Trailers - The Pros, Cons and Tips on buying the proper one to TOW your s/s to events

• They are made by Race Ramps - Car and Auto Ramps for Service, Loading and Display - Race Ramps
    They can even make custom ramps if needed

Guys, if you are going to use your trailer a lot, or just don't want to deal with the heavy ramps, you need to check these things out. A little spendy, but I got to see them in action recently, and if I had an enclosed trailer or one low enough to use wedge ramps, these would be a serious contender.

@V-SHOT, you agree?

• Guys, if you are going to use your trailer a lot, or just don't want to deal with the heavy ramps, you need to check these things out. A little spendy, but I got to see them in action recently, and if I had an enclosed trailer or one low enough to use wedge ramps, these would be a serious contender.
    @V-SHOT, you agree?

If they made a set for my type of trailer, I would already have them...for sure!!!!! Love 'em!!

• I have a local trailer fabricator that is making me a dual axle trailer 7 x 14 with a dove tail. He is targeting 1700 pounds total weight by only making it to be able to carry 2000 pounds.
    We are trying to keep the weight down so I can pull it with our Wrangler.
    Estimated price at the point is 2200.00.

• I have a local trailer fabricator that is making me a dual axle trailer 7 x 14 with a dove tail. He is targeting 1700 pounds total weight by only making it to be able to carry 2000 pounds.
    We are trying to keep the weight down so I can pull it with our Wrangler.
    Estimated price at the point is 2200.00.

I would greatly love to hear of the progress and if he's able to produce more (if you're ahppy with the results). Keep us updated please

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• So 7x14 fits? Is the width really tight? What if you have non-oem wheels?

Thanks for that share @Publius!

Yes, it is tight. About 2 inches or less of clearance on each side. I thought about getting a nylon strip to put on the side to keep from messing up the wheels if I got too close. Just haven't found anything yet. I didn't want to get an extended ramp because I hear the weight makes it difficult for one person to handle so I wound up getting the race ramps which are super light and work great. See picture. My goal was to have a dual purpose trailer so that was another reason for going with the tandem axle with 5k capacity.

• Yes, it is tight. About 2 inches or less of clearance on each side. I thought about getting a nylon strip to put on the side to keep from messing up the wheels if I got too close. Just haven't found anything yet. I didn't want to get an extended ramp because I hear the weight makes it difficult for one person to handle so I wound up getting the race ramps which are super light and work great. See picture. My goal was to have a dual purpose trailer so that was another reason for going with the tandem axle with 5k capacity.

One other thing I would add that you should consider if you are purchasing a trailer - brakes! Mine has electric brakes which work great. All tandem axle trailers will have brakes because of their tow capacity. But if you go with a single axle you may not have brakes since the tow capacity is like 1750lbs. In all you are towing something like 3000 lbs. If you don't have a full size pick up you are really going to feel that trailer behind you if it is brakeless. I used to tow my 3000 Lbs boat and trailer with no brakes using a GMC Acadia and man stopping wasn't fun.

• Is there anybody on the forum with an aluminum open trailer and a Sling with aftermarket wheels? I've got a question about clearance. Don't want to hi-jack this thread, so PM me via "Conversations". Thanks!

• Stealth 24' with inner beaver tail. 6 1/2' inside height. Fits 2 Slings (first one backwards with rear tire in V).
    All aluminum. About $9500. Worth it, we use it all the time (for work obviously). Used it to get to Maggie valley last year.
    Probably going to haul one of @Turboslings Slings down again next year.

2JZ Swap - 400+ WHP - Custom Hood - PRP Seats - Cerwin Vega Stereo - AccuAir - Foose Wheels - Hankook Tires - LiteTheNite LED's

• If you live within driving range of a Big Tex Trailer dealer, Big Tex makes the 60CH Tandem Axle Car Hauler in 14 ft and 16 ft lengths with electric brakes on one axle and weights under 1500 lbs. A dealer not too far from me has the 16ft version staring at $1999. The 70CH series comes in 12, 14, 16, 18 & 20 ft lengths and weighs from 1460 - 2060 lbs. The same dealer has the 70CH series starting around a little over $2k up, depending on options. Both models come standard with wooden decks.Both series are listed as 83" wide, which I assume is the bed width inside the wheels/fenders. Here's the link to their car haulers - Auto/Motorcycle Trailers | Big Tex Trailers. Either series in the 14 or 16 ft size should be towable for must vehicles with a combined weight under 3500 lbs for Slingshot and trailer. My problem is just finding space to store one in the garage (my HOA frowns on trailers being visible from the street). Big Tex reports having 400+ dealers across the USA, Canada and even some international dealers.

• If you live within driving range of a Big Tex Trailer dealer, Big Tex makes the 60CH Tandem Axle Car Hauler in 14 ft and 16 ft lengths with electric brakes on one axle and weights under 1500 lbs. A dealer not too far from me has the 16ft version staring at $1999. The 70CH series comes in 12, 14, 16, 18 & 20 ft lengths and weighs from 1460 - 2060 lbs. The same dealer has the 70CH series starting around a little over $2k up, depending on options. Both models come standard with wooden decks.Both series are listed as 83" wide, which I assume is the bed width inside the wheels/fenders. Here's the link to their car haulers - Auto/Motorcycle Trailers | Big Tex Trailers. Either series in the 14 or 16 ft size should be towable for must vehicles with a combined weight under 3500 lbs for Slingshot and trailer. My problem is just finding space to store one in the garage (my HOA frowns on trailers being visible from the street). Big Tex reports having 400+ dealers across the USA, Canada and even some international dealers.

That is why I hate hoa and mine hates me(they refused to give accounting of dues so I refused to pay)