What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies.....?

Attention Vendors. Please email robert@rabtech.com any instruction manuals you may have for your products. They will be added to the FILEBASE tab for members to access.
  • Even though the title of the thread says .........today's mod........, I hope I can post a mod from last night. And knowing the rules of the forum that "PICS or it didn't happen" I have included the visual evidence of that mod below. Just remember that it was done last night.

Never be held prisoner to your past. It was a life lesson - NOT a life SENTENCE

• probably should have done the headlight mods first - - - just saying :/

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL
    JRI GT coil overs, DDM short shifter
    Twist Dynamics Sway Bar & DDM mounts

MeanSling Sport Top & OEM Dual Windshield

Pedal Commander + Misc Other Goodies

• Not a Mod but the Hurricane is coming and it has started raining a little. So I just pulled all of the wheels to wash all of the brake dust off and then F-11 them so that the brake dust will not stick as bad and I can wipe the dust off easier. I can open the Play Room door and have the AC on my back while doing this. Eat your heart out Boys and Girls.:):D

• These certainly don't have a significantly longer throw than stock lights now. I want to find some time to tune the aim and see what I can accomplish.

I'm having no trouble lighting up signs 4-500 feet away, but the hard cutoff of the bright spot on the road is deceptive.

Going to have to do some testing on a flat, quiet country road to measure & get some data. Also going to rig a way to cut off all but one light at a time for testing purposes.

I'll give you more data as I get it.

When I looked at their before and after pictures....the new ones seemed to put out a little longer pattern, but the brightness was at least double..

Watching cars coming toward me at night....most vehicles have improperly adjusted headlights......they usually have one pointing directly down on the road, pointing in my eyes, pointing up in the trees...

Then you have the idiots with jacked up trucks with 10,000 lights pointing in every direction...usually enough to momentarily blind you. They always seem to be directly at my eye level...I can feel the back of my retinas burning....

• DAMN! Everything is black under all of that rust color brake dust. Rims and the tires

one thing I have found interesting is how little break dust I get on the front wheels when compared to the back

fortunately I have found that if I keep the wheels and tires wiped down with Lucas tire shine the majority of the dust blows off easily with the air compressor

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL
    JRI GT coil overs, DDM short shifter
    Twist Dynamics Sway Bar & DDM mounts

MeanSling Sport Top & OEM Dual Windshield

Pedal Commander + Misc Other Goodies

• one thing I have found interesting is how little break dust I get on the front wheels when compared to the back

fortunately I have found that if I keep the wheels and tires wiped down with Lucas tire shine the majority of the dust blows off easily with the air compressor

I think our problem is not so much brake dust but road dirt on the back wheel.

• one thing I have found interesting is how little break dust I get on the front wheels when compared to the back

I have tried everything, the new Mequiar's - F-11 and the Shine Armour. Hawk 5.0 pads and after the first blow off or hose of - it ain't coming off without wiping off with quick detail at least. If you recall my Sling has only been washed a couple of times in almost 87,000 miles. By the time I get back from Bristol the rims will be covered again and will have over 90,000 miles on it. When I do use brakes I use them kind of hard. Before anyone else corrects me.

• I find it hard to believe that it's all brake dust. A couple yrs ago in Maggie I was following Painter during one of our longer runs and I couldn't believe it when we came to a stop light, when he took off I seen a cloud of dust fall from his rear tire. It's a dead spot of air in the rear rim and most of the dust you are seeing is road grime. If it was brake dust that bad you wouldn't have much brake pad left after a few good rides.

• I find it hard to believe that it's all brake dust. A couple yrs ago in Maggie I was following Painter during one of our longer runs and I couldn't believe it when we came to a stop light, when he took off I seen a cloud of dust fall from his rear tire. It's a dead spot of air in the rear rim and most of the dust you are seeing is road grime. If it was brake dust that bad you wouldn't have much brake pad left after a few good rides.

Trust me it is not road grime.

• FINALLY got all my wiring to work to eliminate the Ride Command amp in a 2017 slingshot. Some have reported even on newer models that the Ride Command amp cuts out on them. Mine did too. Finally figured out (I believe) what was causing it or at least some of the puzzle. Power issues. Problem is, as I figured, you loose some of the options on the stereo. O' well. It definitely sounds better with a better amp. Chose to use a Matrix. Have to see. Wish it was smaller.

:00000436:
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

• FINALLY got all my wiring to work to eliminate the Ride Command amp in a 2017 slingshot. Some have reported even on newer models that the Ride Command amp cuts out on them. Mine did too. Finally figured out (I believe) what was causing it or at least some of the puzzle. Power issues. Problem is, as I figured, you loose some of the options on the stereo. O' well. It definitely sounds better with a better amp. Chose to use a Matrix. Have to see. Wish it was smaller.

I don't have Ride Command, but is the power issue due to poor output from the stock amp or poor power supplied to the stock amp?:/

• Put in my new center 4 sided LED light bulbs (@doc suggested) and I noticed something right away.....in the daytime haven’t driven it at night yet.....but the old 2 sided LEDs you could see two spots on the garage door close up......with the new ones there are no spots just wall to wall solid white light....

Still working on my sequential turn signals for the fender cutouts. The lights are mounted not done wiring yet.

• Installed my Innovate SCG-1 boost controller today, got it programmed and put the initial settings in, but haven't had a chance to test drive it yet, was late when I got done. Dave@DDMWorks gave me a quick 10 minute tutorial on how to set it up initially.

I started doing a write up on it, when I realized I forgot to do my previous engine work write up, which is long overdue. So, without further ado, here is my build info on Dave's magic of my engine. Engine work

I'll get a post up about the boost controller soon.

• Put in my new center 4 sided LED light bulbs (@doc suggested) and I noticed something right away.....in the daytime haven’t driven it at night yet.....but the old 2 sided LEDs you could see two spots on the garage door close up......with the new ones there are no spots just wall to wall solid white light....

Still working on my sequential turn signals for the fender cutouts. The lights are mounted not done wiring yet.

I think you will like these. I've noticed that I light up reflective signs more than a quarter mile away with ease, but the hot spot of the beams do not blind oncoming traffic.

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Low beam. You can see the spots from the outer lights which are still my old LEDs.

High beam

I haven’t done any adjustments yet not sure if I need to. I’m about 3-4 feet from the door. The center lights both seem to be centered near the middle.