Trailers - The Pros, Cons and Tips on buying the proper one to TOW your s/s to events

• We seem to repeat this thread over and over. And the best trailer is the Sloan Kwikload... :-) lol

The Kwikload certainly seems easy loading while the Big Tex might need some ramp assistance for loading, but most of us either can't seem to find the values that @rabtech does or we are price-conscious due to limited funds availability. My darned Slingshot may be causing me to get a retirement job! :/

• The Kwikload certainly seems easy loading while the Big Tex might need some ramp assistance for loading, but most of us either can't seem to find the values that @rabtech does or we are price-conscious due to limited funds availability. My darned Slingshot may be causing me to get a retirement job! :/

Ebay and Craigslist.... they are how I find my goodies.

• I gave 2500.00 on ebay for my Sloan Kwikload.. Kenny bought his Sloan Kwikload for about 1/2 what they are new off of ebay... And I purchased my Challenger 5 ton car lift off of Craigslist for 400.00.

You just have to keep searching. The deals are out there.

I have been searching for a lift deal but I live in poduncville, do you want to sell yours $250 and lodging(as long as you will wrench with me your sling or mine)

• I gave 2500.00 on ebay for my Sloan Kwikload.. Kenny bought his Sloan Kwikload for about 1/2 what they are new off of ebay... And I purchased my Challenger 5 ton car lift off of Craigslist for 400.00.

You just have to keep searching. The deals are out there.

You just seem to have more luck searching than I do! SearchTempest is nice for these types of searches. I just wish I could establish standing searches since I tend to search on an infrequent basis.

• Biggest issue isn't the cost factor (although it is tough justifying that expense to use it twice a year) but it's the fact that the typical passenger sedan will not tow that much of a load safely through the mountains etc without the potential of having issues. Some of us don't have the space for another vehicle to have laying around the house and don't need or want an SUV or truck as our primary vehicle. Believe it or not, my city has an ordinance that says you can't store a vehicle or trailer on your lawn. I'll be damn if I'm going to pay $200 a month for a parking space at the local storage facility

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Biggest issue isn't the cost factor (although it is tough justifying that expense to use it twice a year) but it's the fact that the typical passenger sedan will not tow that much of a load safely through the mountains etc without the potential of having issues. Some of us don't have the space for another vehicle to have laying around the house and don't need or want an SUV or truck as our primary vehicle. Believe it or not, my city has an ordinance that says you can't store a vehicle or trailer on your lawn. I'll be damn if I'm going to pay $200 a month for a parking space at the local storage facility

Does that include in your backyard out of sight behind a fence? MY HOA at least just doesn't like trailers visible from the street or cars on blocks that are visible from the street.

• Wow. I actually understand your situation with the HOA. I am so glad I live where I do when it comes to things like that. I "could" start a junkyard if I wanted to in my front yard.. My wife would be the thing I would have to worry about....That would be way worse than a HOA board meeting.

Around here I wouldn't have enough people to have a meeting to tell me what I could and couldn't park in my yard.. :)

Of course the downside to NOT having an HOA is the fact that my neighbor "could" make his yard a junkyard..

Our country answer to an HOA is:::;

I "COULD" DEVOTE MY LIFE TO MAKING HIS LIFE HELL BY TURNING THE AREA BEHIND HIS HOUSE A HOG FARM... AND THE OTHER SIDE INTO A SHOOTING RANGE THAT ONLY OPERATES AFTER 9PM....

• Yes the darn HOA can be a pain. I have been somewhat lucky. I asked permission from my HOA by letter... 60 days went pass and I never heard from them. I then purchased the enclosed trailer and 45 days after purchase they sent me a nasty note saying ,... NO NO you can do that! I sent them back a 5 page letter telling them they snoozed on their board meetings by not having them regularly. They failed to disapprove my request, therefore I feel I should be granted the ability to place my property in my driveway as long as my neighbors have no issues. That was 7 months ago....I have not heard a peep from them. That said I do have a parking spot (fairgrounds) only costs me $150.00 per quarter... But hell...I am little rebel and will use that if I need to. :D

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• I had an interesting disagreement with my parent's HOA several years back. My folks neighbor was President of the HOA and he objected to a satellite dish being installed on my folks roof because "it looked like a flying saucer" when he was laying by his pool. Rather than taking the time to take him to court I scrutinized the HOA rules and the next day had 4 junk toilets delivered placing them on my folks property adjacent to the neighbors propery, dumped some potting soil in each, and planted a plant in same. Before the sun went down that day he contacted my folks and said he decided he could live with a dish!!

MORAL OF STORY - Don't get in the mud with a pig - he likes it :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Yes the darn HOA can be a pain. I have been somewhat lucky. I asked permission from my HOA by letter... 60 days went pass and I never heard from them. I then purchased the enclosed trailer and 45 days after purchase they sent me a nasty note saying ,... NO NO you can do that! I sent them back a 5 page letter telling them they snoozed on their board meetings by not having them regularly. They failed to disapprove my request, therefore I feel I should be granted the ability to place my property in my driveway as long as my neighbors have no issues. That was 7 months ago....I have not heard a peep from them. That said I do have a parking spot (fairgrounds) only costs me $150.00 per quarter... But hell...I am little rebel and will use that if I need to. :D

I had an interesting disagreement with my parent's HOA several years back. My folks neighbor was President of the HOA and he objected to a satellite dish being installed on my folks roof because "it looked like a flying saucer" when he was laying by his pool. Rather than taking the time to take him to court I scrutinized the HOA rules and the next day had 4 junk toilets delivered placing them on my folks property adjacent to the neighbors propery, dumped some potting soil in each, and planted a plant in same. Before the sun went down that day he contacted my folks and said he decided he could live with a dish!!

MORAL OF STORY - Don't get in the mud with a pig - he likes it :00008172:

I'm taking notes on all of this....we're moving to a HOA in the next house, which I HATE the thought of, and I'm going to be waiting for someone to get cranky with me for parking my truck next to the garage, or working on my Sling in the driveway, or.....GAME ON!! So I may be calling you guys for advice, LOL.

• I'm taking notes on all of this....we're moving to a HOA in the next house, which I HATE the thought of, and I'm going to be waiting for someone to get cranky with me for parking my truck next to the garage, or working on my Sling in the driveway, or.....GAME ON!! So I may be calling you guys for advice, LOL.

Call me - I just LUV jacking with Nazi HOA's

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it