Aftermarket tire rollup (poll)

• AND tirerack also lists the range of the reccomended rim width and the width they tested the tire with.

• AND tirerack also lists the range of the reccomended rim width and the width they tested the tire with.

Yeap, they are a great source for information on tires, a lot of info that you can't find anywhere else easily. I also like that they have the tire weight there too -

• We picked up the Motegi Racing Aluminum Wheels a few weeks ago in Florida. They have the Extreem ZR Nitro NT555 tires on them...not to mention the 305 Fat @$$ on the back!!! Good looking tires, I'll give it that. But throw a little bit of water into the equation,... I guess that is indicative of the Slingshot, in general. I find that it is so easy for the rear end to break loose when you punch the throttle. Don't get me wrong...I kinda' like that!!!! The rear end is otherwise tight in the turns on dry pavement. Of course, I have never pushed it hard, like on the track. But I'm confident with these tires...for now.
    Before changing out, we had the stock 18" Front and 20" Rear SL tires. Had over 6,000 miles on those, and they still look brand new. Shameless potential sales plug.

• I also run the NT555's. I've noticed they're a lot stickier in the summer with hot roads vs. this time of year. But then, I guess that's true of any tire...

So, never mind... :00008862::D

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• I am going to put the General AS-03 on the fronts sometime this winter. Unless I can find a tire with the same or more tread width as the stock Kenda. I looked all over for tread width on the tires, I do not remember if I went to Tire Rack for the specs. Like I said 12,000 miles on the General AS-03 and it still looks like it did when new but I know it is not.

• Anybody know the maximum width tire that can be safely mounted on a 10" rim? The best I can tell that is what my rear Motegi measures and I am presently running a 285 but would like to go to atleast a 305.

• @Dave@DDMWorks that is the one I used when I did all my research on the dark side.

I postedmover there a chart of the wheel and tire combos that keep you closer to mph ratio of 0 diff. Not perfect , but helpful.

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• I just spent the last hour at Tire Rack .com What I found out without spending big money for a 10 inch tread width The winner is the BFG G-Force Comp-2 with a tread width of 10 inch at $138.45 With the wear at (340 AAA) There are a lot of 8 inch and a few 9 inchers. The General G-Max AS-03 comes in with a 9 inch width with the tread wear at (480AA) for $106.70 This is for the 255/35/20 So it looks like I may go to the BFG next for the rubber on the ground.

• I like the Discount Tire Tire Comparison Tool - Tire Size Calculator & Converter, Tire Size Conversion | Discount Tire. As Stated below, it doesn't use the actual specs supplied by the manufacturer, but mathematically calculates the specs. It provides Sidewall Height, Section Width, Overall Diameter, Circumference, Revs per mile AND, my favorite - how fast the actual speed of the second tire compared to the original tire.

Here is what Discount Tire says about the Tire Calcualtor - "The results of this calculator are based on the mathematical equations of the sizes entered, not the actual tire specs provided by the tire manufacturers. Please refer to the guides supplied by manufacturers for exact specifications.
    Not for use with high flotation sizes, i.e. 31x10.50R-15."

Slightly Off-Topic Question - Anybody recommend a replacement rear wheel that would let mount a slightly larger tire than a 295/30R18 which is the largest size that fits the stock Base rear wheel? I'd also prefer to find a wheel that looks similar to the stack wheels so I don't have to replace all 3 wheels.

• Anybody know the maximum width tire that can be safely mounted on a 10" rim? The best I can tell that is what my rear Motegi measures and I am presently running a 285 but would like to go to atleast a 305.

When I purchased our Motegi set, it came with 285/30ZR20 on the rear...which was quickly switched out for the 305 before they were even mounted on the Sling. :thumbup:

• When I purchased our Motegi set, it came with 285/30ZR20 on the rear...which was quickly switched out for the 305 before they were even mounted on the Sling. :thumbup:

Good to know @V-SHOT Now if I could just talk your lovely Velma into buying me one too.
    I guess I'll have to steal Kim's checkbook while she ain't lookin' :00008862::00008172::00008356:

NOTE: Really wish the 345 25 20 TOYO would fit on the 10" ? rim I have now, has anyone tried it ?

• Good to know @V-SHOT Now if I could just talk your lovely Velma into buying me one too.I guess I'll have to steal Kim's checkbook while she ain't lookin' :00008862::00008172::00008356:

NOTE: Really wish the 345 25 20 TOYO would fit on the 10" ? rim I have now, has anyone tried it ?

Don't know if the 345 will fit, but you might just want to hit up somebody at Cycle Springs for the answer. And as for asking Velma to buy you a 305...well, that's going to have to wait! I'm trying to work a Supercharger, so I am on my best behavior!!!! :00008172::00008359:

• @Slunglow if you run the calculators it shows that 11 is the minimum you want on a 345.

By the way I found out from another SS rider that the aftermarket shocks will not work with a 345 unless you use a spacer or adjust the offset in the rim when made.

Just keep that in mind!!

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...