BatPower Build

• Hi Guys
    I'm in the process of installing 2 JL audio amps 1x500 mono MX500 for a sub and 1x500 4 channel MX500-4 to drive 4 sets of Hertz Speakers The Sub Is a JL M10 which I'm installing in passenger seat storage area The amps call for 4 AWG so I have pulled the battery and I'm thinking about upping the battery to a top post 750 amp Optima My question is can I run both amps off one 4 AWG wire or should I run a 0 AWG to a splitter and run 2 4 AWG wires..... one to each amp as well as a 4 AWG ground to each Amp.I'm also thinking about installing all LED headlights to lower my over all draw...one last thing...I've noticed some install amps under seat and some inside in storage area's with Subs Think I'm going under seat

• I run a 1400 watt JL class D on my 2 JL W3 12" subs. And I run a M400 4 channel JL on my front speakers. I have two batteries and an isolator separating my cranking battery from my stereo battery. The wire run is so short you only need 4 gauge wire... What I did is use a (1 in - 2 out) fuse block and run 4 gauge into the fuse block and (1) 4 gauge wire to each amp out of the fuse block... And I use 4 gauge ground wire and ground each amp to a seat frame bolt.

If the runs were longer I would have used larger wire but this just wouldn't matter on the slingshot.

Mount the amps under the seats. They fit perfectly. Just use a spacer to keep them from laying on the floor. Water needs to be able to run under them and out the drain holes.

I noticed you on the other forum asking the same question. I couldn't answer you over there. But im glad you you way over to the real information forum. :):)

I had a write up about my install over on that forum but I believe it's over here now in the how-to section. I'll post a link to it shortly

• Yes and no...

YES I have lost my ability to EDIT my post. Since I "still have" the 3rd or 4th highest post count over there they are afraid I will edit my old post one night and empty all of them out... And that would essentially screw up the whole forum. Due to having no continuity in any of my threads...

And before someone says that it's just the old post that can't be edited and that any new post can be...That doesn't apply to me I guess because I could not edit the post I made the other day.

NO I haven't actually lost the ability to post as seen the other day when I had to post over there to clear up some things before they spiraled out of hand.... However when I lost my ability to edit I won't ever post again.... 98% of the time I have to edit my post after they are submitted to fix grammatical errors or add content that I left out...

It's a very chicken shit way to run a forum in my opinion... My apologies to any of our members if this offends you but it's the way I feel about it....

I'll make it clear right now.....I don't care if anyone wants their post removed from my forum. I can do it for them in a couple of keystrokes. And in the place of every post will be a post that has the original authors name and whatever I want to say about them.

It amazes me how this forum runs itself and governs itself 99.8% of the time without the need for moderators to edit or change anything someone had posted...

AND I have never found the need to group shit together that one person has said throughout a thread into one post.... That used to piss me off so bad....

It was almost like they were being charged by the times someone posted. So they would gather and copy several post in one thread and balloon paste each one into one post... WTF!!!!

• Yes and no...

YES I have lost my ability to EDIT my post....NO I haven't actually lost the ability to post....However when I lost my ability to edit I won't ever post again....

Yeah, seems pretty JV to me. I wasn't aware of the latest shenanigans - just firms up my intent to never go over there again. They've got nothing I need over there. Thanks again for running a welcoming place, with a reasonable philosophy.

Sorry to derail. Back to your regularly scheduled discussion.

• Hi Rabtech. Thanks for the heads up about the amps that's great information and I am using four gauge off a splitter for both the positive and the ground although I might change my grounds to the seats as you did... I wanted to ask you where you put your second battery ? I am in the process of swapping out all my lights to LEDs to try to save the draw... on the alternator and the system also where did you get your isolator or is it a boat switch.... I was not aware of your problem with the other forum i'm new to this and still trying to get the hang of it. I have to admit I've gotten a lot of good information off both sites and enjoyed both sites I will start posting more here in the future again thank you for your help and I hope I can call on you in the future if I have any questions

• @BatPower I'm glad you made it over here.... so ask as many questions as you want....

I use an isolator that is digital and automatically switches back and forth. I got it from Reggie at TriclLED.

I use a fast discharge AGM battery. I have it sitting on its back in the passenger storage compartment. Kinda propped in the hole that is in the bottom of the box... and wrapped with roll bar foam...

600W / 20AMP HOURS AGM 12V Starting Battery [SK-BT20] : Shuriken, High Performance Batteries

• I can tell you the reason posts got moved into one thread was due to the ridiculous number of complaints about "multiple posts about the same subject in more than 1 thread"...i was/am surprised at some of the folks that complain the most...some of it is petty and childish at times! I personally had no problem with multiple posts about the same thing...there is more than 1 way to skin a cat...Jojo's technique might work better for lil' bobby than Timmy's does...

• I can tell you the reason posts got moved into one thread was due to the ridiculous number of complaints about "multiple posts about the same subject in more than 1 thread"...i was/am surprised at some of the folks that complain the most...some of it is petty and childish at times! I personally had no problem with multiple posts about the same thing...there is more than 1 way to skin a cat...Jojo's technique might work better for lil' bobby than Timmy's does...

My issue was even stranger than multiple threads with the same subject. My issue was when I took the time to participate in a thread andthroughout the thread I would reply to people just like im doing now... And that makes sense to everyone reading...

Then for no reason at all (like they were bored and had nothing to do) someone would take all my post throughout that thread and delete them and make one post with all the deleted post and put them in "quote bubbles".

Just really strange....