What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• The old 1-2 project... shocks and rear protection plate installed this afternoon!

All jacked up & ready to remove the OEM shocks. There's quite an apparent difference between these and the QA1's!

Had some trouble with the install at first. Bill from Hahn RaceCraft was very nice, took my call and everything went easily from there. Hahn's video on YouTube was helpful as well.

With the front end done (45 min), I moved on to the rear.

Disassembly of the rear panels took about 30 min, but all came off without any big problems. I was installing a rear protection plate at the same time, so I took the plastic pieces aside to get 'em cleaned up.

Tuff Stuff foaming cleaner from O'Reilly's did a great job cleaning the road grime off, Mother's Back to Black followed by Turtle Wax Spray Shine got the plastic looking great. I did not polish or wax the area where the rear plate mounts, the 3M tape needed a pristine surface to bond to. Cleaned that with rubbing alcohol.

Drilling holes and getting the plate mounted was easy, putting in the plastic anchors was a bear. Holes too small, predrilled more than once. Flexing the anchors caused paint to flake off. 🤨 Finally got 'em in place. This all took about an hour.

Reassembly of the back end was okay, a couple false starts, but eventually everything snapped back together and all the screws and anchors snapped home snugly. I must say the 20 mph wind didn't help! Could have used an extra hand! Reassembly took about 45 minutes.

Short drive, about 2 miles was nice. Going to put on a few more miles and dial in the adjustable shocks to where I want 'em.

Very satisfied with my project and my improving wrench skills!

Hey, don't I get a merit badge for this one!? 😉

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Another successful purchase from Slingmods that's going on right after dinner. I've only purchased a few items from Slingmods thus far, but I've been extremely happy with the professional quality and flawless craftsmanship of their products. They're a good vendor and I hope to see their inventory of replacement parts and innovative accessories grow.

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• Thanks Dad!🤓

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• I have the same setup, but never thought about the grip tape which I will be buying in a couple of hours.

Thanks for the idea!

• I have the same setup, but never thought about the grip tape which I will be buying in a couple of hours.

Thanks for the idea!

I put blue painter's tape on it and traced the pattern. Cut the tape and made templates for the grip tape. BTW I actually got my grip tape at a skateboard shop, it was cheaper than the industrial safety stuff.

• I put blue painter's tape on it and traced the pattern. Cut the tape and made templates for the grip tape. BTW I actually got my grip tape at a skateboard shop, it was cheaper than the industrial safety stuff.

And again, thank you for the awesome advice! Leaving in about 10 minutes as I have a skate shop pretty close to me.

• Playing with some $10 universal motorcycle windshield wings off of Amazon, they make a big difference with the wind whipping on my left arm. Still trying different angles but very happy so far. In my opinion they don’t look too bad either.

• Playing with some $10 universal motorcycle windshield wings off of Amazon, they make a big difference with the wind whipping on my left arm. Still trying different angles but very happy so far. In my opinion they don’t look too bad either.

Now that’s a cool idea! From my elbow to my shoulder is where things get a little cool right there as well. Please keep us posted on how you like them.
    I had similar ones on the lower forks of my motorcycle. I always looked at them as just window dressing until I took them off. I was amazed at what a huge difference they made in the winter time for such a small item

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Now that’s a cool idea! From my elbow to my shoulder is where things get a little cool right there as well. Please keep us posted on how you like them.
    I had similar ones on the lower forks of my motorcycle. I always looked at them as just window dressing until I took them off. I was amazed at what a huge difference they made in the winter time for such a small item

I've had the Baker 'Air Wings' on my Slingshot since Apr 2015... Bring in cool in Summer and keep out cold when necessary.

This is the F4 Costume Tinted 5+ Windshield with the Baker (tinted) 'Air Wings'

Great combination. little more money but I love the setup.

• Doc&Ruby the red paint on the push fasteners is either Chrysler Red enamel model paint or just red spray paint. I've tried both. I have also used clear coat over some trying to make them more durable but they do tend to flake or chip. Just touch them up in place with a model paint brush or switch to the unpainted ones that should have been included. I started painting them because I thought it made the colored plates look less bolt-on.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I also have the Baker air wings on my stock ripper windscreen. They help mostly in the cool weather to stop the cold wind to shoulder and arm. They also direct the airflow in the summer.

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• Doc&Ruby the red paint on the push fasteners is either Chrysler Red enamel model paint or just red spray paint. I've tried both. I have also used clear coat over some trying to make them more durable but they do tend to flake or chip. Just touch them up in place with a model paint brush or switch to the unpainted ones that should have been included. I started painting them because I thought it made the colored plates look less bolt-on.

Yeah, I figured to get some Testor's model paint if I can find it - that stuff works great on plastic.

Really very satisfied with the rear plate - it looks awesome! The small blems on the plastic anchors are behind the wheel, no one's gonna notice them except me. The Captain didn't when she looked over my work yesterday. 😁

I would be happy to recommend this mod to anyone. Really dresses up the plain rear end - especially if you run without a fender!

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• I don't ever think to add to this thread. I just keep on modding and checking out everybody else's stuff.

Just about finished installing all the goodies from Black Friday/birthday/Christmas...

Double nut cover and ebrake cover

DDMworks sway bar and blocks with end links.

Putting the back end and miscellaneous panels back on this weekend from finishing up the texture delete and painting but more to come on that later. It's almost driveable now.

• It’s been a while since I have done any modifications. I need to do a big shot out to ericastar76 for paying it forward with her old rims. She had bought new ones and had no storage space. She blew us away with a gift. We are so humbled just to call her our friend.

There was nothing wrong with the rims but we had wanted to change them up a little. We had the rims shaved and repainted with a smoke look. We think they came out great. However, this was all done months ago. We had to sit on them until we could afford all new tires. I had the stock SLR rims and with the new rims being 20’s all the way around, that meant new front tires. Now I didn’t need new tires but was too excited to put the new rims on.

Well this weekend we did just that. All new NITTO’s 255/35R/20 and of course 315/35R/20 on the back. I must say, I love the new look.

As far as the SLR rims and the good tires I still had on them........Well we too payed it forward to another slinger who wanted the SLR rims for he had the base model. What a great group of friends we have in this Slingshot community and a lot of them I call family now.

• I put a longer project on hold today to actually accomplish a mod, well, got half of it done, one wheel so far.

LIUubh2.jpg

Just a teaser image so far, you'll have to wait until I'm all done for a better pic. FYI, this is the rear on the Trakhamr setup, which now supports Wilwood for a big brake kit. Had DDMWorks powdercoat the caliper for me to match the front:

eU6r5QL.jpg

• Those wheels are a little dirty!

But that is some bright green you have there

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!