• My sister in law just came over crying about what her daughter had done(been a lot of stuff this is the latest).I am glad our youngest is 29 (by today's standards they would put me in jail for parenting). The world is lost....but I gave my wife and sister in law $100 to go get their nails done, does that not qualifying for a set of qa1 coilovers or what.
    But the real issue is parents can no longer disepline their children without fear of the government but they must still be liable for them....talk about having your hands tied.

• My wife and I talk about this all the time. We are pretty strict with our kids, because it's not our job to be their buddies, it's our job to raise decent human beings. We talk a lot about the line we have to walk between our style and preferences, and what we have to worry about other people saying, or worse, reporting. (Like that couple in Maryland who got in trouble for letting their kids walk to the playground alone - absolutely ridiculous.) But we're in agreement that we will continue to walk our own path, and let the chips fall where they may. Morally preferable to raising the weak, whiny, scared, useless children I see in the news every day who have to seek safe places and comforting environments just because they witnessed a micro-aggression and got their feelings hurt.

Jesus, don't get me started.

• My wife and I talk about this all the time. We are pretty strict with our kids, because it's not our job to be their buddies, it's our job to raise decent human beings. We talk a lot about the line we have to walk between our style and preferences, and what we have to worry about other people saying, or worse, reporting. (Like that couple in Maryland who got in trouble for letting their kids walk to the playground alone - absolutely ridiculous.) But we're in agreement that we will continue to walk our own path, and let the chips fall where they may. Morally preferable to raising the weak, whiny, scared, useless children I see in the news every day who have to seek safe places and comforting environments just because they witnessed a micro-aggression and got their feelings hurt.

Jesus, don't get me started. Can I double like?

• My dad passed away in 2008 and I still have flashbacks of my dad hitting my legs with a 64" long 2" wide leather belt when I do something stupid. I will always believe that ass whipping if done correctly and often gets results!

And I also believe that it doesn't apply to all kids. My daughter is a perfect child and has never had a whipping.. And I bet if anyone walks up to her she will say YES MAM AND NO SIR AND PLEASE AND THANK YOU.

I can honestly say that I deserved every red mark I received on my legs and butt..

• My dad passed away in 2008 and I still have flashbacks of my dad hitting my legs with a 64" long 2" wide leather belt when I do something stupid. I will always believe that ass whipping if done correctly and often gets results!

Made me the man that I am today.
    Okay. Stop laughing!!!!!! :00008172::00008356:

• @sideseatdriver & @KayTwo. I have little doubt that you two won't do a bang up job raising your kids. That being said - I certainly do not envy your job due to our deteriorating society. Many of us here have already raised our kids and are having a good time spoiling the grandkids. With the education system doing very little to prepare young ones for life in the real world it falls squarely on the shoulders of the parent. Sub standard schooling accompanied by decaying moral fiber along with governmental intrusion into parenting and discipline makes it a monumental challenge. Pretty sure a lot of us here were disciplined in the "wood shed" and we all survived (albeit with a very sore behind) so you two stick to your guns and instill your values - ya might have a President your grooming for there!!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• @sideseatdriver & @KayTwo. I have little doubt that you two won't do a bang up job raising your kids. That being said - I certainly do not envy your job due to our deteriorating society. Many of us here have already raised our kids and are having a good time spoiling the grandkids. With the education system doing very little to prepare young ones for life in the real world it falls squarely on the shoulders of the parent. Sub standard schooling accompanied by decaying moral fiber along with governmental intrusion into parenting and discipline makes it a monumental challenge. Pretty sure a lot of us here were disciplined in the "wood shed" and we all survived (albeit with a very sore behind) so you two stick to your guns and instill your values - ya might have a President your grooming for there!!!

You also have to realize we have accepted the fact our kids are going to need a therapist, so why not give them something to tell the shrink? ;):P:rolleyes:

And I also believe that it doesn't apply to all kids. My daughter is a perfect child and has never had a whipping.. And I bet if anyone walks up to her she will say YES MAM AND NO SIR AND PLEASE AND THANK YOU.

I can honestly say that I deserved every red mark I received on my legs and butt..

I fully agree not all children need a belt ....but it should be available when needed,that is a parents job to decide

• actually yes - that was too funny.

that's actual a pic of @KayTwo peeping on :00006725: @sideseatdriver :00009068::00009068:

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

Edited once, last by rabtech: The thread really did get off track y'all... I pulled the pictures out of these post... They made me laugh... But they would be kinda bad to open in a crowded restaurant. ().