Trailers - The Pros, Cons and Tips on buying the proper one to TOW your s/s to events

• Many HOAs are run by folks on a power trip to mold their community to their whims. The excuse normally given is to protect property values from nefarious redneck owners. Granted that a minimal layer of protection is needed but not gestapo tactics by members of a small clique. Our community has aircraft and we need some rules and restrictions BUT we use our HOA as a method on getting together not splitting us apart. Very tight knit community that has daily morning coffee and evening happy hours that everyone is invited to. We do 2 a/c trips a week, go on cruises together and support each other (had 25 neighbors at my daughters ice skating show yesterday). We had a (neighbor) local real estate agent who insisted we enforce an old deed restriction (to keep out motor homes and boats) that was made over 40 years ago to keep people from living in a trailer on an empty lot. Her argument was that she couldn't sell property with all of these toys outside many of the homes. I dragged her around to several recent buyers and asked them why they bought here. Invariably the answer was that it was due to the freedom afforded the members to have these toys. I served on the board for 6 years and 3 as president. We always functioned under the theory that the most important thing was harmony amongst the residents not starting conflicts.

• A while back I lived in a new development with a HOAs, I had a Motorhome and packed it overnight to load it for a trip and I got in big trouble. After our trip I rode with my bike in a farm area and there was a nice home for sale, I did write the phone number down and turned around to go home and I said to my wife honey we are moving, which we did.

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• Many HOAs are run by folks on a power trip to mold their community to their whims. The excuse normally given is to protect property values from nefarious redneck owners. Granted that a minimal layer of protection is needed but not gestapo tactics by members of a small clique. Our community has aircraft and we need some rules and restrictions BUT we use our HOA as a method on getting together not splitting us apart. Very tight knit community that has daily morning coffee and evening happy hours that everyone is invited to. We do 2 a/c trips a week, go on cruises together and support each other (had 25 neighbors at my daughters ice skating show yesterday). We had a (neighbor) local real estate agent who insisted we enforce an old deed restriction (to keep out motor homes and boats) that was made over 40 years ago to keep people from living in a trailer on an empty lot. Her argument was that she couldn't sell property with all of these toys outside many of the homes. I dragged her around to several recent buyers and asked them why they bought here. Invariably the answer was that it was due to the freedom afforded the members to have these toys. I served on the board for 6 years and 3 as president. We always functioned under the theory that the most important thing was harmony amongst the residents not starting conflicts.

That is the way HOA's are supposed to be ran. When you get a letter because a late model Bentley was parked over night in your driveway - that is just plain ridiculous!! (Actually had a neighbor in Florida this happened to) It also seems that once appointed they don't use common sense like your HOA @Flybuddy - they think they have been crowned king and rule like Attila the Hun!! I luv takin em down a notch!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I'm taking notes on all of this....we're moving to a HOA in the next house, which I HATE the thought of, and I'm going to be waiting for someone to get cranky with me for parking my truck next to the garage, or working on my Sling in the driveway, or.....GAME ON!! So I may be calling you guys for advice, LOL.

I would never buy a piece of property that someone else can tell me what to do with it. There are some places around here that you have to have the color of your house approved before painting, you cannot leave your garage door open at any time, your AC unit cannot be viseable from the street, your trash can has to be removed from the street within so much time after trash pick-up. That is just a few that I have heard of. Even if I had the money I would never live in that type of place. If you want a junk yard then build it, I will just put a fence up so that I would not have to look at it.

• I had an interesting disagreement with my parent's HOA several years back. My folks neighbor was President of the HOA and he objected to a satellite dish being installed on my folks roof because "it looked like a flying saucer" when he was laying by his pool. Rather than taking the time to take him to court I scrutinized the HOA rules and the next day had 4 junk toilets delivered placing them on my folks property adjacent to the neighbors propery, dumped some potting soil in each, and planted a plant in same. Before the sun went down that day he contacted my folks and said he decided he could live with a dish!!

MORAL OF STORY - Don't get in the mud with a pig - he likes it :00008172:

Were they elongated or standard round seats?

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• yes that was me good memory

That was me that posted the pics of the trailer built by the "the dentist" I met in Maggie Valley. But @Fla tom there must be two of you guys out there because this is what his rig looked like and I remember him telling me he built his trailer by combining two used ones. Pretty cool work for a dentist or anyone for that matter. Your rig looks awesome as well. :thumbup:

• Anyone staying in Stonebridge last year might remember seeing ours, I believe we were in site E9. We will be there again this year with two Slings in the trailer. We are really looking forward to doing this trip again we met a great group of people that we can't wait to see again. :thumbsup:

• Anyone staying in Stonebridge last year might remember seeing ours, I believe we were in site E9. We will be there again this year with two Slings in the trailer. We are really looking forward to doing this trip again we met a great group of people that we can't wait to see again. :thumbsup:

You pull that with your slingshot? You must have bought the turbo since we last chatted (I know it's late, so I'm heading to bed now) ;)

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

Nice rig

• Thanks Brother. It's a 2000 48' Classic Mfg. and has served me well over the years. I originally rigged the cargo area for 9 full size bikes but as of lately we just haul our Sling and golf cart in the back. Hopefully there is another couple that will be traveling with us and our dogs this spring for SSITS'17 so we will have to leave the golf cart at home. They aren't on the forum but will fit in well as they share the same passion as the rest of us. :thumbsup:

Thanks Brother. It's a 2000 48' Classic Mfg. and has served me well over the years. I originally rigged the cargo area for 9 full size bikes but as of lately we just haul our Sling and golf cart in the back. Hopefully there is another couple that will be traveling with us and our dogs this spring for SSITS'17 so we will have to leave the golf cart at home. They aren't on the forum but will fit in well as they share the same passion as the rest of us. :thumbsup:

That is one GOOOOOD looking trailer. I could hall SHOT and sleep ... Never needing a hotel, just a rest stop :thumbsup:

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.