingshot that I would meet so many amazing people. The Harley community and the Flying community are nothing compared to the Slingshot community. Yes I love my Slingshot, but I love what it has brought into my life even more. Friendships are PRICELESS and I am so thankful for everyone in our Slingshot community.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

AND HAPPY NEW YEAR.

• Well said @av8ingtom! The kindness in this group keeps me holding on to my Sling like some of you might hold on to your guns!

I'm not going to lie, with the 3rd baby here, and possible funding cuts to my wife's profession (when she decides to go back), there had been discussions about selling the Sling... My heart drops! I'll sell my daily driver first and figure it out than part with the Sling...

Maybe I'm crazy... But it's this community's fault!

• Well said @av8ingtom! The kindness in this group keeps me holding on to my Sling like some of you might hold on to your guns!

I'm not going to lie, with the 3rd baby here, and possible funding cuts to my wife's profession (when she decides to go back), there had been discussions about selling the Sling... My heart drops! I'll sell my daily driver first and figure it out than part with the Sling...

I feel the same way about the SlingShot and the community surrounding it. There is no better.

@MiM don't worry we won't let you get away!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

Sorry to even hear that, we went thru rough times also financially. After a loooong time I was able to buy the SS. And I can't see to let go of here, I would sell my truck and walk to work before to let go brother.
    I "we" wish you all the best.

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• OK, I'll try this. I started in woodworking, had my own shop making tables, chairs, kitchens cabinets. Going well, making decent money. My family were cops. Mom in corrections, brother deputy. I started as a deputy 19 years ago, part time, still working in the shop. 12 years ago I decided to be a deputy full time. Worked with feds on multijurisdictional terrorist force till this past year. I studied martial arts for the past 34 year. Jujitsu, Kempo Karate, Modern Arnis, Tia Kown Do, you name it. Over the years, I became a Master diver and Dive Master in scuba diving with PADI. Specialize in deep dive, night dive, search and recovery, dry suit, cave and ice diving. Today, I'm the sheriff in the county I grew up in. Not as good as some of you, but I'm happy.

• OK, I'll try this. I started in woodworking, had my own shop making tables, chairs, kitchens cabinets. Going well, making decent money. My family were cops. Mom in corrections, brother deputy. I started as a deputy 19 years ago, part time, still working in the shop. 12 years ago I decided to be a deputy full time. Worked with feds on multijurisdictional terrorist force till this past year. I studied martial arts for the past 34 year. Jujitsu, Kempo Karate, Modern Arnis, Tia Kown Do, you name it. Over the years, I became a Master diver and Dive Master in scuba diving with PADI. Specialize in deep dive, night dive, search and recovery, dry suit, cave and ice diving. Today, I'm the sheriff in the county I grew up in. Not as good as some of you, but I'm happy.

You said the magic words @Shatneyman "I'm happy", I say that's ultimate success!

Sounds to me like your are playing at the top of the game. Law enforcement at all levels need all the positive support we can give them. Be safe out there and have a Merry Christmas and best for 2017.

agree with @Chowder..... If happy you are more successful than the majority of people regardless of what they do. I'm not getting rich but I'm happy and love my job. It's fun when you feel like you found your calling. Took a huge cut in salary to go work for the current company. Quality of life went up 10 fold. Was able to pretty much develop my current job... Happy is what it should really be all about. Congrats @Shatneyman

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Thanks @FunCycle, @mytoy, and @MACAWS!

And @Shatneyman, @Chowder and @Ruptured Duck are spot on... That's why I taught... Everyday with the kids is so different than the day before... They keep me in the work. Harder being a principal, but I get to visit way more classes and get to know way more kids than just my 22 (or 44/66 if departmentalized). I now have 900+ kids.

And @sideseatdriver, don't know if you've seen this, but I show it to my first year teachers every year...

• ^^^ That's a WINNER @MiM! Crystal's sister, my youngest, is a teacher & does it because that's her passion. Proud of her. I'll be sharing that with her - thank you! :thumbup:

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• MiM Thanks for sharing that video. I spent 9 years in a Middle School math classroom (some of us are just a little slow).