Christmas tree Help in Jacksonville, FL

• I am very happy to hear that you have enough to make a good Christmas. I was wondering if they have enough for a good Christmas dinner? My concern is that if they get too good a Christmas this year, that'll put a bunch of stress on next year. I don't think I'm saying this right. Essentially, if we can get them a decent Christmas, perhaps instead of making it great, we can use the money for something else for the family? I hope I am making sense....

• I am very happy to hear that you have enough to make a good Christmas. I was wondering if they have enough for a good Christmas dinner? My concern is that if they get too good a Christmas this year, that'll put a bunch of stress on next year. I don't think I'm saying this right. Essentially, if we can get them a decent Christmas, perhaps instead of making it great, we can use the money for something else for the family? I hope I am making sense....

Yeah, I was thinking about groceries for them also...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Depending on what's left, maybe a few gift cards to Pappa John's, McDonald's, or Wendy's?

Dude, If you want i could just kill them outright and save them the grizzly death from eating that nutrition-less crap :00008172::00008172::00008172:
    I was thinking maybe swinging by BJ's Wholesale Club and picking up a Ham, some vegetables, bread and maybe a jumbo box or 2 of Capt' Crunch or something like that.

• Just an update on all the contributions made by the wonderful members here.
    So far there has been OVER $600.00 contributed towards the Christmas of this Jacksonville family.
    My wonderful wife and I will do our very best to get as much for the kids as we can and make it the best we can.
    I would like to thank EVERYONE for their contributions, help, ADVICE especially and helping as much as you all have done.
    I know I was kind of drafted into this, but I promise I will make each and every one of you proud.
    After our shopping spree's i will post pics of what we managed to get, how much is left and what we will try to get with that money.

THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE, This is indeed the BEST DAMN COMMUNITY there is.

• Thank you @AllIn5450. I know everyone of us is happy that we can help a few kids have an enjoyable Christmas. It really is about the Kids. Heck my Grandsons are coming to my house for Christmas and I am like a little kid myself just getting ready for their arrival. Love to see the smiles on the kids faces.. For me it is Priceless. Thank you and your wife for all the legwork. Merry Christmas brother.

• All this from the "stupid high school graduate" was it??? You rock sir! Either good parents or good teachers, and when it's great, it's both!

But I understand the self-deprecating humor... I partake in that as well... (defense mechanism) genius-squared

Edited once, last by MiM ().

• Dude, you far exceeded that as soon as you offered to help. We're the lucky ones who got to stay home and watch good deeds in motion

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• It just amazes me the generosity of this family. Always willing to help not only each other but also those in need... your generosity is only exceeded by the size of your hearts... God bless each and every one of you...

Life is simple ... you're either "Qualified or you're Not'

• Just to keep everyone in the loop.
    This is the results of the first shopping spree. We still plan on more clothes and we did pick up a spiral sliced ham and a tree that is not in the pic.
    More to come.

• Just to keep everyone in the loop.
    This is the results of the first shopping spree. We still plan on more clothes and we did pick up a spiral sliced ham and a tree that is not in the pic.
    More to come.

Holy crap! (Pun intended). I need to be adopted for Christmas too! Can't even afford indoor plumbing. A neighbor took this pic of me ordering a Meals on Wheels... (Seriously, great job @AllIn5450 & the generous members of this awesome forum! :thumbup: )

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Thanks
    My wife also remembered the Christmas stockings. So she picked those up too and plans to fill them with some goodies for the boys.
    She and my daughter are going to the shopping outlets in St. Augustine to try to get more bargains and some hoodies and warm weather clothes, which for us down here in FL are long sleeve shirts with sleeves you can push up above the elbow, BAHAHA
    Haven't got the shoes yet, those will come from the outlet malls
    So they are gonna have a good Christmas.

• I am so happy that this came right and the children will have smiles on their faces...

I'm sure everyone remembers my Christmas thread I posted about not liking Christmas.. I clarified myself later in that thread by explaining that it wasn't Christmas that I disliked. It was all the stress that was brought along with the holiday.. To me it seems like some families take it as a competition to see how much they can spend. It's OK to do that if you have it to spend. But I always think about families that can't spend it. And the young children that don't understand why Santa isn't coming..

Hopefully we have removed some of the stress this wonderful grandmother was feeling. I am just happy that it all worked out...

Thank you so much @AllIn5450 for doing all this. You and your wife are really special people... If you need anything else just post it here...

And I want to say thanks to everyone that was able to help with this.

Like I have said before. I don't care if we never get another NEW member. I just want nice genuine caring members and I have definitely got plenty of those on the forum already...