Waiting for 2nd Recall letter

• I received the notice of recall and the letter said I would get a 2nd notice before the end of November. To their credit they did not say which year. Is this a conspiracy and I am the only one not to receive a 2nd notice? I have noticed guys in black suits walking around our neighbourhood last Saturday.

• I didn't receive a first notice but my servicing dealer has my parts on order and all are in except the swingarm. My servicing dealer rocks and calls me every few weeks to give me an update even though they know they won't see me until spring

• I have not received my first notice either. When the first thread started, I contacted my Dealer. We had a good conversation for about half an hour. Said they didn't know when they were going to start receiving the recall parts. To date, I haven't received an official notice or heard anything back from the Dealer. :/

• Received my recall letter mid-November. They were SUPPOSED to send a 2nd letter NLT the end of November. Here's a pic with that statement highlighted. Typical Polaris "customer service"... :00000003:

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• I contacted my dealer the day after I saw the recall notice here. They didn't know about it then. I got on list, and the dealer called a few days later to tell me I was at the top of their list and in the Polaris system. Never have gotten a letter from Polaris....

Likely take about 2 weeks..... :P

• Still haven't received any notice from Polaris. I called my dealer as soon as I saw the recall here on the forum. They ordered the parts immediately but still haven't received them. Hope they come soon so I am ready for riding when the weather breaks. I will keep riding when the weather permits anyway.

2016 Bluefire LE, the fastest color. :D:BLUESS:

• Got my second notice today but my dealer had already called to let me know the parts were in. Bad part is the SS is stuck in my garage for two weeks because the parking pad has been jackhammered out and I can't get out until the new pad is poured and set. Dealer let me pick up the swing arm to get it painted though. :D

• I got my FIRST notice from Polaris this week. I contacted my dealer in October, the day after the recall was first mentioned here. My dealer didn't know about it when I called, but I did hear back from them in a couple of days. They got mine in on the list, supposedly "first" for them. I've not heard from them since. I've inspected my swingarm, and see no evidence of any cracking. I checked the bearings in it, and all seems to be perfect. No leak on the brake seals, and my fuel line isn't hitting anywhere. I kept using it, until late in November when my son had back surgery and I was busy helping with things at his place. It's 15 deg with snow here today, and there's about a quarter inch of salt everywhere. If I get mine fixed early spring, I'm fine with it. If it's later, I'm fine with that too, as long as nothing shows up causing issue. Would like to have it fixed before the Maggie Valley run late in May.

• Got my second notice last week. I went to the dealership and asked about getting a red swing arm instead of the grey one. They told me their hands are tied as the new swing arms are related to your vin number. I am even willing to pay for any price difference but they said they can't do it. I asked if I could order the swing arm without bearings and again no dice. Has anyone had any luck with this issue or do I just get the swing arm take the bearing out with dynamite and get it powder coated and install new bearings?

I was thinking of calling Polaris and getting ignored. Anyone have any luck with reps in Canada.

• Got my second notice last week. I went to the dealership and asked about getting a red swing arm instead of the grey one. They told me their hands are tied as the new swing arms are related to your vin number. I am even willing to pay for any price difference but they said they can't do it. I asked if I could order the swing arm without bearings and again no dice. Has anyone had any luck with this issue or do I just get the swing arm take the bearing out with dynamite and get it powder coated and install new bearings?

I was thinking of calling Polaris and getting ignored. Anyone have any luck with reps in Canada.

Powder coat is great, but you could leave the bearings in and have the swing arm painted with a good quality automotive paint like painter has suggested.