Brake caliper seal replacement

• Well, I decided to powder coat my brake calipers and as careful as I was in removing the dust boot from around the piston I wound up tearing them. From a quarter inch tear to not much bigger than a pin hole. After seeing the outrageous prices Polaris wants for the seal kits, I figured I'd see if I could find a different supplier. After my third try I found a perfect fit. The replacement is a Raybestos part# WK1595. I posted a picture of the box along with the powder coated caliper.
    If you do this I gotta tell you the rear caliper is a BITCH. There is a circlip at the bottom of the inside of the caliper that I had a very hard time with. And on top of that, the one that was already in there was broken in have. I don't know how I could of broke it but it was. That I did have to order from Polaris, I couldn't find a match for it. Oh, you can't get just the circlip, you have to get the whole ball lift assembly. Anyway, I hope this info helps someone . Forgot to mention, the kit is from a 01 Toyota Corolla

• That my friends needs to be added to a parts thread for the Slingshot. @rabtech we need a central thread for parts and the numbers and at least one other car/truck or whatever it is used on. This would go back to the conversation you and I had at DDM about having a separate thread for the SS parts and info. Brakes --- suspension --- engine --- interior --- exterior --- electronics --- electrical --- brakes --- wheels --- tires and I could thing of a few more to break it down a little further.

• That my friends needs to be added to a parts thread for the Slingshot. @rabtech we need a central thread for parts and the numbers and at least one other car/truck or whatever it is used on. This would go back to the conversation you and I had at DDM about having a separate thread for the SS parts and info. Brakes --- suspension --- engine --- interior --- exterior --- electronics --- electrical --- brakes --- wheels --- tires and I could thing of a few more to break it down a little further.

I agree. Basically an interchange directory. I will work on that this week and see if I can lay out a section for this...

• I agree. Basically an interchange directory. I will work on that this week and see if I can lay out a section for this...

Also this could be an easy way to find and post anything related to less just say like the engine. Everything related to the engine would/could be in the engine thread. It really will only work if we use it and post in the proper area.

• I wanted to follow up to see how this caliper rebuild kit held up or if there is a better kit to use. I am getting ready to powder coat my calipers and want to get the right parts to rebuild without having to go to dealer

• I wanted to follow up to see how this caliper rebuild kit held up or if there is a better kit to use. I am getting ready to powder coat my calipers and want to get the right parts to rebuild without having to go to dealer

This is a 5 year old thread. been lots of changes in every thing for the Slingshot.

Should be fine as the calipers haven't changed. You can also get the parts at places cheaper than the dealer. CheapCycleParts is a great site with rather quick shipping.

Majority of people just paint or cover the factory calipers. Powder coating is generally left for after market calipers.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?