Oil Cooler Kit

• I tried the two shims and it is at 2 & 8 o'clock now. Still not even close. That shit pisses me off! Didn't know I would be dealing with shims for the price of this kit! I would think there would be some quality control with that part. Wouldn't take to long to make sure they stop where they're suppose to before shipping out.

• Not a dumb question. I tried one first then both. The two was closer to where it needs to be. At this rate it would take 4 or 5 . That's not going to cut it.

Mines clocked fine with just one shim... now I must add I did not make this adapter real tight... it's just nicely snugged and no leaks. Soon as it gets snug fit I backed off and it was right on point.

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• That's cool. I know it only gets hand tightened. I know mine turns steady and then it just stops. Guess I'll ask to have it swapped. Going to request it is tested before shipped. I just don't want 4 or 5 shims. Not sure what that does to the o-rings and proper fit inside the bottom.

• Hey @Travis,

I sent you an email. Dave is on the road right now so I am going to get you fixed up.

The Oil Filter Adapter we offer does require some shimming to get it to line up exactly as needed for the slingshot. ( We are looking into ways to make this better )

The threads vary slightly on the engines and on the Filter Adapters so it is not something we can easily test for.
    Usually just a few shims get the job done but as many as 8 shims will fit safely and still have room for the two halves of the adapter to seal.

I am also going to edit the instructions today.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Jeff Mellor
    DDMWorks
    119A Highway 183
    Piedmont, SC 29673
    Orders - 864-438-4949
    Tech Support - 864-907-6004
    www.DDMWorks.com

• Same thing on my adapter. With both shims in, its clocked completely inverted (hole closest to edge of adapter is in the rear) and that made setting up the hoses a lot of hard work.

Looks like some engines are just right while others not so much... :-/

Vi Engineered Turbo (V-Mount)
    Forged LE9
    DDM Works Fuel Rail
    RRR Oil Catchcan
    UPLOK + UPGUARD
    Assault Hub / Steering wheel
    DDM Works short shifter
    PRP Shifter Boot
    Cipher Race Seats and 4 point harness
    XO Luxury Verona 20x12 Toyo R888 315/35r20, 19x9.5 Toyo R888 265/35R19
    and more...